RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Upgrading without messing up Windows Partition

Rise From The Ashes!
Rep:
Level 91
"Time to bring the Law!"
Project of the Month winner for September 2009
Hey, I just need to know, is it possible to upgrade a x64 CPU and change to dual core CPU  with motherboard and video card, while keeping my Windows partition intact?

Rise From The Ashes!
Rep:
Level 91
"Time to bring the Law!"
If you mean just reconnect the components, I know but the last three upgrades, Windows refuses the boot all the way through and normally gives me either a blue screen, or just doesn't respond.

Also, all my componenets come in anti-static bags, so I should be fine about the ESD thing.

( ´ิ(ꈊ) ´ิ) ((≡^⚲͜^≡)) (ી(΄◞ิ౪◟ิ‵)ʃ)
Rep:
Level 102
(っ˘ڡ˘ς) ʕ•̼͛͡•ʕ-̺͛͡•ʔ•̮͛͡•ʔ (*ꆤ.̫ꆤ*)
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2011 Most Unsung Member2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
If you're going to be changing motherboard and cpu. it'd be best to just backup your stuff and format, really.

t least, that's what I've always done to avoid trouble.
bringing sexy back

Resident Cloud
Rep:
Level 91
och i forgot about the bios thats stored on the motherboard.

:( im really paranoid about ESD now since i fried my old computer

Rise From The Ashes!
Rep:
Level 91
"Time to bring the Law!"
If you're going to be changing motherboard and cpu. it'd be best to just backup your stuff and format, really.

t least, that's what I've always done to avoid trouble.

That is a good idea, but I was just trying to see if there is a "lazy guy" way.

Rise From The Ashes!
Rep:
Level 91
"Time to bring the Law!"
Would backing up my "SOFTWARE" Registry file work when re-installing Windows? As in keeping all my software and game registry intact?