RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[RGSS3-XP] Dark Eternal: v1.0 (Complete)

Rep:
Level 90
Project of the Month winner for November 2007

Release Version: v1.0.0 - Released on May 4th, 2020.

Download:

http://www.zenosoft.co/Files/Games/DE2-Setup.exe

Overview:

Dark Eternal II is the direct sequel to Dark Eternal: Dissolution and begins in the immediate aftermath of the 'Dissolution Pact'.

Separated and confused, Nahla is rescued by "Brian" and nursed back to health in Northern Nikotha. Mysteriously immune to the dark plague, 'Pesuto'; they begin a journey that will bring Nahla to the heart of her ruined homeland and to the brink of sanity.

Zenogias, now awakened to his true identity, makes a pact with Desala; Travel to the Heiken Seal and restore equilibrium, allowing for the separation of the realms.

Follow Zenogias and Nahla's separate journeys as they slowly become intertwined in a complex tapestry of illusion, lies and Betrayl.

Features:

-45+ hours of gameplay
-Custom built RGSS3 Engine running @ 60FPS
-Active-time Battle System
-Original storyline that features a unique sci-fi/fantasy/horror hybridization over 20 years in the making
-The Essence System, a unique magic system inspired by FF6's Espers and FF7's Materia
-The Ascension System, a limited transformation system inspired by Breath of Fire
-The Sanity System, a meaningful choice system that allows for near-infinite replayability
-7 difficulties and a NG+ mode that further extends replayability
-High quality MP3 Soundtrack
-55 unique levels
-560 unique enemies
-18 playable characters
-1,300 magik abilities and techniques
-and much more..

Screenshots:

« Last Edit: May 06, 2020, 08:33:09 AM by Zenogias »

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
looks great :D
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2014 Most Unsung Member2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Best Use Of Avatar And Signature Space
Looking good, will download soon.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for August 2008Project of the Month winner for December 20092011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
loved the first one, can't wait to play this one ^_^
good luck

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Rep:
Level 91
wow =x
this looks awesome!

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2014 Most Unsung Member2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Best Use Of Avatar And Signature Space
This looks really cool. I am going to download as soon as I get my computer back. I am looking forward to playing it!

Communication begins with understanding
Rep:
Level 89
Project of the Month winner for October 2007
Lovely windowskin. I love it. Other from that, the game looks good.

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
A sequel!

Dark Eternal was one of the first RM games I tried. Good job, man!

Rep:
Level 87
Things we fear the most have already happened 2 us
YAY,,my first post!!!

The screenshots look awesome.  The game looks very very good.  I will certainly check it out!
"If u'r about to die,,then think of how good ur life has treated u up to this point.  On the
other hand,,if life hasn't treated u good up to this point,,then take joy in the fact that
it's not going to bother u for much longer."

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
SEXY! CAN'T WAIT TO DL! But the link here doesn't work.

Rep:
Level 87
Things we fear the most have already happened 2 us
WOW! 250 MB for chapter 1? that's pretty huge

Is there a way you can bring the size down?
"If u'r about to die,,then think of how good ur life has treated u up to this point.  On the
other hand,,if life hasn't treated u good up to this point,,then take joy in the fact that
it's not going to bother u for much longer."

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for August 2008Project of the Month winner for December 20092011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
WOW! 250 MB for chapter 1? that's pretty huge

Is there a way you can bring the size down?

it's a full MP3 soundtrack, there's where it's coming from.

also, I love the red fog thing, I was gna use that for my hotel game hehe

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Rep:
Level 90
Keep in mind the game without any music or sound is over 100mb alone.. It's a big game. Each chapter will get smalle rand smaller in file size, however.

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
congratz on POTM!
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

Rep: +0/-0Level 86
Looks great!! Downloading now...

Rep:
Level 90
Thanks guys, it's an honor.  :blizj:

I'm glad people are enjoying the game and I am busy at work on Chapter 2, which will be out sometime in late winter.. Expect alot more information/screenshots coming out about it in the coming month.

Rep:
Level 97
Yeah, congratulations. Your game deserves it.

Rep: +0/-0Level 86
great game overall. there was alot of cutscene in the beginning and i was wondering when the action would come in. And it did after 15mins or so. I do not know why this game has no font in it when i play it.

Rep:
Level 90
Two fonts should have come with your download package, scythe and weltronurban.. you need to install both of those fonts to play.

If for some reason you no longer have the download package,

Download http://www.zenosoft.net/fonts.zip

Install both fonts then try again.

« Last Edit: November 04, 2007, 07:37:02 PM by Zenogias »

Rep:
Level 89
I'm back again. Again.
As I said on the forums on your website, I think the Dark Eternal series are the best games made using RPGMaker XP.

Rep:
Level 88
Illuminaudio
Zenogias, teach me to be awesome plz.

Rep:
Level 90
Hey guys!

This post it to let everybody know that Dark Eternal II is back in full development after a year long hiatus. The Beta should be going out to beta testers by the end of august, so if you are interested be sure to check out bbs.zenosoft.net for the beta app.

I'll try and keep this thread updated as best I can, but for up to the minute news/info make sure you check out our official forums.

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2014 King of RMRK2014 Best Counsel2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Best Writer2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Counsel2011 Best Writer2010 Best Writer2010 Funniest Member
Moving to main Project Section then.
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep

Rep:
Level 90
New Systems Preview:
Essence System:

Ah yes, the essence system. This system is the most important in Dark Eternal II. You could call it a cornerstone. A long time ago, as a young teenager, I was obsessed with two rpgs. Final Fantasy 6 and Final Fantasy 7. I cannot tell you how many times I beat both of these games.. Storyline, battle system, music.. Everything about it. However, there was one thing that linked both of them together in my mind; they both had AMAZING magic systems. I loved both so much, to this day I still think they have not been touched. Growing up, imagining the RPG i wanted to make someday and all the things I wanted for it, the VERY first thing I decided is that I wanted a magic system that combined my favorite parts of the Esper system from FF6 and the Materia system from FF7, whilst adding a couple twists of my own. I never thought this system was going to be possible, and thus Dark Eternal: Dissolution was begrudgingly gifted with the default magic system.

Then came Justin, and the rest, as they say, is history. The Essence system is everything I just described and more. Throughout DE2 you will notice you no longer gain abilities just by gaining levels. You now have a new stat you gain points in at the end of battles along with XP, called EP. 'Essence Points' are awarded to characters that have an 'Essence' equipped. Essence are glowing artifacts that you may equip to a character if they have an elemental affinity not opposed to the essence's elemental affinity.

Quick Facts:

-Every Essence is either Holy, Shadow, Fire, Water, Ice, Nature and Thunder.

-Each Essence affinity is weak towards another, and strong towards another.

-A character that equips an essence that matches his affinity will gain stronger abilities from the essence, but a character with an opposing affinity to the essence will not be able to equip it at all. Example: Zenogias' affinity is shadow, so he is completely unable to equip holy essence.

-Every essence has 3-4 learnable abilities, each ability is learned at a different rate of speed. Aswell, each essence has an "Essence Strike" which is a unique ability that requires half tension and usable ONLY when an essence is equipped. (Essence strikes cannot be learned permanently.)

-Essence affect your attributes, both positvely and negatively aswell as make you strong against the essence's affinity and weak against the essence's counter affinity. This makes strategic use of essences key to surviving certain boss fights.

-It is important to note that essence are fully reusable and once you have one, it is yours forever for any character that can use it.

There is alot of depth to this system, and way too many aspects to name. You can obtain Essence through many different means, including story events, side quests, boss fights, etc. Certain essence will be required to kill certain bosses, making optional dungeons that may seem impossible at the time you find them, much more defeatable later down the road. You will equip essence at the essence menu in the regular menu system, keep in mind only one essence can be equipped PER character. As the essences you recieve get more and more powerful, so too does the stat boosts/penaltys.

Of course, there are many details not listed here that you will have to play the game to find out. Suffice to say, this system is the most important aspect of DE2 and will make it stand out from the crowd in dramatic fashion.

Screenshots coming soon..

Map/Teleport System:

One of the more basic, yet crucial systems in Dark Eternal II; The Map/Teleport system. One of the first things you will notice as you begin playing DE2 is that you have a fully functional map at your disposal. By pressing the Tab Key, a map console will pop up showing the map of either the Living Realm or the Dormant Realm, depending on which of these realms you are currently in. The Void Realm is not mapped and therefore you will not be able to track your location while in this realm. A blinking cursor will show your current location on the map, and a box towards the bottom will say the name of the area you are currently residing in.

Now, that is the map side of the system. The more interesting feature of the map system, however, is the fact that eventually; you will be able to use this map (with the help of a friend you will meet somewhere in the game) to backtrack to areas you have already visited, effectivly teleporting back and forth between areas you may need to revisit. Now, although in Chapters 1 and 2 the game is still mostly linear, Chapters 3-6 will be much more open-ended and the teleport system will be a key feature in completing objectives that might have required a much longer journey.

Note: The Void Realm, being previously mentioned as unmapped, will not have teleporting available in it.

More info and screenshots to come...

Transformation System:

Unlike most of the new systems in DE2, The transformation system does not have a large scope. It is probably the most complex in design, but has a very pointed purpose. Mid-battle transformations. Certain characters will have the ability to transform themselves into different forms for varying amounts of times. When transformed, the character will have a completely different set of attributes and abilities. Transformation abilities can either be innate or learned through various ways. Characters with transformation-type abilities will be rare and generally those characters are tormented by their gift and side effects of the use of their transformations could be severe.

Please note, the transformation system will likely not be implemented until chapter 3, due to time constraints and me wanting to get chapter 2 out in august. When it is implemented, it will be backloaded into chapter 1 and 2 aswell.

Sanity System:

Although one of the more basic systems of DE2 in complexity of design, The sanity system will have an extremely large impact on gameplay and replayability.

Whenever you have control of Zenogias, you will be struggling to keep him sane through a series of events that could drive anybody off the deepend. As with the original DE, you will make decisions. Your decisions can change the corse of your gameplay, and will effect Zenogias' mental health. There are two sides to sanity, Depression and Anger. By default, you are 0. Right in the middle, completely sane. The tough part is keeping it that way.

Every choice in the game will effect your sanity a little to a lot, depending on the severity of the choice. Certain choices will draw him further into depression, and other choices will make him grow more angry.. A Balance is key, but what if you lose balance? All events in DE2 are effected by Zeno's sanity. Ever wonder what it would be like if you entered a shop, and instead of a friendly exchange of words with the shop owner, you exchanged your blade for his vocal chords? That would be something that could only happen deep into the anger side of the sanity meter.

What if you are traveling through a mountainous area, and you come upon a cliff overlooking a lush valley. Usually, you would enjoy the view with your allies then move on.. What if Zeno just decided to.. Jump off? That is something that would only happen deep in the depression side of the sanity meter.

Basiclly, you are performing a balancing act between two extremes that both can prove deadly for Zenogias. Now, being slightly into either side of sanity will make it's effects less pronounced and less dramatic.. Small things might happen, like hallucinations, paranoia, strange conversations, etc. Only as you go deeper into either side of sanity will you start to see dramatic events unfold related to Zeno's mental health. If you fail to balance your sanity and reach a maximum level on either side, Zenogias will find some way to end it all. Depending on the area you are traveling through, the circumstances of his situation, anything could happen; but one thing is for sure.. It will be game over.

In addition, throughout the game you will see unique events depending on your current sanity level.. Certain things can only happen if Zenogias is within a specific range of sanity. Certain items, gear, essences, etc. may only be obtainable if Zeno is, say, 50 points into Depression, or maybe 25 points into Anger.. There may even be different endings based upon your sanity level at the end of the game, or certain dungeons that you can only get to if you are a certain sanity level.

Depression <================ ( (X) ) ===============> Anger

This is a rough idea of how the sanity meter will look. The "X" represents complete sanity, and the < and > represent maximum levels of both depression and anger. It is important to note that if you reach -95 or +95 sanity (-95 being depression +95 being anger), you have reached the point of no return and you will no longer be able to save. At that point, Zeno's fate is sealed and it is a matter of time before he finds a way to kill himself and/or others.

Also note, Nahla's party is not effected by Sanity, and you will only encounter the sanity system while in control of Zenogias.

Rep:
Level 97
The essence system looks very nice! :)

And the Sanity stuff seems pretty dynamic, which is pretty cool. Anyway, I'm looking forward to the game. Good luck!