RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
"Trap" Events

Rep:
Level 88
I'm trying to make a hole that opens and closes automatically.  I have that created.  But I am having trouble figuring out how to program it so that "If Player is on Hole WHEN fully opened, player falls down." 
Old School JRPG action coming soon!  www.ironpawn.com
About me: www.astroth.com

Rep: +0/-0Level 87
I haven't done many things like that but what you need to do is to make sure then when the hole is closed its below hero and you can walk on it, and that you need an On touch event ( Not entirely sure whats its called for me its On Hero Touch) Where a fork condition that if switch- Opened Trap- or whatever you name it- is on then play sound effect falling and teleport where he would fall. Not 100% sure this will work but I'll test it on an RPG and Post back later...
Hey, even Cats like Bleach!

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
You shouldn't waste a good switch just for this. What you should do is that if the hole is closed, it just simply waits and then turns on a self-switch after a certain amount of time. Then, make a second event page working on that self-switch which will work as Ryan1010100 said or however you want it. Oh wait... it can't turn back then. Okay. You should have two variables HeroX and HeroY and if it = the event location, then you should do conditional branches and after, some wait commands and the self switch off. Using two variables is worse than 1 switch but HeroX and HeroY should be put in a game because they have many uses.

Rep: +0/-0Level 87
Ah never though of that Sorry bout the possible waste of a switch ;)
Hey, even Cats like Bleach!

Rep:
Level 88
Thanks a lot!  Using map coordinates was the key. 

Here's what I did, for reference:
Event : Parallel Process (1 page)
Begin Loop
   Change Hole graphic (Make bigger)
   Assign X coordinate
   Assign Y coordinate
   If X = hole coordinate
      If Y = hole coordinate
         Character falls
   Change Hole graphic (Make smaller)
End Loop

There are some Wait times in there too, and when the hole is large, it is better to assign and check the cooridnates multiple times.
Old School JRPG action coming soon!  www.ironpawn.com
About me: www.astroth.com

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
Project of the Month winner for October 2008
Add Resolved on the topic ?
Be kind, everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.