RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[AVAILABLE]Other Buttons To move Left,right,up,down

Rep:
Level 86
 :o     Okay my Left arrow Key Broke of my keyboard So im requesting Like A=left s=Down=D=right and W=Up Like In blizzards abs script please help ty
« Last Edit: September 25, 2007, 04:19:15 AM by Zeriab »

One of the best rpg maker xp games ever!Try it out!
http://www.quintessence-tbv.com

Revolution is not a bed of roses.
Rep:
Level 91
Project of the Month winner for July 2009

Rep:
Level 86
Oh i put [REQUEST] cause i see everyone else doing it o.0

Rep:
Level 91
I can understand that, but every topic after I became a mod shouldn't have that. Don't worry about it too much.

This shouldn't be too hard for a scripter, if I wasn't running linux I'd give this a shot.

Rep:
Level 86
I can do real basic stuff just not somtin like dat

Rep:
Level 91
As far as scripting though, what you are asking for is VERY basic. It's just editing a conditional statement. If you use an input script, it should be easy.

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
Yeah, it's pretty easy. It can even be done with events. Something like this:

@>Conditional Branch: The X Button Is Being Pressed
  @>Set Move Route: Player
    :                           : Move Left

@>Wait: 3 Frames
@>Else
  @>Conditional Branch: The Y Button is Being Pressed
      :                           : Move Down

@>Else
    @>Conditional Branch: The Z Button is Being Pressed
        :                           : Move Right

@>Else
      @>Conditional Branch: The R Button is being pressed
          :                           : Move Up

@>Branch End
    @>Branch End
  @>Branch End
@>Branch End
@>Wait: 1 Frame

At least, that will work if you have default buttons. Otherwise you might have to edit the buttons in the menu that pops up when you press F1 during Test Play.

The Scripting Solution would be similarly very easy. I will give you a hint. Movement is controlled in the update method of Game_Player and you will need to rewrite the case statement which currently controls it.

Rep:
Level 90
Skilled Scripter, Shitty Mapper, Decent Writer.
I'll give you a hint too. There are keyboard scripts out there that allow the use of virtually every key on the keyboard to be used with the Input class and conditional branches. If I recall, didn't CyberSam do a keyboard script?

Rep:
Level 91
I think he did, but I believe Near Fantastica made one, and he's an amazing scripter, so I'd use his.

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
Well, if he just wants to use WASD he has no need of a full keyboard input