RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Nihongo?

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Not much is posted here (General Chat forums).... Well, it's win-win. The forums gets a post and I get something (maybe). So... Is anyone willing to teach me Japanese? Written form doesn't need to be taught considering it's all based off the pronunciation. Thanks in advance!

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
http://www.rosettastone.com/en/?a=b
that's what I plan on using, it teaches you to speak it

all I really know is
"watashiwa NAMKCOR desu"
(I am NAMKCOR)
which I'm sure I spelled wrong

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Rep:
Level 96
2010 Most Attractive Male Member2010 Best Musician
Here's a quick lesson.

ka = a question mark.

For example, "genki desu" literally translates to "I am healthy" or "I am fine/okay/good."

genki = healthy
desu = am (subject is implied.)

So, "genki desu ka" literally translates to "are you healthy?" In other words

genki desu ka? = How are you?
genki desu = I am fine.

And even though Japanese is very simple, in terms of pronunciation, there's still 1 or 2 tricks. For example, most characters that end in u (like ku, su, and tsu) and a few others that DON'T end in u (like shi for example) aren't pronounced fully. (There are exceptions)
They're cut short, you know?

example:
Wakarimashita = I understand.
Pronounced wa KA ri MA shTA

Kuso = OH CRAP! (i.e. expression of disappointment.)
Pronounced K'saaw

Shimatta = same thing as kuso, basically
Pronounced shMA-tah

Wakarimashitaka?

I actually don't know all that much, either, lol.

:tinysmile::tinysmile:

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
I only know a couple like "Anata wa baka desu" >:] and the basic stuff. Also, I would use Rosetta stone but it costs so dang much and I don't feel like paying (if someone on RMRK were to teach me, I'd pay them back somehow, though). Like hell the people at Rosetta stone are going to take RMXP icons and event help for payment. Also, thanks for the lesson. It's still something, so yeah. :) Also, do you mind sending me a PM? I have a habit of going to PMs and repping people and de-repping one guy... So yeah. PM doesn't have to contain any information.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
I only know a couple like "Anata wa baka desu" >:] and the basic stuff. Also, I would use Rosetta stone but it costs so dang much and I don't feel like paying (if someone on RMRK were to teach me, I'd pay them back somehow, though). Like hell the people at Rosetta stone are going to take RMXP icons and event help for payment. Also, thanks for the lesson. It's still something, so yeah. :) Also, do you mind sending me a PM? I have a habit of going to PMs and repping people and de-repping one guy... So yeah. PM doesn't have to contain any information.

yeah, I would appreciate this as well, seeing as, for my college major, there's a good chance that I might go to Kyoto for 4 months

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Wtf? That's insane, man. XD Also, I've been searching up "free online Japanese lessons" (lol) on Yahoo and they've given pretty good results. Just learn how to say words, memorize the "alphabet" and give it a go! XD Also, it seems as if "Nihon" means Japan (because Nihongo and Nihonjin) so would Amerikajin (or however it's spelled) be American Language?
« Last Edit: July 28, 2007, 02:06:12 AM by mastermoo420 »

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
yeah, my major is Interactive Media and Game Design

I'll see if I can find Rosetta...err...."liberated"....yeah...that's it

Licks
Rep:
Level 91
Sexual Deviant
Domo Arigato means thank you

You zetta sons of digits.
Rep:
Level 91
SMEEEEE HEEEEEE
If you manage to get a 'liberated' i wouldn't mind one also please.

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Just go torrenting for it. :P

You zetta sons of digits.
Rep:
Level 91
SMEEEEE HEEEEEE
yeah good point.

Edit : decent torrent, around 25-30 seeders.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2007, 09:15:52 AM by link_999 »

DERP ME
Rep:
Level 87
Wheeeeeeee
Onamae wa nan desuka?
What is your name?

Sayoonara?
Goodbye

Ohayoogozaimasu
Good Morning

Konnichiwa
Hello (said after 10am)

Konbanwa
Good afternoon

Oyasuminasai
Good night

Moshi Moshi
Hello (on the phone)

I can speak some nihongo (am learning it at school). If you want I can give you some sentences and words and stuff.

I am epic, you are not.
Rep:
Level 93
Defender of Justice
Im learning at school to.

Boku no kame no kei wa atama no ue ni arimasu-

My hair is on top of my head.

Not sure why you'd need to say that...
It's actually an example of the fact that with prepositions, the location (on, in, etc.) belongs to what it's localizing to (on my head, atama no ue).

Also, a really basic thing- No is a particle for possession, as you may have guessed, and wa is to identify the subject of a sentence.
I guess when one is speaking they don't say all of this, because it'd be like using essay vocabulary while speaking in english, so i dont really know how to help you alot. 

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Im learning at school to.

Boku no kame no kei wa atama no ue ni arimasu-

My hair is on top of my head.

Not sure why you'd need to say that...
It's actually an example of the fact that with prepositions, the location (on, in, etc.) belongs to what it's localizing to (on my head, atama no ue).
Wao.
Also, a really basic thing- No is a particle for possession, as you may have guessed, and wa is to identify the subject of a sentence.
I guess when one is speaking they don't say all of this, because it'd be like using essay vocabulary while speaking in english, so i dont really know how to help you alot. 
I learned that elsewhere before :P

I am epic, you are not.
Rep:
Level 93
Defender of Justice
oh, well you shoulda mentioned that :P

Also, Kujira is whale. Since it sounds like Godzilla i drew my teacher a picture of a giant whale terrorizing Tokyo.
Fighting a giant turtle.
We were doing animals.
It kicked ass.