RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Gears Of War PC

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Best Non-RM Creator2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)2013 Best IRC ChatterboxParticipant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Funniest Member2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Best IRC ChatterboxSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Best IRC Chatterbox

I know it's old, but who's psyched about it? I'm going to buy it when it first comes out. Yeah that's right. I WILL FUCKING BUY IT BECAUSE IT IS GOING TO FUCKING KICK ASS. Better than your silly Unreal Tournament. Remember, you need XP or Vista.

Gears of War®, a Games for Windows title slated for release in the 2007 holiday season, features the amazing tactical action and multiplayer excitement found in the critically acclaimed Gears of War for Xbox 360™ that has sold more than 3.5 million units. In addition, gamers will enjoy a variety of all-new content, including three new multiplayer maps, a new multiplayer game type, game editor, five new campaign chapters, and DirectX 10 support.

Gears of War thrusts gamers into a deep and harrowing story of humankind’s epic battle for survival against the Locust Horde, a nightmarish race of creatures that surface from the bowels of the planet.

With Gears of War, Epic returns gamers to the massively scoped worlds, memorable characters, co-operative gameplay, and hyper-realistic combat that gamers have come to expect from the franchise, plus a few new surprises.

Features:
  • Frag-filled new content. Gears of War will feature locations that are unique to the franchise and the genre. Players will encounter all of their favorite foes from the Xbox 360 version; however, these intense encounters will take place in some new environments and allow players to manipulate the new game modes and technology found only in a Games for Windows title. Boasting three new multiplayer maps, a new multiplayer game type, game editor, five new campaign chapters, and DirectX 10support, Gears of War, will challenge and push the limits of the PC gaming experience and provide an unparalleled visual presentation.
  • Engaging and disturbing cinematic story. Movie-like cut scenes, cinematic camera moves, and in-game storytelling bring the brutal, emotionally charged narrative to life. Gamers control Marcus Fenix and his fire team as they pit advanced technology against the overwhelming and horrific Locust Horde.
  • Unmatched online gaming. Gears of War will tap into the power of Games for Windows LIVE™ to deliver online matchmaking for its Gold account members. The service will enable gamers around the globe to connect via their PCs, allowing players to experience individualized matchmaking, view player statistics, earn player Achievements, customize games, and create personalized profiles.
  • New game editor. The game will also feature the all-new game editor, guaranteeing new user-generated content in the future. The Gears of War community will be able to tap their endless creative potential to develop an unlimited number of user-created levels through complete access to the Unreal Editor. Players can now import custom artwork into the engine, create particle systems, scripted encounters, cinematics, and more.
  • Astounding visuals in next-generation gaming. Gears of War ushers in the next generation with incredible visuals, pushing DirectX 10 visual designs and bringing out the smallest details in the largest battle. Gamers experience a rich, dynamic world with a supreme level of detail. Characters come to life with unbelievable model quality and a physics-integrated animation system that has them truly reacting intelligently to events as they unfold around them.
  • Hyper-realistic and intense combat. In Gears of War, the battlefield is a lethal place—to foolishly stand out in the open is to invite an untimely demise. To survive, gamers must employ strategy, take cover using the interactive and dynamic environments, and suppress the enemy with blind fire, using their weapons and teammates to outwit and outfight their terrifying enemies.

Spoiler for Screenshots:

Spoiler for Videos:
Gears Of War PC E3 Microsoft Conference

Gears Of War 360 Mad World Trailer

Gears Of War 360 Trailer

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki
Better than your silly Unreal Tournament.

I'm sure we can work this little misunderstanding some how...

But, yeah, I might check it out sometime...

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Best Non-RM Creator2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)2013 Best IRC ChatterboxParticipant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Funniest Member2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Best IRC ChatterboxSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Best IRC Chatterbox
Better than your silly Unreal Tournament.

I'm sure we can work this little misunderstanding some how...

But, yeah, I might check it out sometime...
LOLOLOLOL
Look at the graphics...look at it...the weight of the character...the way you move....it's so..amazing.

Absolutely the one chosen by fadark
Rep:
Level 94
GAAAAAAAAY
Its just a knockoff of battletoads, and you all know it's true deep down.

Rep:
Level 102
Its just a knockoff of battletoads, and you all know it's true deep down.
Yes, it's allot like this..

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? The nice kind of alien~
Rep:
Level 92
Martian - Occasionally kind
Battletoads rocks!!!

Is GoW worth anything in multiplayer?
Unreal Tournaments force is multiplayer. I have no trouble believing GoW being better in singleplayer ^_^

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
Battletoads rocks!!!

Unreal Tournaments force is multiplayer. I have no trouble believing GoW being better in singleplayer ^_^
BATTLETOADS!!!!!! I miss that game...

I heard there are lots of problems in multiplayer. (But that's 360..)
As much as I love the Unreal series, all of epics games seem to be made out of competition.
Unreal : Quake
GoW : Too Human
And it's sad what they did to Silicon Knights, I love Twin Snakes and Eternal Darkness.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2007, 03:07:33 AM by SirJackRex »

Rep:
Level 102

Quote from: SirJackRex
I heard there are lots of problems in multiplayer. (But that's 360..)
What did you hear? The multiplayer is great.

Quote from: Zeriab
Battletoads rocks!!!

Actually, the multi player is the best part of the game. It's the most popular on Xbox live. :o Trust me, you won't be disappointed with he multiplayer.

I'm the mother-fucking muffin KING, bitch.
Rep:
Level 88
Fuck You.
When does this come out again?

a href="http://www.justsayhi.com/bb/fight5" style="display: block; background: url(http://assets.justsayhi.com/badges/415/366/fight5.sxycnp87hy.jpg) no-repeat; width: 296px; height: 84px; font-family: Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 42px; color: #fff; text-decoration: none; text-align: center; padding-top: 145px;">25</a><p><small>Meet <a href="http://www.justsayhi.com/states/151/new-hampshire">New Hampshire Singles</a></small></p

Rep:
Level 102
This holiday season.

I'm the mother-fucking muffin KING, bitch.
Rep:
Level 88
Fuck You.
shoulda figured..Dead Rising shoulda came to pc before gears.

a href="http://www.justsayhi.com/bb/fight5" style="display: block; background: url(http://assets.justsayhi.com/badges/415/366/fight5.sxycnp87hy.jpg) no-repeat; width: 296px; height: 84px; font-family: Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 42px; color: #fff; text-decoration: none; text-align: center; padding-top: 145px;">25</a><p><small>Meet <a href="http://www.justsayhi.com/states/151/new-hampshire">New Hampshire Singles</a></small></p

Rep:
Level 92
You made me think this was a FPS -_-

Rep:
Level 102
You made me think this was a FPS -_-
3rd person. :o

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
Third person shooters don't compare to first persons...

Absolutely the one chosen by fadark
Rep:
Level 94
GAAAAAAAAY
I whole heartedly agree.  GoW is the best third person I have ever played though, by far.  I only wish you could go into a first person mode.

Rep:
Level 102
Third person shooters don't compare to first persons...
In most cases yes, but I believe this is an exception.

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
The thing I love about (from 360) ports, is that it's only 50$ instead of 60$!

Rep:
Level 92
On a side-note... Since this is not a first person shooter I may actually like it when using a gamepad.

Rep:
Level 97
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantSecret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Most Successful Troll
to all of you unrealfags, this is made by the same people. It does not disappoint.

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
to all of you unrealfags, this is made by the same people. It does not disappoint.

No shit sherlock.