RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Turkey.

HELLS YEAH
Rep:
Level 88
Turkey, as many of you know, is currently hoping to join the EU. Should it, or should it not? I'm unopinionated, as I'm not exactly in favour of the EU in the first place but I'll dismiss that for the sake of argument. There are many reasons for and against the inception of Turkey into the union. They range from cultural to political to religious to economic reasons, and I'd like to hear some of your opinions.
Quote from: Elegy
It's fucking sad that you and the cat can't stick to the subject and even attempt to defend your little bullshit religion without jumping to personal attacks, maybe thats because evolution is such a stupid idea it's hard to back it up with any claims pertaining to reality.

Communication begins with understanding
Rep:
Level 89
Project of the Month winner for October 2007
Since more of the half country is in Asia, I don't think Turkey should join EU.

And also, since they can't solve the curd problem, because they must solve that problem to join EU, I think they don't deserve it.

Resource Maker
Rep:
Level 91
My only worry being that I live in an overly crowed England as it is the influx of Turkish people could mean yet another a forign language I will hear on our streets...

England at the moment is like some thing out of Star trek... you go into town and you don't hear hardly any conversations in the native tounge... It's well odd... And every one seems to be clicky with their own, but the Natives (Us Born in England) have to be fully open to all, else we get branded some thing we are not...

At the moment I feel like a 6th rate citerzen or some thing... All other EU memebers are first in the que for every thing before me...

1. Jobs (We have to employee by law a certain forgin mix)
2. Housing (Forign migrants get awarded extra points)
3. Benefits (Forign people get food stamps)
4. Clothing (Forign people get a clothing grant)

I am not sure why this is... But I do know that this influx is causing many natives to move abroad, to Austriallia and New Zealand (Mainly)... or the South of France...

I think should this continue... and England slowly go to pot then I to will leave... I mean things that are happening now that didn't used to:-

1. House prices trippling in the space of 5 years.
2. NHS Services being closed or other stressed.
3. Scams and fraud being riffe.
4. Prositution rise, and child and people trafficing rising.
5. Gun and Stabbing crimes rising.
6. Energy costs rising and resources dropping.

It seems the best place to be in the EU is England... and many will flock here... if the same figures come in as the did from Poland I think this country will be stretched to much.

Also the more countries that join the more of the chance that we will see the EU become the United States of Europe or some thing...LOL

USE... imagine that... I wonder what will happen to the Queen and the Royals should that happen ?... If they fall, will we loose all that's English ?... Not Sure... But there are no real English Gents in England any more... Most have moved abroad.

My RMRK Wikki:- http://wiki.rmrk.net/index.php/Landofshadows
Make a Donation for my Resource making:- https://www.paypal.me/landofshadows

Mne eto nado kak zuby v zadnitse.
Rep:
Level 89
U H N
2012 Most Attractive Female Member^_________________^f*ck u >:(LO !!
Only what? 3 or 5% of Turkey is actually IN Europe. And how much will it cost them to change as much as they need to join, with all the social/economic reform they'd need? Doesn't seem like a good idea. I've also never been much on the EU, either.
an6uof hw to aLeme ozle we I

moew
Rep:
Level 91
Queen Princess
2013 Most Missed Member2012 Most Missed Member;o hee hee <3For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki
Turkey ahould think twice; it's not all that great to be part of EU. As a matter of fact, us average people can only feel the backaches of being part of it.
:taco: :taco: :taco:

HELLS YEAH
Rep:
Level 88
I forgot to address this, seeing as I hadn't been on this forum in a while I've become unused to this sort of retarded quibble- the EU isn't so much about geographical Europe (the extent of which is debateable anyways) but geopolitical Europe, which can overlap continental boundaries easily. North Africa is very much geopolitically part of Europe (although also part of Islamic civilisation), as is Turkey.

England at the moment is like some thing out of Star trek... you go into town and you don't hear hardly any conversations in the native tounge... It's well odd... And every one seems to be clicky with their own, but the Natives (Us Born in England) have to be fully open to all, else we get branded some thing we are not...
Oh no multilingualism the world is ending and your country is in ruins.

At the moment I feel like a 6th rate citerzen or some thing... All other EU memebers are first in the que for every thing before me...

1. Jobs (We have to employee by law a certain forgin mix)
2. Housing (Forign migrants get awarded extra points)
3. Benefits (Forign people get food stamps)
4. Clothing (Forign people get a clothing grant)

I am not sure why this is...
The more I hear about English politics the queerer it seems to get. Also are you sure it's foreign people and not just plebs in general?

It seems the best place to be in the EU is England... and many will flock here... if the same figures come in as the did from Poland I think this country will be stretched to much.
Any statistics on immigration to England, both from countries within and without the EU and associated rates?

Also the more countries that join the more of the chance that we will see the EU become the United States of Europe or some thing...LOL
Seeing as there's a diversified mix of countries (from liberal states like Spain and England to Russia and potentially Turkey), I think it would make it more difficult for such an entity to form. It'd be much more likely, if say, the EU was made up mainly of Western European nations.

USE... imagine that... I wonder what will happen to the Queen and the Royals should that happen ?... If they fall, will we loose all that's English ?... Not Sure... But there are no real English Gents in England any more... Most have moved abroad.
English culture and language would probably survive, it would just experience changes.
It's fucking sad that you and the cat can't stick to the subject and even attempt to defend your little bullshit religion without jumping to personal attacks, maybe thats because evolution is such a stupid idea it's hard to back it up with any claims pertaining to reality.

Communism<3
Rep:
Level 91
(Not on topic but I'm saying it anyway)

WE MISSED YOU GONO <3

I really have nothing to say on the matter, I haven't overly looked into it.

HELLS YEAH
Rep:
Level 88
And to think I got all excited that somebody actually responded with some point contrary/supporting to what I or others have said.

Rep:
Level 88
The mind is the best weapon.
I honestly think that conflict would be a result. My guessing is that there would be riots (hey, there are ALWAYS riots when something happens =/ (yes, me exaggerating)) but it's just my opinion.
->

Communication begins with understanding
Rep:
Level 89
Project of the Month winner for October 2007
But acctullu, Turkey is a wonderfull country, with wonderfull people. I have been there 7 times, and have some friends down there.

But I really think that they don't have any buisness in EU. They don't need to join EU. They could survive on the tourism.

HELLS YEAH
Rep:
Level 88
I'm still waiting for a meaningful post.

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
I don't really follow the political goings-on of Turkey, so this is kind of a new concept to me. The only thing that I wanted to comment on after reading this was about how someone said Europe could end up becoming "The United States of Europe". Like Gon said, with the diversity in cultures and even languages, this would be a challenge to happen, but if it did it would be more like what America wants to be. I think its better left for the people that know more on the subject, and I'm not one of them, so I don't really have any other opinions about it.

HELLS YEAH
Rep:
Level 88
but if it did it would be more like what America wants to be.
How do you mean?

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
Well I mean that America preaches equality while it is really run by a bunch of sad old bigots. Also, I don't know if I'm correct in assuming this, but it would seem that they would have a pretty strong international trade kicking, while simultaneously keeping jobs at home as well. That's something that America says it wants, even though we sell all our businesses to Japan, and leave people here without jobs. I'm not really too clear on the subject though, so I'm probably way off.

Rep:
Level 88
The mind is the best weapon.
America's employment rate is the best it has been in years.
->

Rep:
Level 94
America's employment rate is the best it has been in years.

I'm not talking small scale like McJobs. I mean industry. Like us inventing something like a microchip, and having it be manufactured in Japan.

HELLS YEAH
Rep:
Level 88
You mean India, surely?