RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
How do i make a horror game?

Rep:
Level 91
Blah blah blah...
Project of the Month winner for November 2008
Well you could use RTP everything and it will still be scary. For example here's a nice short game you can try so you can get an idea of what a RMXP horror game might look like.

http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,15538.0.html

- -

Rep:
Level 87
yeh search for thomas scared the hell out of me the game over music *shudders*

But i was thinking of a mansion type horror

Rep:
Level 87
LOSER
Alright cool should be pretty easy to make a game like that with a mansion.(very)

Rep:
Level 89
Let's attack agressively.
Hmm.......horror game? I could help you.

1. Find some very scary sound (like the ReDead from Ocarina of Time)
2. Find Pictures (Creepy monster, Zombies, ect.)

First, make a scary-looking place, then when you enter it or outside, change the Screen Tone to like 50% (on each).
Next make an event, make it Parrarel Process (inside the scary-looking place), there add the sounds you found. Put the command wait after that.
Next, on the same event (if you want), add Lightning effects, to do that you could:
 a. Add very loud sound of thunders
 b. Flash the screen white for 0.2 sec.
 c. both

Well thats the basic so later ill post the actual command for it (Just tired today)

Also, how can you take a screenshot? Like some do? so it would be easier and show you how it will work on the game.

<3
Rep:
Level 90
My tips are...

Use dark colours

Sudden loud noises

Always tint the screen

Advise players to play at night time

Run away "mini games"

and last but not least like what everyone said, MUSIC IS THE KEY!

~Winged

Rep:
Level 89
Let's attack agressively.
My tips are...

Use dark colours

Sudden loud noises

Always tint the screen

Advise players to play at night time

Run away "mini games"

and last but not least like what everyone said, MUSIC IS THE KEY!

~Winged

thats right! don't forget to add zombies and/or just put a picture that pops out of nowhere with a scary-looking monster.