RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Cell Chamber Final Demo Build + Youtube Trailer

Rep:
Level 87
Project of the Month winner for September 2007
Cool... I hope it ca match the sexiness level you envisioned!

Communication begins with understanding
Rep:
Level 89
Project of the Month winner for October 2007
This looks very good. I like the dialog cutscenes.

And also, the menu lookjs awesome. Is it an edited MOG menu you are using?

Rep:
Level 87
The one who shot the sheriff AND the deputy!
Project of the Month winner for June 2008Project of the Month winner for May 2008
Well i'm not finished with the demo yet, but so far it's been really good! But I seem to be stuck at the place where you have to move the boxes. I can't figure out what boxes to put on that platform-thing.
I SUPPORT:

Rep:
Level 87
@ Black Shadow

I hope that means your giving it a go then!  ...And yes, all menus in the game with the exception of the main CMS page are mog menus with custom skins.

@ Sithlord

You still have quite a way to go!  But yes, that is the hardest puzzle in the demo... I don't want to give out answers just yet, but then I don't want people to give up to easily so if you are stuck to the point of  giving up, PM me and I can tell you the solution.  Thanks for playing and your kind words.

Rep:
Level 87
Sorry for the downtime.  The demo has now been ironed for bugs and has been upgraded to version 1.1.  Link where it was originally in the original post.

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
Downloading. Will play soon  ;D

Rep:
Level 90
Skilled Scripter, Shitty Mapper, Decent Writer.
Yey~! A demo! Just finished d/ling it! Definitely going to give it a shot!

Rep:
Level 87
Hope you both enjoy it!  If you have any problems with the puzzles don't hesitate to PM me.

Rep:
Level 90
Skilled Scripter, Shitty Mapper, Decent Writer.
I've finally got to play it and I must say it's done very well. The opening you made is the best I've seen in a long time. I'm also interested to see how Nico will play a role. "Most guys would kill to be in your position right now!" That was great. ;P The whole "Koen" thing is starting to intrigue me as well. ^-^ The first puzzle kept me busy for a little as well. On top of that, the music you've chosen suits the situations very well and I love your sense of humour with some of the NPCs in the mining town! Arshes in a corner drunk and mumbling was great! Not to mention the man not too far from him scoffing at the elemental crystal cliche! Intriguing story and funny dialog. I haven't played through the entire demo but I'm liking it a lot so far. I'm really looking forward to seeing what you have in store for us! Please tell me that we get to play around with the battle system some?

EDIT:I just got to the battles! Wooo...Combo Shot requires button input to land a hit! I wonder if all of Koen's gun skills will be like that? I think I'ma be spending a little time in these caverns so I can buy some things I had seen before. ^-^

EDIT#2:I just finished the demo and man, that boss has some serious hp! The battles were awesome! Enemies on the map that respawn after a little time was a good idea. It removes the tediousness of random battles and allows the player to try and evade battles if they're just trying to get somewhere. The mine cart puzzle took a little bit of time but it was kinda fun riding around like that.  I enjoyed the demo and can't wait to see the rest!

End Demo stats:

Total time played: 4:28

Koen lvl 8-lvl9 after boss
Niko lvl 8-lvl9 after boss
« Last Edit: August 02, 2007, 09:58:11 PM by Shinami »

Rep:
Level 87
Wow Shinami, thanks for playing.  4:28, looks like you got stuck right into all there was too explore!  I am also glad you enjoyed the battles, others have said it is a weak point of the game, and they will definitely be getting even better in the future. 

It would be interesting to know how many secrets you found in the demo, you can acquire a weapon from Rubel, collect about 7-8 Collector Cards and also there is a Crazy hidden chest in the mines.  I won't add anymore than that because I don't want spoilers in the thread!

Has anyone else tried it out yet?  I'd like to hear your thoughts!

Rep:
Level 86
I cherish every holiday to sleep more~

Has anyone else tried it out yet?  I'd like to hear your thoughts!

Me!!!*raise hand* I just saw your awesome screenshots and rush to download it!!
Opening....awesome! It's like watching a movie!
Maps....awesome! The best mapping I've ever seen...wish I could do the maps like that+_+
Musics&Sound effects...awesome!! Really suits the atmosphere!!
Storyline...cool! but I just start it not so farXD
Everything is outstanding...great works!!!

I really wanna know how did you do all that mapping effect! Especially the shadows of the character when under moonlight! The shading and everything...it's just professional!!!And the unique menu, is that RGSS?@_@

。Mappers and sprites needed. o(v.v)o

Rep:
Level 89
Sexy..
Am sorry I have not replayed sooner, I’ve been busy the past 3 days.
I just got to the part where you are allowed access in the mines in about 1 hour and 46 min game play.

Let me tell you this…..
ITS SO DAMN SEXY!!!!
You don’t fell like the game has been rushed, it seems like it was carefully planned and the story just sinks in.
As for the game play, it’s amazing and has well thought out Puzzles. Like the crates. Although I figured it out pretty quickly. (Went and got my calculator and started to add up the units.).
The battle system is sweet and sexy although I found the animations kind of rough.

Also the drunken Arshes reminds of a game a played before which made me laugh my balls off.

I will give ya a sexy scale rating when I complete the demo.

100% sexy.

Rep:
Level 87
Right... you two can be my spokesmen lol.  Fellow forum members, listen to these ^^^ words!  :D

@ yukihime - The shadows is an RGSS script by Rataime called Dynamic Shadows I think.  He currently just updated it, past the one I use.  I'm sure you can find it an .or gwith no problems, and yes the menu is in RGSS.

@ Azark - No worries about being busy, I was just asking in general!  First I have heard about the battle animations being rough, but hey, thats the best I can get into 4 frames of animation!

Rep:
Level 87
ohheythar :O
Awesome...
All I can say ROFL!

Rep:
Level 87
Awesome...
All I can say ROFL!

Do you mean to say you have played it and think it's awesome, or you just think it looks awesome?

pokeball QigOffline
Rep:
Level 87
Downloading, Will play and post comments later\tomarrow
Working on world of sorrow again.

Rep:
Level 87
OK then, sounds good!  Feedback has dried up a bit everywhere recently and I do really value EVERYONES opinions, I have 160 downloads so there must be some more opinions out there!

Rep:
Level 87
Feedback / opinions on this are beginning to dry up already so I have already started on improving upon the demo.

Does anybody else have anymore to add with their opinions?  Now would be a good time as I am rewriting parts of the demo.

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
So far I am hpaapy with it. As I mentioned on rmrevolution, I get a lot of lag in the manor, but so far it's been good outside of that, I'm pretty happy with the demo.

Rep:
Level 87
That could help me actually.  Can you name the specific rooms/maps in which the lag occurs, what spec your PC is running roughly and is that you playing with all other applications closed such as internet explorer / msn, that can cause far worse lag.

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
2014 Funniest MemberParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
I don't have RTP so I can't try the demo yet, but I will say that this is one of the best organized threads for an RPG Maker project I've seen here in a long while.

Rep:
Level 86
ok...i have one simple opnion....
i think the needs to be more clues in the game XD
my friend says he was stuck in the house (the beginnig one) for almost one hour@_@
Actually I was stucked there for a while too....LOL(I'm suck at finding clues...)
and the are some rooms too dark to spot items or hideouts although the scenes are nice

Rep:
Level 87
@ Zypher - The RTP is a free download, it costs nothing to have! http://www.enterbrain.co.jp/tkool/RPG_XP/eng/download.html

@ Yukihime - That's something that's a bit hard to deal with for me.  I actually haven't had any complaints yet about the darkness of the manor, perhaps your screen is set to be a little too dark?  And as for clues, I will be making the "putting the fire out" more intuitive, but the box puzzle, the door switches and the code are all pretty self explanatory in my eyes.  I am not making the game to be easy!

What I will do in time is make a full walkthrough so everyone who likes puzzles can do them and everyone who doesn't can just use the walkthrough.

However, just fyi the host has maxed out its bandwidth so we are having to fix that - meaning the download is temporarily down.

Rep:
Level 86

Well maybe it sure is my screen problem
Seems like it's going to be a tricky game XD(at least to me)
I did put the fire out...but what comes next..?..Fine, I'll try search it myself.

Rep:
Level 87
That depends where you are AFTER the fire... the rest of the game is AFTER the fire!  :P

Just ask if you need help, like I said there are people that want to do it and people that would rather not.