RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
spending more time on forums than making games?

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
It's not that I procrastinate, I just get tired of making it, not as much fun. The fun I have in scripting and eventing is making things work and making them work perfectly (Although I have yet to do the first one in scripting and the second one in both XD)

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki
i was talking about the rm itself lol but yea, they suck major penis.

Oh, I see what you did there...

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
Top Ten Reasons to Procrastinate RMXP

1)

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2014 King of RMRK2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Best Counsel2014 Best Writer2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Writer2011 Best Counsel2010 Funniest Member2010 Best Writer
RPG Maker is just a whole lot harder to do than people would think. Making a game that is totally your own and stands out is really hard work and needs an unbreakable work ethic.
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
* NAMKCOR has great work ethic

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Rep:
Level 86
Argh!
So after a few games you guys get tired of making them?

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2014 King of RMRK2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Best Counsel2014 Best Writer2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Writer2011 Best Counsel2010 Funniest Member2010 Best Writer
It consumes too much time really.

Rep:
Level 86
Argh!
Well Im still young.
I want to at least finish one game before packing it up.
I don't want to learn C++ for nothing.

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki
I find it fun to do, but I'm too into my Wii right now...I knew this would happen sometime or another...
But yeah, my game, I have like seven maps, it's using a side view battle system, and it's hard to find sprites for them...I would make some...but....
but I'm too into my Wii right now...I knew this would happen sometime or another...

I've been trying to hunt down scripts, but I've been waaaay too busy this month. (Plus, most scripts ((Or a lot of them)) only work with the default menu system and default other stuff)

Rep:
Level 98
I'm 100% set for sprites. I make them myself, but I don't want everyone being like "OMFG, MAEK ME A DEMON WITH ORANGE WINGS THAT HAS 34693406934 SORDS N IS ANDS." And be all bitchy about it. :\ Making a game takes alot of determination.

Rep:
Level 86
Argh!
Programming is the worst part.
I wish I could hire someone but I'm not going to waste my money on that.
I have to buy a car before I get my permit. I only have 2 and so many days left.
I need a job badly.

I'm the mother-fucking muffin KING, bitch.
Rep:
Level 88
Fuck You.
i made one shitty game a really long time ago. The fourms are more entertaining.

a href="http://www.justsayhi.com/bb/fight5" style="display: block; background: url(http://assets.justsayhi.com/badges/415/366/fight5.sxycnp87hy.jpg) no-repeat; width: 296px; height: 84px; font-family: Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 42px; color: #fff; text-decoration: none; text-align: center; padding-top: 145px;">25</a><p><small>Meet <a href="http://www.justsayhi.com/states/151/new-hampshire">New Hampshire Singles</a></small></p

Rep: +0/-0Level 86
I seem to find myself spending more time checking the forums than even working on my game lol.

lol, same here. Though today I am making a start on my first game, I will try to focus more on that than read and post here on the forums.

Rep:
Level 88
wrath of winter
I seem to find myself spending more time checking the forums than even working on my game lol.

same here, but moreso cuz it's all I can do all day.

Programming is the worst part.
I wish I could hire someone but I'm not going to waste my money on that.
I have to buy a car before I get my permit. I only have 2 and so many days left.
I need a job badly.

hmmm...my friend who works in a grocery store tells me that those who work in the meat&dairy sections of the store get paid more than the baggers and cashiers...or become an understudy at a local college's medical program, I hear doctors and trainees get paid a bit more.
you need a car before your permit?  my parents let me get mine using the family van...hope you do well on your driver's test when you get to it.

and on the hiring thing...it's never really worth it unlees the idea is well underway or is unnaturally good/guaranteed to be a hit.  I might get hired to be a sprite-sheet spriter for a game-creation program (made with Game Maker lol), but the pay is per game sold, with an initial payment up-front and then nothing til the guy makes it back, then the installments per game.

« Last Edit: August 21, 2007, 05:31:21 PM by iceflame1019 »

Want a personal sig like this? Ask Firerain:
http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,20203.0.html

Rep:
Level 88
Unoriginal text here.
And I'm just STARTING to make games, but I've technically spent more time on the forums, even though I just downloaded the program and just signed on here today.