RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
The Search for Thomas

Rep:
Level 87
Project of the Month winner for January 2008Project of the Month winner for July 2007
The Search for Thomas

This game was a result of a small break from my main project "The Healer". It's a full, short game that utilizes mostly rtp graphics.

~Thanks Reives for asking me to post this here.~

Story
Thomas?...Thomas!
Where are you?...

A young girl awakens in a small, dark room. She knows only one thing...she must find Thomas.

Characters
Meggie
The main protagonist.

Thomas
A young boy who is supposedly missing.

Features
  • No battles. That's right. You must avoid monsters and animals in order to survive.
  • Health bar. Keep track of Meggie's health via the on-screen health bar.
  • No magic, experience or gold. It's not about leveling up, it's about surviving.

Screens

Uh Oh. Maybe it's the other switch. Wait! What other switch?

So...do you come here often?

Hmm...maybe I should check out that shiny thing.

Credits
Enterbrain, of course...

Graphics
Zany Zora
Whitecat
Crimson Lotus

Audio
Hannya
TAM Music Factory
Vincente Molina Alonso
A1 Radio Sounds
Sounddogs

Scripts
Ccoa
Yeyinde
DerVVulfman
Selwyn

Some Comments
"Spectacular and creepy. Loved it." - Bogus

"Really fun. I loved the atmosphere of it." - Roman Candle

"Nice game, simple and fun, has a good atmosphere and all the potential to become a horror series." - Avadan

"That was pretty fun alexia, nothing too taxing, but made me feel like I was playing resident evil rtp." - Calibre

"Simplistic yet awesome, enjoyed it a lot. The game over music creeps the hell outta me; so I tried my hardest not to die." - Reives

Download Full Game Here
« Last Edit: August 01, 2007, 11:38:29 PM by Arrow-1 »

Thanks, Lunarea!

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
Added to Finished Project Index. I like the concept of avoiding enemies rather than fighting them. It looks like it will be quite enjoyable.

If Ham didn't taste like Ham, I would hope it tasted like turkey
Rep:
Level 88
>:O
This sounds awesome.  I'm definitely going to have to give it a try.  Good work.

Rep:
Level 89
2012 Best RPG Maker User (Story)Project of the Month winner for July 2008Project of the Month winner for May 20072011 Best RPG Maker User (Story)2011 Project of the Year2011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
An eye opener for what can be made with such limited resource. Not many other RMXP games are made in this style, very refreshing.  :)

P.S. Don't be fooled by the screenshots if they seem a little dull. Try it.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2007, 03:30:59 PM by Reives »

If Ham didn't taste like Ham, I would hope it tasted like turkey
Rep:
Level 88
>:O
That was awesome.  I loved the music, and the ending was great.  Nice work. :D

Rep:
Level 87
I dont think there is need to say much about it. It's just a beautifull mistery surviver. I especialy like the sounds and music  :o

Rep:
Level 88
Where IS he hiding the knife...?
Project of the Month winner for February 2010Project of the Month winner for August 2007
Ho ho! I never got to see this one. :)

I'm going to give this a try tonight and I'll update, but it looks like a very interesting premise!
« Last Edit: April 19, 2007, 02:09:34 AM by Anaryu »

Rep:
Level 89
2012 Best RPG Maker User (Story)Project of the Month winner for July 2008Project of the Month winner for May 20072011 Best RPG Maker User (Story)2011 Project of the Year2011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
I'm going to give this a try tonight and I'll update, but it looks like a very interesting premise!
Try it in the day, not at night. ;)

Rep:
Level 87
Project of the Month winner for June 2007
Anaryu, you do know that .ORG people come here too right? It's not supposed to be known as the GA test.

And, Alexia, this is wonderful.  If anyone reading this hasn't played it yet, you had better.

Rep:
Level 90
aww I am not able to play it. The Text is not showing for me.
Very original however, I like idea's like games like this to.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2007, 06:14:19 PM by eternal_renegade »

Rep:
Level 87
that game over screen is FREAKY!!!

Shooting for the "MEMBER MODERATOR OF THE YEAR 2007" Award
Rep:
Level 89
Hi, there.
Part of the game i liked: Read on if you want:

Spoiler for:
LOL, I loved the seen where you go downstairs and you hear Thomas, then you go down a litl emore and a kid runs out of no where. Classic horror film/game sequence. Good job on the game. I couldnt figure out what to do when you sacrifice the liquor, some creepy little girl just came out, chased me slowly, and "touched" me, then game over. Freaked me out, I thought I had to talk to her.
Sig by MacGravel

Rep:
Level 88
Wow, this was awesome. Apart from being extremely short you told a great story and make me jump whilst playing the game. Played at 4 AM, with the lights off doors shut. Now hear this... when I was playing it and the power went out the door to this room creaked open. Of course I was freaked out for godsakes.

You should make more horror games, possibly a series and make them longer with save points every half hour or so. Really depends what you want. Enjoyed playing. =]

Rep:
Level 89
Hi, there.
You know whats odd though, Alexia only posted this game and never posted again. Unless "Search for Thomas" was made by another member who just made a new account, I dont think Alexia is coming back.
Sig by MacGravel

Rep:
Level 87
Maybe, but if you look at her profile you'll see that she was last active on the 26th.
She may not post.... But she's watching us  :o

Rep:
Level 89
Hi, there.
Thats kinda creepy lol. O well, its her choice.

If you are reading this Alexia... Great game, props to you for making it. It is one of a kind.
Sig by MacGravel

Rep:
Level 89
This isn't Alexia's home forum. I just asked her to come and post this here since it is an unique game that deserves to be noticed.  :)
« Last Edit: April 29, 2007, 02:15:33 AM by Reives »

Rep:
Level 87
Project of the Month winner for January 2008Project of the Month winner for July 2007
Thank you all for playing. I do check back here every once in a while and sorry for not posting sooner.

@eternal_renegade: The text is Verdana. Here is the link to download the font. Once you download it, extract the file and copy it to your fonts folder which should install it onto your computer.

http://www.box.net/shared/b9y6ztlc3j

@ChaosSpartan28:
Spoiler for About the liquor:
After you set the bottle, press the action button again to light it on fire. And try your best to stay away from the ghost.

If you liked this game, check out my main project, "The Healer." It's not the same genre, however, but you might enjoy it.

http://www.hbgames.org/forums/showthread.php?t=11132

Thanks again, everyone. Not sure if there will be a sequel, but you never know.

**EDIT** New Difficult Version Below
Can't get enough of Thomas? Well, I created a difficult version of the game. It has the same plot and puzzles, but no potions, less HP, more rats but less rodent spray, and much more (or less, in this case). I died a couple of times and I had to save often in order to beat the game. Think you have what it takes to survive? Download the difficult version and try!

Download Difficult Version Here

**Even though there are no potions, your HP will regenerate but very slowly.

« Last Edit: April 29, 2007, 10:38:32 AM by alexia »

Thanks, Lunarea!

Rep:
Level 87
wow what an ending wasnt expecting that

Rep:
Level 88
OVER 9000!!!!!!!!!!
So many interesting sounding games! I need to get a better RPG maker >_<
Signature goes here

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
gratz on POTM
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? The nice kind of alien~
Rep:
Level 92
Martian - Occasionally kind

Rep:
Level 87
Thanks everyone for playing. It is short but hopefully you'll find it enjoyable, despite its length.

Thanks, Lunarea!