RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Religion.

MANMACHINE
Rep:
Level 91
God of Dicks
I agree with the tree.

Communism<3
Rep:
Level 91
Saucy:

I think what Holkeye was talking about was that every time someone even so much as mentions religion, you immediately find out what their beliefs are and ritualistically assault them, berate them, and attack their own beliefs.

Why does it bother you so much? Are you trying to save us from being wrong about God, or something? Looking for more people to believe in what you believe, so you don't feel so alone?

At times, I think you're about as annoying as any other Jesus freak that comes trying to persuade us to believe in his savior. Just as pushy. Just as irritating. Just as annoying.

Give it a rest.

You mean pushing my thought that there is no personal-god in a topic designed exactly for that? That's what this topics about, no?

I rarely do that outside of the debate section, and I do it there because the lack of god is the most likely correct choice and a personal god is an impossibility.

Rep:
Level 96
2010 Most Attractive Male Member2010 Best Musician
You're still ridiculously overzealous about it.

Give. It. A. Rest.

And I thought this topic was "what religion are you," not "what religion should you be."

Don't take that last part too seriously, I was being facetious.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2007, 06:12:35 AM by Ryan »

:tinysmile::tinysmile:

Communism<3
Rep:
Level 91
You're still ridiculously overzealous about it.

Alright, yes I am.

Give. It. A. Rest.

And I thought this topic was "what religion are you," not "what religion should you be."

Also in this thread I intend on ripping apart your silly arguments for why you believe in God

It's an illegal debate topic so it was put in general chat. {Besides, atheism isn't a religion.} [edit] Wrote this before I saw you're edit.

HELLS YEAH
Rep:
Level 88
Stop bitching at each other children.
Let's get back to religion.
Quote from: Elegy
It's fucking sad that you and the cat can't stick to the subject and even attempt to defend your little bullshit religion without jumping to personal attacks, maybe thats because evolution is such a stupid idea it's hard to back it up with any claims pertaining to reality.

Rep:
Level 96
lol @ you being 12 hours late

Rep:
Level 87
I was raised in a very moderate Chrisitan setting, but thankfully, I rarely had to waste my time attending church.  Around the time I entered Middle School, I began to really question my religious beliefs.  But, I was still very young, and at the time I did nothing about it.

I was in high school when I realized how much of an impact religion has on society, so I really began to study Christianity, as well as many other religions.  I found them to be ridiculously flawed and socially corrupted.  The more I looked into it, the more unappealing it became.

Even though I realized that existing religions aren't for me, that didn't necessarily rule out the existence of a God.  Around the time I graduated high school, I became very interested in science.  Since then, I've studied it fairly extensively, and begun taking courses in college relating to religion and humanity.

Today, I am an atheist, and proud.

HELLS YEAH
Rep:
Level 88
lol @ forums not being real-time
It's fucking sad that you and the cat can't stick to the subject and even attempt to defend your little bullshit religion without jumping to personal attacks, maybe thats because evolution is such a stupid idea it's hard to back it up with any claims pertaining to reality.

Rep:
Level 96
Indeed, it is funny when people stop arguing and there's a 12 hour silence, and THEN someone comes in and is all WOAH GUYS CALM DOWN JESUS CHRIST, lol.

( ´ิ(ꈊ) ´ิ) ((≡^⚲͜^≡)) (ી(΄◞ิ౪◟ิ‵)ʃ)
Rep:
Level 102
(っ˘ڡ˘ς) ʕ•̼͛͡•ʕ-̺͛͡•ʔ•̮͛͡•ʔ (*ꆤ.̫ꆤ*)
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2011 Most Unsung Member2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
Oh you two ~
bringing sexy back

HELLS YEAH
Rep:
Level 88
Whooooooooosh.

Rep:
Level 87
The Booka is coming!
When I was young my parents always tried forcing me to church so I would go and sit there wasting my time.  Then I made the mistake of actually opening the bible and reading it from page one.  Wow didn't think I would laugh before the first page was even done.  I've seen enough evidence to not even believe in their god so i guess you could say I'm an Atheist but the thing is, I also don't give a shit about the others, so I guess I'm kind of Agnostic

funny story though, I see millions of people praying and not getting shit, then me, the non Christian sends out a prayer to Mother Gaia and BAM my prayer actually came true  ;D

Edit: akk almost forgot to put it in yellow, also, I'm going to bed for now
« Last Edit: May 30, 2007, 12:37:23 PM by Crested_Booka »
"What ever happened to the good ol' days of going through a hell hole to get to the boss, barely survive fighting the boss, and then die trying to get out?"

Me=Not a Pervert. Purity is wackable. ALL anime girls are 18.  Ok, so 9 and 9 make 18

Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?
Final Fantasy 7

HELLS YEAH
Rep:
Level 88
Edit: akk almost forgot to put it in yellow, also, I'm going to bed for now
I really wish you hadn't remembered.

FURRY 4 LIFE. Here kitty kitty kitty....
Rep:
Level 87
Then I made the mistake of actually opening the bible and reading it from page one.

you actaully managed to read the whole thing? i can get into almost any book as long as its written well no matter what its about. but the bible was so incredibly boring i got to about page 10 and decided to stop (fell asleep would be more accurate)
"screaming out the mating call. i've become the lord of love"

caramelldansen forever!

Rep:
Level 87
The Booka is coming!
Then I made the mistake of actually opening the bible and reading it from page one.

you actually managed to read the whole thing? i can get into almost any book as long as its written well no matter what its about. but the bible was so incredibly boring i got to about page 10 and decided to stop (fell asleep would be more accurate)

No, no I didn't read the whole thing, I read all of Genesis and then my parents finally realized that I didn't want to go to church (I'm surprised it took them that long to figure it out considering I was fighting them about it every Sunday)

I reread what I said and how I said it does seem like i read the whole thing.

I dont remember exactly but I know theres a part somewhere in the bible where Jesus walks up to a fig tree when it is not fig season and he demands a fig.  But because its not fig season it doesn't give it to him and he gets pissed and destroys the tree...
damn I wish I could remember what part that was.  I'll look for it but first I have to go to class
"What ever happened to the good ol' days of going through a hell hole to get to the boss, barely survive fighting the boss, and then die trying to get out?"

Me=Not a Pervert. Purity is wackable. ALL anime girls are 18.  Ok, so 9 and 9 make 18

Final Fantasy 7

Rep:
Level 87
I dont remember exactly but I know theres a part somewhere in the bible where Jesus walks up to a fig tree when it is not fig season and he demands a fig.  But because its not fig season it doesn't give it to him and he gets pissed and destroys the tree...
damn I wish I could remember what part that was.  I'll look for it but first I have to go to class

Are you serious?  I don't know if that's entirely accurate or not, but that's still fucking hilarious!  I can see that whole scene playing out in my head, and it's in anime...because anime Jesus is way funnier than regular Jesus.

HELLS YEAH
Rep:
Level 88
As I recall it's in Matthew or Luke, but I'm not sure.

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Best Use Of Avatar And Signature Space
Both Mark and Matthew, actually. Due to it's closeness to the incident with the money lenders in the temple, it is generally believed to be a metaphor for the Jewish faith. It's kind of a strange story.

The fig tree is all over the gospels though.

Rep:
Level 87
The Booka is coming!
found it.  (ended up typing in Jesus vs the fig tree to help me find it since I had just finished slow scanning all of Luke and not finding it)

It was a curse actually, and it withers by the next day due to his curse

Mark: 11:12-14

The next day as they were leaving Bethany, Jesus was hungry. Seeing in the distance a fig tree in leaf, he went to find out if it had any fruit. When he reached it, he found nothing but leaves, because it was not the season for figs.  Then he said to the tree, "May no one ever eat fruit from you again."  And his disciples heard him say it.

I know, I didn't type up the next section that it might symbolize but thats a lot of typing ><

Final Fantasy 7

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
I think that you can draw meaning from just about anything if you try hard enough. Isn't there an old saying that goes something like: "If you look for something hard enough, you're sure to find it"? The most important bible lesson that I can remember is the one about the talents. I learned this story when I was 7 or 8, so I took "talents" to mean just that, rather than money as it was supposed to. I took from this that if there is a god, he wants you to nurture and cultivate the things that you are good at. A lot of the bible is meant to be taken with a grain of salt, and I think as with most things, the more literally it is taken, the farther from the lessons you get. Just as in song lyrics and poetry, you automatically insert yourself into the equation, so everyone has a different view. This is all probably pretty obvious to most of you, but my point is:

Why do people worry so much about what other people believe in if they're doing no harm to you?