RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Immortality... A possibilty ?... If so would you want to live forever ?

Rep:
Level 87
Things we fear the most have already happened 2 us
Have you ever seen the show called 2057? It aired on Discovery Channel.  They do say,,while providing good evidence,,that in about 50 years we will have the ability to make artificial organs, thus prolonging everyone's lives.  It will probably be possible to create an artificial brain, the problem is, how do you pass all the information from a dying/dead brain to an artificial one.

If they can find a solution to THAT,,then immortaility is very well going to be possible in the near future.
"If u'r about to die,,then think of how good ur life has treated u up to this point.  On the
other hand,,if life hasn't treated u good up to this point,,then take joy in the fact that
it's not going to bother u for much longer."

Rep:
Level 87
I do want to live forever, I just think.... it's a curse more than a blessing, because god imagine how bored you would be.

Even now at 24 I don't nearly get as excited about things as when I was 14 and 15, and I expect my interest and zest for life to keep naturally declining.

It's not just the living forever part, you would have to have someway to desensitize certain areas of the brain to feel pleasure. Since pain is linked to pleasure ((notice how you tend to feel really good after you face a fear)), I think the only way you'd find happiness being an Immortal is if you were a person of importance that had their ass kissed a lot or like a celeb or somebody that continued to take risks or maybe some sort of military leader.

You would have to constantly test yourself to remain sane, I would imagine. Now...it's a subtle thing. It wouldn't happen overnight....but, I think the key is being an Immortal but having the same happiness as a child. *in cartman voice* Who doesn't want the innocence of a chiiiild.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2008, 05:43:29 AM by Adorkable »

Rep:
Level 88
Unoriginal text here.
I believe immortality is possible. I also believe in spirits. I believe that magical immortality is possible, as well as genetic/scientific immorality.

If I could be immortal, it would depend on my standing in the world. If I was making more and more money, then I'd want to be immortal so I could build up a sweet empire of riches.

Or if I had some cool weaponry, and was living constantly traveling on the road, or walking. That way I'd be like a lonely warrior that never dies.

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
Apparently immortality is possible- look at this damn thread.

Necro, lock, etc.