RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Cell Chamber Final Demo Build + Youtube Trailer

Rep:
Level 87
love it.  Icons are cool too, are these all original works? (I dont use other peoples stuff so Im unsure if these are or not).  Looks very good, all pretty good ideas

The song stuck in my head this week is: Aerosmith - Dream On

Rep:
Level 87
Just Helping.. And Getting Drunk :P
This game is looking so ********** good, i almost cant believe its made with the same program i made my game with...
*Crawls away in a corner to be ashamed*

And My Game Too When It Ever Finishes :P
Martynator and 24 Sneaky Snoopers are viewing this board.
Why don't they join then? :lol:

Rep:
Level 87
Project of the Month winner for September 2007
Reddawg - When you say are these all original works, do you mean specifically the icons?  Some of the skill icons are original, but not the weapon and armout icons.  There are avrious other resources and features that are original though.

Martynator - Thanks! This is my first ever game with a game maker program so hopefully I can only get better in the future.  I have a few smaller side projects in my head too that I may work on soon.

Rep:
Level 87
I meant generally, but still that's some pimpin' shit (that's a good thing)

The song stuck in my head this week is: Aerosmith - Dream On

Rep:
Level 87
Well in that case, glad you approve!

Look our for the extensive demo release of this soon - I'm hoping sometime in the next 7 days.  It's been over a year for the project now so it feels like a big occasion for me!

Rep:
Level 88
Menu & Battle System Guru
luvin' the bevels man ;) the dumbasses over at Gaming World gave me a bunch of shit for using them. Your menus look professional, nice job!

Rep:
Level 87
Ahh yes, my game has recieved a lot of shit there too from a few members but on the whole it has been positive.  For example, all the "elite" really hate any kind of overlay / fog on the maps, and I use it in abundance, but you just have to brush the negative aside and use it to your advantage.  Looking back now, some of them who said the fogs looked bad were right in places, so I improved on them more so and now they look great!

Rep:
Level 88
PSP
I like the tile set  :tpg:

Rep:
Level 88
Menu & Battle System Guru
That's why I said to hell with the place. It's just a bunch of rm2k users who shit on rmxp because they lack the work ethic and knowledge that XP's RGSS requires. Besides all the feedback is a bunch of garbage. Anyway the features and gameplay elements sound like you've put both time and effort into your project.

P.S. Check your PMs

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
Wow, this looks great. I love the screenshots and can't wait for the demo. I bow down before you, great master  ;8

Seriously though, great work.

Rep:
Level 88
The custom things on those menus make it hard, but I noticed its mog menu :)

But I like the menu anyway :P

Rep:
Level 87
Oh yeah, the scripting is done by mog, and the skin is by me.  I thought I had stated that but obviously I hadn't.  I can't script whatsoever.

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member

I can try and help you with scripting. I am not the best, but unless it is something massively complicated I can almost certainly get it done. Here is an example: Advanced Skill Options

There are a couple more in the database and I have another Inventory script which I will probably release within the next week.

Rep:
Level 87
That's a kind offer Moden Algebra. 

However, I musat say at this stage, now that I have many a thing working in unison I can't actually think up many things that I need that are new, only thins that ARE very complex.  Instead, the trouble I am having at the moment - scriptwise is getting some of the scripts working in the game without script errors occurring.

For example I need Sephirth Spawns Skill shop quite alot, though i can't seem to get that running, it may be an SDK issue I don;t know.

Rep:
Level 97
Well, it can be hard to deal with multiple scripts, but send me the Skill Shop script and I will see if I can work it out. Generally, incompatibility issues occur when one script (or both) alters a default class that the other relies on, so I will see what default scripts that one modifies or relies on, and I will try to make it independent, i.e. alter it so that it no longer relies on any default classes. If it is too integrated into the default scripts, then I may just write the script from scratch with the same layout and options in order to decrease dependency (with credit to SephirothSpawn of course)>

Either way, you can PM me the script and send the SDK too. I can try to work it out.

Rep:
Level 87
Sorry MA, I've been very busy the past week, haven't had the time to do much rmxp related at all.  Someone else has been taking a look at the skill shop for me in fact from quite a few weeks ago, though I don't know if they resolved it.  They are effectively my full time scripter, though I don't know if he can do it or if he still wants to, when I speak to him I'll let you know.  Thanks Again.

In other news, I've been fine tuning a lot but my promise of a demo always seems sliding away down the calendar.  I assure you I could release it now and it would still be fun!  BUT... I'll release it when it's perfectly polished.  I'm very much determined to get it out before the turn of the month though.

What Have I been Doing?

Scrapped my old long and irrelevant intro for a simple, tidy credits roll.
Redis the in-game tutorials
Removed much monologue to prevent irritation!
Reworked and clarified some puzzles
Added features to, and dropped the difficulty of the stealth mini sections.
Redone some Party members sprites as well as some sprite animations.

Rep:
Level 97
Alright, well I'm here if you need me.

@the rest of the stuff

Nice, I'm even more excited about the demo now. Good luck. I know it's going to be great.

Rep:
Level 90
Skilled Scripter, Shitty Mapper, Decent Writer.
I can't wait to see the demo. It's not often I'm excited about a game but this definitely has my interest and I will be checking back for updates.

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki
Wow, this looks really cool!

Rep:
Level 87
Thankyou Shinami and SJR!  I know I say this way too much but I am very close now!

Continuing on the list of progress:

Populated the Main town within the demo

Added Shops to the town

Created a Skin for a new Custom Shop Scene

Created a Skin for a new Save/Load Scene

Finalizing a mini game to be played within the town

Rethought the icons to make them all consistent with one another.

Added new weapons, armor and clothing available in the demo

Added a secret side quest within the town.

Touched up the title screen to stay consistent with the overall look.

Look forward to more very soon!

« Last Edit: July 26, 2007, 02:27:18 PM by Calibre »

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
Project of the Month winner for October 2008
Wow that looks awesome.
Can you show me some of your battle sheets ?
Be kind, everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

Rep:
Level 89
Sexy..
You know whats freaky, i was doing the same thing on my game a while ago.....spooky yet sexy.

Anyhow i have taking time to analyze your game, and i mean allot of time.

It's just really really really sexy!!!

I can see the hard work placed into this game.

I give 10/10 on the sexy scale.

Looking forward for the demo!!

100% sexy.

Rep:
Level 87
Levanthan - They are just the sprites from Crimson Penguins site repositioned to fit with rmxp via Animated Battlers script!

Azark - Thanks... make sure you guys analyze the actual demos sexiness when it rears its beautiful head in say... about 2 - 3 days!

Rep:
Level 87
As promised... finally this time the demo is here!  It's about 3 hours long... more if you explore (or get owned on a puzzle) and has a quick download from the dedicated host!  Tell me all you can about it, I've worked so long to get the darn thing out!  Feedback, Loves, hates, flames whatever you fancy... just make sure you give it a go!

Peace Out.

Rep:
Level 89
Sexy..
Sexy, i just started to download it.

Now i can give it a proper sexy scale ranking!!

100% sexy.