RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[RESERVED] Scripts for a Know-It-All like item

Rep:
Level 87
Let God judge me only !
Well well, guys,
I'm looking for a script that may help in my project.
Let me describe my idea first :
- I met a talkative fairy who thinks that she's a Know-It-All scholar ( In facts, she's a living encylopedia )
- Cuz she's so talkative, then I don't wanna take her all around with me, I put her in something ( a bag ?) and only summon when need ( actually she maybe auto pop out in some events)
Now the main request come :
She works exactly as an encylopedia which can update itself.
- When I access ( summon) her, the scene will pop up ( just use Window Scene, for easy work )
Then divide into 8 sections :
+ Class ( about 32 classes - let me customize this and just tell me how to do in the script  :lol: )
+ Weapon ( Sub-sections : Sword, Blade, ... about 16 types, let me customize this, too  :lol:)
+ Armor ( Sub-sections : Armor, Helm, Shield )
+ Accessory ( Sub-sections : Ring, Necklace, Others )
+ Material ( uh ..oh ... so many, then just make it like a text file then I can full fill it later)
+ Jewel ( so many, too )
+ Monsters ( Sub-sections : Monsters, Bosses )
+ Herb ( Sub-sections : Natural Herb, Manmade Potion )

Things will be displayed in these section should be : icon, big frame for comments, price, other notes)
For the Monster section there're : Name, Type, Stat, Rating ( S , A, B, C, D, E ), infos ( the text i customize later)

The problem isn't just that, but this encyclopedia can be updated after events.
Ex :
-the section " Class" begins with 8 ordinary class, then when an actor with different class join the party, then his/her class will automatically added it the encyclopedia.
-the section " Monster" begins with nothing in it, then when the party kill a monster, its infos will automatically added into the encylopedia, just ONCE ! The second and later time killing the same monster won't get its infos again ( Well, I tried the Beastiary script but that's not what I want, cuz I don't need pictures, just icon and text, long text)

Uh ...oh, I'll post the Window Frame if anyone can tell me how to post pictures on this 4rum not through a picture-sharing site ?

I know this would be a hard nut, but all helps are welcome with greet thanks  :-*

EDIT :
Here the Window Scene looks like :

The Main Menu :

The Class Menu :

The Weapon Menu ( also the same as the Armor, Accesory, Material, Herb, Jewel Menu )

The Monster/Bosses Menu :

*EDIT : I've just found another host. It's better to view now lol:

« Last Edit: September 07, 2007, 12:16:33 AM by Falcon »
Live how long and when to die. You and me, both we don't have the right to decide that.

Rep:
Level 87
In my own little world...
You lucky dog.
I told this pro scriptor that I know very well about your request and he said he'd do it for you as long as nobody tackles it before him. But it may take awhile, he's wrapped up in a bunch of stuff.  ;)

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
 :o

Who's the scripter? Anyone I know?  :P

Rep:
Level 87
In my own little world...
His name is Leon.
A good buddy of mine, he's well known in CA.

Rep:
Level 87
Let God judge me only !
OMG  :tpg:
If you let me know that I've just won a lottery prize, sure that it wouldn't make me happier than this news.
Fine, my friend.
This's a complicated problem, so tell your friend just take his time. I'm not in a hurry  ;D
Well well, thank you and your friend 1001 times  :tpg:
I'll wait  ;8
Live how long and when to die. You and me, both we don't have the right to decide that.

Rep:
Level 86
I wanted to let you know, I haven't forgotten your request.  I just had my network crash and had to fix it.  We had an electrical storm fry the whole dang thing.  It sucked, but I think it might be fixed.

Rep:
Level 87
Let God judge me only !
No, I didn't trouble me at all.  :D
I trust you who took my request so seriously without pay-back requirement. So cool  :lol:
Just take your time and do it leisurely.  ;D
I'm in progress with my mapping, so you can do it slowly and carefully.
Just note me when you archive the progressing, then  :lol:

Rep:
Level 86
For the class listing, do yu want all classes available immediately?  By that, I mean can you view the information on any class at any time?

Rep:
Level 87
Let God judge me only !
Nope. Cuz there're some unique classes that only appear in the last period of the game ( Rune Knight, Joker,...)
That's why I ask for the auto-update thing  ;D
It should be more interesting when you have to figure out hidden classes to complete the game with high ranking. That also make the game have unique re-play value. ;D
« Last Edit: August 28, 2007, 09:50:32 AM by Jin_Axl »

Rep:
Level 86
That adds a new dimension to the creative process.  I wish i knew how classes were unlocked.  That would help greatly.  Can you tell me how, exactly?

Rep:
Level 87
Let God judge me only !
Well done.
It'll come to a careful explaination . Listen :
There 're about 42 classes with the first 8 ordinary classes :
They are :
+Swordman
+Mage
+Thief
+Priest
+Knight
+Archer
+Fighter
+Shaman

Below are the promotable classes :
+Swordman -> Swordmaster/ Crusader/ Hero -> Ex class : Holy Knight
+Mage -> Wizard/Sorcerer/Sage                      -> Ex class : Summoner / Archsage
+Thief -> Rogue/ Assassin/ Ninja                      -> Ex class : Nightcrawler/ Demonhunter
+Priest -> Cleric/Bishop/Sage                           -> Ex class : Oracle
+Knight -> Defender/General/Paladin/Ranger  -> Ex class : Holy Knight/ Rune Knight
+Archer -> Hunter/Amazon/Ninja                      -> Ex class : Demonhunter
+Fighter -> Guardian/Barbarian/Warrior           -> Ex class : Inquisitor
+Shaman -> Druid/Witch/Sorcerer                    -> Ex class : Summoner/ Heretic

Beside there are unique classes :
+Pirate
+Fortuneteller
+Ronin

The 8 ordinary classes will be avaiable at the beginning.
The promotable classes will appear only after one character access to that class.
The Ex-class will be unlocked only under some special condition
The unique classes will be auto-added when that character with that class join the party
Does it make you clear, bud ?
Well, just ask me if you have something that you don't figure out, then.

With sincere,
« Last Edit: August 28, 2007, 06:54:32 AM by Jin_Axl »

Rep:
Level 86
What i should ask is how are new classes made available?  Do you turn on a in-game switch that triggers the new classes to be used, or is it a script?  If it is a script, I will need to look at it to determine how the class is added so the same trigger will trigger the class being added to the know-it-all script.

Rep:
Level 87
Let God judge me only !
Hmm ? Didn't I make it clear ?
Excepts 8 ordinary classes are available at the beginning, all other classes will only appear later in certain condition, they should be :
 + 22 promotable classes : only show up if character with one of those classes join the party or character promote to that class
 + 9 Ex-classes : only show up if character promote to that class
 + 3 Unique classes : only show up if character with one of those classes join the party

I would call a script than turn on a switch.
It should be something like this :
Event:
+Change party : [Aluxes] joined.
+Script : $KIA.class_add(Swordmaster) <==== something like that  :D

Does it clear ?  :D

Rep:
Level 90
Skilled Scripter, Shitty Mapper, Decent Writer.
A moment if I may? Why not just add a check to the add item, weapon, armor, and party member Game_Party methods to check if whatever is being added has been added to the Know-it-all book already?

Rep:
Level 87
Let God judge me only !
I'm a blind + mute + deaf at scripting  ::)

pokeball WcWOfflineMale
Rep:
Level 87
2 + 2 is a math problem, NOT 4.
Or better yet, everytime you gain a new item, it goes to an array like so:
Code: [Select]
$items.push(item_id) if not $items.include?(item_id)
That'll make sure that every item you've ever gained is in the array $items, which can be accessed by the encyclopedia to tell if you've ever gained it.
If you are reading this, the government of the U.S.A. is currently planting a chip in your brain.
People like decreasing my Rep. In fact, people like decreasing most others people's rep.

Rep:
Level 90
Skilled Scripter, Shitty Mapper, Decent Writer.
Avoid using global variables(unless it's to store a class) when at all possible. Especially since methods can be arrays. You had the right idea though. Check your PMs for a few examples on how I'd make this work.

Rep:
Level 86
I will just add the arrays into Game_Party, best place for them, and easiest to manage.

I apologize for taking so long, i have a deadline to meet for school, and my grandmother is in the hospital.

Rep:
Level 87
Let God judge me only !
I'm so sorry to hear that. How are your grandma getting now ? Is she better yet ? :=:
Bah, as I said before, just feel easy and take your time. I'm not in a mad rush and you should consider your own problems first. Continue with my request only in your spare time, ok ?  ;)