RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
EW religion topic yes (random question)

HELLS YEAH
Rep:
Level 88
I am catholic
It's quite obvious that the one who asked you this didn't read your posts relevant to Irish republicanism, or he would've known this, eh?

Also by "how about you modern" he was asking the same to Modern Algebra.
Quote from: Elegy
It's fucking sad that you and the cat can't stick to the subject and even attempt to defend your little bullshit religion without jumping to personal attacks, maybe thats because evolution is such a stupid idea it's hard to back it up with any claims pertaining to reality.

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki
From what I remember, Jesus is the human form of god...I think that's how it went.
But his father was supposedly a roman solider.

Rep:
Level 87
From the graves of dead patriots springs a nation
From what I remember, Jesus is the human form of god...I think that's how it went.
But his father was supposedly a roman solider.

jesus human father was a carpenter joseph

Resource Maker
Rep:
Level 91
God embodied himself in Jesus, Christ God on earth... But Jesus self proclaimed himself to be the Son of God, it was his disciples that wrote him as God walking the earth within Jesus.

But I get what your saying Nouman, it does make very little sense... Adam was one of Gods Supposed first creations, and he lived for 800 years or so... Much longer than Jesus, and God watched him for many a year, and had in-depth conversations with him...?

The bible also goes on about how God is in each and every one of us, but we are not God... And we are all children of God and should there by call him Farther...

The bible has many contradictions and odd bits, for the simple reason it's written by many people with many different opinions.

My RMRK Wikki:- http://wiki.rmrk.net/index.php/Landofshadows
Make a Donation for my Resource making:- https://www.paypal.me/landofshadows

Adolf Christ
Rep:
Level 88
Is this the Second Coming, or the Fourth Reich?
But Adam was one of Gods Supposed first creations,

Adam was one of God's last creations.

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
But Adam was one of Gods Supposed first creations,

Adam was one of God's last creations.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure he made people last.

Rep:
Level 87
Well Islam says that if God created Adam with no mother or father, why wouldn't he create Jesus with a mother without a father ? why would ppl assume that Jesus is son of god ?
Quran basically rejects Trinty by all means, it says God is one, and Jesus is just another prophet like any other, and he didn't die..

Adolf Christ
Rep:
Level 88
Is this the Second Coming, or the Fourth Reich?
Well Islam says that if God created Adam with no mother or father, why wouldn't he create Jesus with a mother without a father ? why would ppl assume that Jesus is son of god ?
Quran basically rejects Trinty by all means, it says God is one, and Jesus is just another prophet like any other, and he didn't die..

Thank you. We would be unable to understand Christianity and especially the Trinity without knowing what Islamic scholars think about it.

Rep:
Level 87
Oh come on, Christianity is OBVIOUSLY manipulated, we ALL know that
and frankly, I wouldn't have worshiped god if god can be killed
I'm not saying my beliefs, I'm saying facts

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
Oh come on, Christianity is OBVIOUSLY manipulated, we ALL know that
and frankly, I wouldn't have worshiped god if god can be killed

Okay, where do you want to go with this? I can say "Christians believe this," and you can say "Muslims believe that," all night. What is there to debate?

( ´ิ(ꈊ) ´ิ) ((≡^⚲͜^≡)) (ી(΄◞ิ౪◟ิ‵)ʃ)
Rep:
Level 102
(っ˘ڡ˘ς) ʕ•̼͛͡•ʕ-̺͛͡•ʔ•̮͛͡•ʔ (*ꆤ.̫ꆤ*)
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2011 Most Unsung Member2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
Looks like DDX is one of those people who can clearly see how stupid all the religions are, but has a blind spot towards his own :P
bringing sexy back

Resource Maker
Rep:
Level 91
Yeah, I'm pretty sure he made people last.

So your saying he made nothing after people...?

(He Made Earth and the stars and pretty much every thing else then just stopped after 7 days... LAZY BASTARD..., He is a Bastard he has no Farther, and he is Lazy if your right in saying Adam was his last creation, what has he done for the last 4,000 years?)

So any new creatures we find now he didn't make, and therefore Evolution made them... So why is it not possible that Evolution made pretty much every thing we see now and God had nothing to do with anything....?

You see If I was to follow christianity I would like to think God has moved away from our solar system is working on another planet... But I am not... I find it funny though how bible followers can see that God made every thing in 7 days yet he desided to flood it and destory it in 40... does he like tourturing things ?... He had the power to change it in 7 days really... But did he, nope...!!!

It's all storys and hear say... No religion is correct... Here I can make a religion in the best part of a few days:-

Spoiler for:
More of a mind expanding exercise really... The quickest way to become rich is to make a religion... My RPG Game has it's own religion built into it.

I found it fun, but at the same taxing to think of a new religion.

Here's mine:-

Name:- 8 (Infinite)

Darkness had always been a constant, until Darkness wondered how long he would be alone, and in that thought he created Time, Time and Darkness where alone until Darkness created his opposite light, light being young to the other Gods and full of creative idea's dotted darkness with stars, and once doing this in turn created Earth, Water & Fire... Soon after they created Wind... Time felt left out as he had not created, he decided he would make a start and created zodiac... With the main Gods Time, Darkness & Light, and the demi Gods Earth, Water, Fire and Wind, Zodiac fitted in fairly well keeping the demi gods and time related... Zodiac felt he would create, not Gods or immortals but creatures and life, he choose planets that had many of the demi Gods attributes and started creating.  Soon life continued creating life... The Gods almost being forgotten and seen as nothing more than simple energies felt it was time to sample life and cast parts of them selves into the shape of the most intelligent of creature on the planet, each lead cultures, some worshipped the sun, others darkness...Some favoured the Earth... New races and new idea's grew from this...  The Djinn being the ultimate creation with knowing and acceptance of the Gods was favoured for many years, until they clashed over who's God was the most powerfull, War spread like wild fire, the Gods could only watch as life starting destroying life, displeased they cast the Djinn into another realm free from solid form so they could not bring harm to one another.  After many years the Demi Gods attempted a new breed of the Djinn, one with more heart and love for life, they created Man... Man still had the Djinn's tendencies of self preservation and war did take place, but not on the same scale as those seen as truly evil the Djinn...  The Djinn feeling scorned and jealous of the new race found ways of latching on to weak minded people, people with a slightly higher level of hate in their hearts, to the point they could control their thoughts.  Some of these people would claim to hear voices and undertake the sickest of tasks at the Djinn's bidding.  Should man ever become bitter the Djinn in their billions await to take their souls to the dimension of the Djinn's to become a play thing as they pull it apart in their hatered of Man, and the Gods that loved Man them so much.  As long as you live a life with out hatered an after life in the energy amongst the Gods awaits you in the fabric of time, helping create new life thought the universe.

I guess I have to have some commandments.

1. Treat those how you wish to be treated
2. Try not to hate your fellow Man, as that will lead to the way of the Djinn
3. Respect the creations of the Gods
4. Should you do not follow the scripture Infinite  trust in your self and follow your heart, you need not text to guide you
5. Confront hatered with compassion and understanding, for the Djinn should be respected and feared
6. Do what makes you happy unless it harms others

Most parts I have taken from various religions and the above is just the basic bones of it... But I think it's pretty cool for an RPG game.

Idea Founded by Steve Giles & Pieter Johnson (Game:- Legend of the Fallen)

Communism<3
Rep:
Level 91
So any new creatures we find now he didn't make, and therefore Evolution made them... So why is it not possible that Evolution made pretty much every thing we see now and God had nothing to do with anything....?

Well yes, that is why religion is so flawed, that is why you are an atheist, why are you debating the plausibility of what the bible is referring to ?_?

I really don't get where you're coming from. If you want to debate things that can actually be debated in a scientific relation, like whether Jesus existed or historical accuracies of the bible, then please do, but if you want to debate the meaning or different interpretations and accounts of religions, then;

Quote from: JH
Okay, where do you want to go with this? I can say "Christians believe this," and you can say "Muslims believe that," all night. What is there to debate?

Rep:
Level 87
uh I'm not sure if this is the right topic to say this, but do you seriously think that I would be a Muslim if I didn't see a proof ?
I wouldn't join ANY religion what so ever if I don't see a proof, I was searching for like 1 year, and I search in SCIENTIFIC stuff, and when I mean science I mean science, like Maths, Biology and Geology
anyway, no-one can say Jesus was a lier either, it's just people manipulated the truth, Jesus was a prophet and he said Muhamed was coming and said nothing but the truth, if there's someone to blame , it isn't Jesus, it's the @#$% that came after him

and lol, I don't even have to prove my point, half of the people here know what I said

I'm sorry if that was considered a spam

Resource Maker
Rep:
Level 91
Well yes, that is why religion is so flawed, that is why you are an atheist, why are you debating the plausibility of what the bible is referring to ?_?

I am saying Adam was not the son of God, and showing that Evolution has more chance of being the more plausible chain of events that created man...

different interpretations and accounts of religions

That's the problem the Bible can be interpreted any way the reader See's fit... And the story of Adam and Eve is such a bad one... I mean God Punishes the snake by saying "You shall now crawl on your belly for all your days"... So could the snake fly before that ?...LOL

We all supposedly have God within us, and we all have to reffer to him as Farther... So in a sense we are all his children and all brothers and Sisters... Really it's not much of a question, rather a matter of opinion...

Was Adam Gods first son, Yes... (If you go by the bible and we all being his children, Adam was the first)

Jesus was just the first fruity loop to self proclaim to be the Son of God, as Mary had no answer for her Slappery as to who spawned him.

uh I'm not sure if this is the right topic to say this, but do you seriously think that I would be a Muslim if I didn't see a proof ?
I wouldn't join ANY religion what so ever if I don't see a proof, I was searching for like 1 year, and I search in SCIENTIFIC stuff, and when I mean science I mean science, like Maths, Biology and Geology
anyway, no-one can say Jesus was a lier either, it's just people manipulated the truth, Jesus was a prophet and he said Muhamed was coming and said nothing but the truth, if there's someone to blame , it isn't Jesus, it's the @#$% that came after him

and lol, I don't even have to prove my point, half of the people here know what I said

I'm sorry if that was considered a spam

(Jesus was from Arab lands, and the Muslims would have a better understanding in this matter who Jesus was, as too would the Jew's as Jesus Self proclaimed to be the king of them... Both religions of the area regards Jesus as a Prophet and nothing more... Christians paint Jesus to have had white skin and Blue eye's, this too is a false hood, Jesus would have looked more like an Arab man and had tanned skin and dark eye's, if I had to choose a religion based on plausability I too would go with the Muslim Faith, not the extreamist version though).
« Last Edit: July 30, 2007, 01:07:41 PM by landofshadows »

Communism<3
Rep:
Level 91
Just a side note on Adam; It's a mistranslated word, it's not a name, it simply means "man". When god created 'Adam' he didn't create one man, he created all.

First, what 'proof'?

Second, everyone, in every religion say, know and feel proof in their religion, do you really think that people of other religions don't have the same kind of proof that you have? Do you actually think that deep down inside them they think; "I know that my, non-muslim religion is actually false, but I'm just going to stick with it despite my heavy doubt"?

People of other faiths have the EXACT same belief and conviction in their faith as you do in yours.

This being the case, what makes your supposed "proof" so much better then theirs?

Resource Maker
Rep:
Level 91
All religions have thier good points and bad points, all have major holes and all have good strong basis of faith and respect of others...

I don't think any one religion is BETTER than another or more CORRECT, if anything has a single hole in it, then in my eye's it's WRONG.

The Bible I think has more holes in it than any other as it had so many writters.

I think for a clearer picture of what religion is correct you should look at the Rosetta Stone, look at the languages written upon that, then look into each of their tribes and look at who they worshipped, as being some of the most adavnaced early man to have language on this planet they would have the best idea's as how we all sarted... The estimate on age given to the stone is 305 BC to 30 BC.

Here is what was written:-
Spoiler for:
In the reign of the new king who was Lord of the diadems, great in glory, the stabilizer of Egypt, and also pious in matters relating to the gods, superior to his adversaries, rectifier of the life of men, Lord of the thirty-year periods like Hephaestus the Great, King like the Sun, the Great King of the Upper and Lower Lands, offspring of the Parent-loving Gods, whom Hephaestus has approved, to whom the Sun has given victory, living image of Zeus, Son of the Sun, Ptolemy the ever-living, beloved by Ptah;

In the ninth year, when Aëtus, son of Aëtus, was priest of Alexander and of the Savior Gods and the Brother Gods and the Benefactor Gods and the Parent-loving Gods and the God Manifest and Gracious; Pyrrha, the daughter of Philinius, being athlophorus for Bernice Euergetis; Areia, the daughter of Diogenes, being canephorus for Arsinoë Philadelphus; Irene, the daughter of Ptolemy, being priestess of Arsinoë Philopator: on the fourth of the month Xanicus, or according to the Egyptians the eighteenth of Mecheir.

THE DECREE: The high priests and prophets, and those who enter the inner shrine in order to robe the gods, and those who wear the hawk's wing, and the sacred scribes, and all the other priests who have assembled at Memphis before the king, from the various temples throughout the country, for the feast of his receiving the kingdom, even that of Ptolemy the ever-living, beloved by Ptah, the God Manifest and Gracious, which he received from his Father, being assembled in the temple in Memphis this day, declared:

Since King Ptolemy, the ever-living, beloved by Ptah, the God Manifest and Gracious, the son of King Ptolemy and Queen Arsinoë, the Parent-loving Gods, has done many benefactions to the temples and to those who dwell in them, and also to all those subject to his rule, being from the beginning a god born of a god and a goddess—like Horus, the son of Isis and Osirus, who came to the help of his Father Osirus; being benevolently disposed toward the gods, has concentrated to the temples revenues both of silver and of grain, and has generously undergone many expenses in order to lead Egypt to prosperity and to establish the temples... the gods have rewarded him with health, victory, power, and all other good things, his sovereignty to continue to him and his children forever.[4]

They had many God's... They seem to the first people to have religion documented and recorded, why has their system been forgotten and lost to time...?

I mean Horus was the Son of Isis, and Isis was one of the first Godess's to have mention, Horus was then said to be the Sun God, and many back then saw the Sun as the most powerful thing govening most of world change... Their not far wrong...!!!

Any way all the above is well off topic... All I am trying to get at, as depending on what religon you look at the Son of God Differs Greatly, so why not start with the oldest religion to gain your answers.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2007, 01:26:07 PM by landofshadows »

Ancient Mummy
Rep:
Level 90
Because Adam got old when he had Children so he forgot about his parents,
And jezus fell of the stairs and thought God was his father.
Simple as that

Resource Maker
Rep:
Level 91
And jezus fell of the stairs and thought God was his father.
Simple as that

Jesus was told by Mary (Who legged it from her village to give Birth in a secret location for fear of being stoned to death) that he had no Farther and a Magical Angel came and told her God was to make her pregnant... She felt dirty and wrong so made a story of purity and worth to make Jesus feel better, like any mother would... It could be that Jesus was conceived during a rape of Mary, and Mary had no choice but to flee and concoct a story... I don't know her full reasons, but tell any child that they are born from an angel or a gift from god for long enough they will soon have it in their heads as truth... As your mother to you as a child is God, and who are you to question your own mother at the age and time of Jesus's childhood... Jesus was human, there was nothing saintly about him or his Birth, there is no proof Mary was a Virgin, and nothing to back her story... The bible is based solely on that, her word... The bible starts there, every thing before that is hear say, that written amongst it's pages and delusions from prophets false and elected.

I have read the Bible and the above is the way I interpreted it... I likened it to modern times... and asked why at every chapter... Why did mary flee ?... Why did Mary state she saw an angel ?... Why did Jesus proclaim to be the son of God ?...

All good questions any one with common sense would ask whilst reading such tripe.

Back to Topic:-

Adam
Adam in the terms written in the bible was the first man created by God, we all have God in us and all regarded as his children, so Adam in actual fact was the first child made of God

Jesus
Is more likely to be a Prophet going by the MAJORITY of people within the area he grew up in, a great man who shouldn't have been put to the cross... A Martyr... But by the Bibles writtings by a MINORITY the true son of God or God within a human form.

My opinion
Neither as the Bible is a book written long after Man walked the Earth... And the Universe is Much older than the bible has written... The biggest hole in the Bible is it's time line.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2007, 01:43:53 PM by landofshadows »

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?

umm...

"and he didn't die.."
Islam says he DID die, but not on the cross. He was removed from the cross and taken away, then again taken somewhere else because they feared for his life. He went traveled and eventually died in India. Just too many Muslims don't believe in even that part :P

funny how most (I think every branch except mine) believe Jesus is returning because Mohammad said in dark times of islam a person (promised Messiah) will come after his death and lead the right people....so on so forth and some more text... But he will not be prophet since well of course all Muslims believe Mohammad was the las prophet of god as he claimed and is written in the Quran. So of course I my branch believes Mirza Ghulam Ahmad was that man and he later investigated and came to conclusion the grave in India is that of Jesus.

I wouldn't have worshiped god if god can be killed

:3 you said Jesus did NOT die....

And I still wonder if Jesus himself said trinity or was that added in by someone else?
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun