RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
"Vista-Only" games cracked to run under XP

( ´ิ(ꈊ) ´ิ) ((≡^⚲͜^≡)) (ી(΄◞ิ౪◟ิ‵)ʃ)
Rep:
Level 102
(っ˘ڡ˘ς) ʕ•̼͛͡•ʕ-̺͛͡•ʔ•̮͛͡•ʔ (*ꆤ.̫ꆤ*)
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Most Unsung Member2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
http://www.next-gen.biz/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=6146&Itemid=2

Hacking group warez has released a patch allowing gamers to run Halo 2 and Shadowrun, both released by Microsoft as Windows Vista-only titles, on the firm’s older Windows XP operating system.

It had been claimed that neither title would be able to run successfully using the older DirectX 9 graphics engine, with Microsoft urging gamers to take the plunge and switch to the Vista.

The news is sure to irk Microsoft who may now face an increased delay in some consumers adopting Vista at this early stage. However, it shouldn’t come as a surprise. Earlier this month Falling Leaf Systems said in a press release that it believed Microsoft was deceiving consumers by stating that the titles would only work on Vista, and announced its intentions to release compatability software to disprove the claim.

“Microsoft has, in typical Microsoft fashion, decided to launch their forced migration onslaught in full force with the release of two games that will only run on Windows Vista,” said Falling Leaf Systems CEO Brian Thomason in the press release.

“First they claim that it was impossible to implement DirectX 10 compatibility atop Windows XP, and now they also want us to believe that they couldn’t successfully launch two DirectX 9 based titles on XP either. We plan to expose both theories as patently false.”

It appears Warez has beaten Falling Leaf to its goal, although Windows Live and in-game achievements are features still only availalbe to Vista gamers.

When you have to download a pirated version just to use the software you've legitimately paid for because of artificial limitations like this, it doesn't exactly install a lot of goodwill in the customer.

If enough of us refuse to buy software, music, or movies from companies that deliberately frustrate their paying customers, then they will either change their strategy or they will deservedly go out of business.
bringing sexy back

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki
Awesome!
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!! REP +
CAN YOU RAISE IT TO REP YOU UP LIKE A THOUSAND TIMES??

Absolutely the one chosen by fadark
Rep:
Level 94
GAAAAAAAAY
Now I just need to find a halo2 download.  I never got have to play online yet...
« Last Edit: June 28, 2007, 02:57:51 AM by biohazard »

Meet me in the middle
Rep:
Level 89
or left of the dial.
For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam botsSecret Santa 2012 Participant
Haha, Microsoft got owned. Stupid fuckers...

I am epic, you are not.
Rep:
Level 93
Defender of Justice
honestly though, it isnt like either game is worth upgrading for....

(or buying)

Rep:
Level 94
GAAAAAAAAY
I'd buy halo 2 for PC, I'm sure it would have a huge community and lots of mods and I would love to play it online.

I am epic, you are not.
Rep:
Level 93
Defender of Justice
perhaps.

but it's generally been accepted as not that great. maybe in a few months though, who knows.

Rep:
Level 94
GAAAAAAAAY
It had the largest online community for an online game for a really long time, didn't it?  I'm sure it would pick up a lot more computer gamers if it went to PC.

Rep:
Level 89
No Cake For you!
Haha, Microsoft got owned. Stupid fuckers...

aw men brother Microsoft deserves to have every pirated game of theres downloaded
 :P i hate microsoft with a passion ..... i still can't believe they put a virus in xp when they first released it :mad:

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki
It had the largest online community for an online game for a really long time, didn't it?  I'm sure it would pick up a lot more computer gamers if it went to PC.

Ummm...WoW is the largest online community. (I think)

I am epic, you are not.
Rep:
Level 93
Defender of Justice
not anymore. I killed them all.

I dont think Microsoft is that bad, they certainly arent great though.

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? The nice kind of alien~
Rep:
Level 92
Martian - Occasionally kind
Halo 2 had the largest online XBox community.
I am not sure it was larger than the counter-strike community.

In some countries you are legally allowed and entitled to circumvent or break copy-right protections or similar limitations of a software product should they alone prevent the use of the product. ^_^

I just laugh as the given situation. I just love the topics Silver brings up <3

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
Awesome!
I wanted to get vista because for halo 2 it said you can build maps only with vista :3
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

I am epic, you are not.
Rep:
Level 93
Defender of Justice
vista is shiney.

i guess linux has alot of stuff developed for it that can mimic the look though...

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
so how is the Shadowrun MMO?

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon