RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Please Look at This!

Rep: +0/-0Level 90
Everyone noticed I am not ON anymore. I

Rep:
Level 90
wow, love how you did the greenery of the map.
 :shock:  :whoa:  :shock:
I didn't really see any of your other owrk, so don't know how much you have improved.
*maybe I should practice my mapping*

pokeball zxmOfflineMale
Astronaut Raticate Banana
Rep:
Level 92
Pineapple Line Colour
Pwnage. You da Man.

MANMACHINE
Rep:
Level 91
God of Dicks
At first glance it looks awesome. That is of course... only at first glance. There are so many little problems here I don't even know where to begin. However, most people don't pay very much attention to things so I'll just point out the things that immediately caught my eye in each image.

First Picture - Skipping this one since you took close ups.

Second Picture - The stairs are so damn long and thin. It just doesn't look right at all. If you were to thing 3-dimentionally those stairs wouldn't be stairs at all, and more like a ladder. Only, there is nothing to hold onto, so they would be unclimbable. Perhaps you could make it so the cliffs aren't so incredibly high.

Third Picture - The lower waterfalls. WTF? The hell were you thinking? Why do you have the part where the waterfall makes contact with standing water (the foamy part) right in the middle of the waterfall? That makes no sense!

Fourth Picture - That cave on the ledge. Or is that a ledge? Whatever it is supposed to be it doesn't work how it currently is.

Fifth Picture - Upper right corner. Does that grass from the lower level come up onto the cliff that is like a billion feet above it? Also the ramp or hill or whatever that connecting part with the pathish dirt on it is supposed to be doesn't look right. Try using the tiles meant for representing a ramp/hill/thing.

Sixth Picture - The only thing that really jumps out at me here is the ledge with the cave again. The wall doesn't meet the edge smoothly. It just looks weird.

There are so many more little things that are messed up I am not going to list them all. Not to mention the qualm I have with your tileset. Number one complaint, the shadows are all differnt colors, which looks totally rediculous when merged together, not to mention causes issues with transparency. You maps also seem possibly a bit TOO cluttered. Its all chaos and no logic. Sure, nature is rather random, but it is still governed by certain rules. You should try to make you map feel natural.

P.S.: Out of pure curiosity, how do you intend on making that middle bridge functional?

Ok, thanks a lot for your inputs.
@GilgameshRO:
Second Picture: I don

MANMACHINE
Rep:
Level 91
God of Dicks
About the bridge, I mean how do you have it so you can go under it AND over it? (I know a way to do it, I just wanted to know if you do.)

Anyways, most of the little things that bother me aren't actual problems, (though there are a few) but rather just things I presonally think look silly or weird.  :?

Hm... I have to say no, because I never tried it... But I am trying and having no luck, so I guess that that

MANMACHINE
Rep:
Level 91
God of Dicks
[Removed]

Rep:
Level 91
Thanks For Coming
Meh whats the big deal.

I dont like it.

Let me tell you why zomg im a miserable bastard

1. Your path is too square
2. Autotiles are very wrong
3. Those bush things are treetops  :roll:
4. Your cliffs are too "natural"
5. Last time i checked you couldnt climb a high mountain with a perfect set of straight stairs
6. Too many exits at the north of the map
7. Waterfalls dont usually come from a small lake behind it :roll:
8. Huge bridge is too big
9. That thing on the top left by the huge tree is a swamp thing if im not mistaken :roll:
10. Last time i went to the mountains i actually noticed a difference in the trees :roll:

Well there you go.

Quote from: GilgameshRO
At first glance it looks awesome. That is of course... only at first glance. There are so many little problems here I don't even know where to begin. However, most people don't pay very much attention to things so I'll just point out the things that immediately caught my eye in each image.

First Picture - Skipping this one since you took close ups.

Second Picture - The stairs are so damn long and thin. It just doesn't look right at all. If you were to thing 3-dimentionally those stairs wouldn't be stairs at all, and more like a ladder. Only, there is nothing to hold onto, so they would be unclimbable. Perhaps you could make it so the cliffs aren't so incredibly high.

Third Picture - The lower waterfalls. WTF? The hell were you thinking? Why do you have the part where the waterfall makes contact with standing water (the foamy part) right in the middle of the waterfall? That makes no sense!

Fourth Picture - That cave on the ledge. Or is that a ledge? Whatever it is supposed to be it doesn't work how it currently is.

Fifth Picture - Upper right corner. Does that grass from the lower level come up onto the cliff that is like a billion feet above it? Also the ramp or hill or whatever that connecting part with the pathish dirt on it is supposed to be doesn't look right. Try using the tiles meant for representing a ramp/hill/thing.

Sixth Picture - The only thing that really jumps out at me here is the ledge with the cave again. The wall doesn't meet the edge smoothly. It just looks weird.

There are so many more little things that are messed up I am not going to list them all. Not to mention the qualm I have with your tileset. Number one complaint, the shadows are all differnt colors, which looks totally rediculous when merged together, not to mention causes issues with transparency. You maps also seem possibly a bit TOO cluttered. Its all chaos and no logic. Sure, nature is rather random, but it is still governed by certain rules. You should try to make you map feel natural.

P.S.: Out of pure curiosity, how do you intend on making that middle bridge functional?

Your all right  :^^: I finished off for you. Oh and the bridge needs to be done with events but seeing the lack of them makes me think hes not going too  :whoa: [/quote]

Rep:
Level 89
I think those maps are awesome!! Nice work.
RPG Heights : A brand new high... http://www.forumsvibe.com/monsterdoog/

Rep:
Level 89
The first thing I noticed about these screens was the bridges. Way too big. And everything just seems to stick out too much,  :roll:

Rep:
Level 90
OMFG that is a FRIGON AWSOME map

Rep:
Level 89
'The RPG Tree' Head Admin
Wow, Great maps :D

"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail"

Rep:
Level 91
Thanks For Coming
Quote from: monster-doog
I think those maps are awesome!! Nice work.

Quote from: Tayuke
Wow, Great maps Very Happy

Quote from: Knox22
OMFG that is a FRIGON AWSOME map

You guys should really set your standards higher, seriously  :roll:

Rep: +0/-0Level 89
Was just curious in asking was that an enhanced tileset that you were using and if so where can I get it?
....Much darkness to you all....

It's a nice map. MUCH better than I can do. The only bad point is the waterfalls.

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
That makes every map I've done look terrible. I'm humbled.

Rep: +0/-0Level 91
Gaming Hearts Studios Director
I kinda agree with Dwarra, It's good, but there's the things Dwarra pointed out that I agree with, like the bridge, and the paths being too square.  But I couldn't do any better, so...meh..

Rep:
Level 90
You mean the ultimate tileset ...?
You can find it probably in the recourses area.
MSN CHAT-

BlueXx says: Why would i lie to someone as dumb as you?

Kite says: Cuz i'm as dumb as me

BlueXx says: Good point

Rep:
Level 89
slate furry thing
*drools uncontrollably*
YOU PWN AT MAPPING O_O

Do you know Meta Warp? You quite possibly have as great skills as he does at mapping... but with XP instead of 2000.

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 King of RMRK2013 Best Musician2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Funniest MemberFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]2011 Funniest Member2011 Best MusicianMost entertaining member on the IRC2010 Most Missed Member
Quote from: Jirbytaylor
*drools uncontrollably*
YOU PWN AT MAPPING O_O

Do you know Meta Warp? You quite possibly have as great skills as he does at mapping... but with XP instead of 2000.

WHAT!?

OK, ramiro's map is good compared to what many people here can do, and in fact, it's a great improvement over what ramiro's maps used to be, but it isn't as great as you're all making it out to be.  :O_o:
:tinysmile:

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
Compared to maps I've done it's godly. I had no idea you could make maps look that good.

That map sucks  :whoa:

You guys must be pretty bad at mapping if thats "godly" or "pwnage"

My xbox 360 gamercard =D

Rep:
Level 90
I have game maker's block PM me with game ideas.
Well,over all these are great maps,except for a few thing like the super thin stairs and,th cave on the ledge that doens meet the wall properly.
Also when the waterfall hist the ground it looks like it keeps going even after the foamy part.

But still overall, Nice Job!
Major Project : Cliche Cronicles
Total: [llllllllllllllllllll] 0%
Story: [llllllllllllllllllll] 0%
Resources: [llllllllllllllllllll] 0%
Script: [llllllllllllllllllll] 0%
Voice Overs: [llllllllllllllllllll] 0%

Currently: Planning

Rep:
Level 90
well, kairo... not all people have the skill, or as i like to call it, the gift, of great mapping. See, he is on the verge of becoming gifted. He should try posting a much... smaller map :wink: