RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Method of keeping computer at same speed. Always.

Full Metal Mod - He will pillage your women!
Rep:
Level 93
The RGSS Dude
When you uninstall a program, chances are - even if you have removed it, that the computer is still slow. Computers will general get slower over time, because the removed program will change the registry to what it was before you installed it.

This is an out-of-the-way method for keeping your computer up-to-speed.

# 1 - Install all of your needed programs first. This includes anything needed for school. (Word Pad, Excel, Publisher, etc.)

# 2 - Keep an updated list of what you install, and in what order.

# 3 - When installing video games, try only to have one at a time.

# 4 - Now, if you have to remove something, follow these simple (annoying) instructions -

a.) Backup any files or game saves the program uses on their own disks.
b.) Remove the programs in the reverse order that you installed them in, until you've un-installed the program you wished to un-install. (See the importance of 1,2, & 3 ? )
c.) For ease, re-install the programs you had to un-install in the order you originally installed them, and cross the un-installed program from the list.
d.) Place any files or game saves you backed up into their respective folders.
e.) Cry because of all the work you did just to keep your computer up-to-speed.

Lol, I know that most people won't do this unless they are like, having an affair with their computer, but I just thought I'd throw it out there.
"The wonderful thing about Tiggers
Is Tiggers are wonderful things
Their tops are made out of rubber
Their bottoms are made out of springs

They’re bouncy, trouncy, flouncy, pouncy
Fun, fun, fun, fun, fun!
But the most wonderful thing about Tiggers
Is I’m the only one, I’m the only one."

( ´ิ(ꈊ) ´ิ) ((≡^⚲͜^≡)) (ી(΄◞ิ౪◟ิ‵)ʃ)
Rep:
Level 102
(っ˘ڡ˘ς) ʕ•̼͛͡•ʕ-̺͛͡•ʔ•̮͛͡•ʔ (*ꆤ.̫ꆤ*)
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2011 Most Unsung Member2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
Or you could just use a registry cleaner to remove keys that no longer are used by any program =o
bringing sexy back

You zetta sons of digits.
Rep:
Level 91
SMEEEEE HEEEEEE
roph i <3 you, more for the fact that i never thought of that before  ;9

Resident Cloud
Rep:
Level 91
lots of uninstalling or reinstalling or general file transfers can also cause fragmentation so watch out for that.

Rep:
Level 88
lots of uninstalling or reinstalling or general file transfers can also cause fragmentation so watch out for that.

If you uninstall and install the way Tsunokiette said, it won't cause any fragmentation. But, if you keep doing that, you will gradually reduce your hard disk space as some sectors may burn out or go bad or something like that.
OMG I have bad karma!

Resident Cloud
Rep:
Level 91
meh i have hundreds of programs id rather jsut defrag

Rep:
Level 87
Shazamn bithes
Usefull, but (and I'm sure I'm speaking for many people here) I'd be too lazy to do something like this...
maybee if I get a space age computer, otherwise too much trouble
I'm the pigeon and you're the statue... doesn't take a genius to work out who's been shat on.

Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?
Final Fantasy 7