RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Is RM2K3 still around?

Rep: +0/-0Level 87
I used rpg maker 2003 before but i uninstalled it about a year ago and reacently i tried to look for it but i could not find a site that lets me download it. After i looked for it i saw on a forum that they took it off because it was an illegal copy or something like that and that you have to buy it.
So my question is that is it true and is it still around to down load?

Rep:
Level 89
I is my hero!
http://www.sendspace.com/file/m6ngnl

It is at that location for downloading, and as to my knowledge you don't need to pay for it at all, and the regular version is perfectly legal.

ok thanks for the info  ;D

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
2003 is ok, but not many people use it anymore, you should switch to XP.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Communication begins with understanding
Rep:
Level 89
Project of the Month winner for October 2007
Some people use rm2k3 because of the graphics looks old school, wich gives you the feeling. I think crankeye has rm2k3 download.

Irock touched your custom title
Rep:
Level 89
Click home at the top of this site and it takes you to http://www.crankeye.com that's where you can get all the versions that I'm aware of.

Communism<3
Rep:
Level 91
2k3 rox, don't switch to xp.

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Don't listen to anyone but yourself. It's all a matter with preference. If you like old-style, choose RM2k3. If you like a little more graphicy stuff, choose RMXP. If you're more comfortable with one, stick with that one.

Rep:
Level 87
Possessed by Power
Rm2k3 is tha bomb.

The sprite style is awesome... XP is way to hard to edit. But yeah if you need any character Sprites for rm2k3 PM me. I'm in need of character designs myself :-\
Still trying alot w/ Rm2k3...

does rpg maker xp work on my p3 900mhz / win2k. or is it strictly for xp windows (which does not run on my pc) ?

i like 2k3, but i haven't  pushed myself into learning customization yet, maybe it gets even better  :P

Rep:
Level 87
I wish i had a pony ...
RPG maker 2k3!!! soo much fun! :tpg: its still the best to make fun cheezy games on! i dont even bother to import dif graphics, the starting set was awesome! (lol)

first game i ever started to make used this and was a RPG that took place in my neighborhood! called Quest To Walgreens!
FF-11 was a tough game, but i beat it! with the help of friends :) www.geocities.com/farflong41

Rep:
Level 87
2 words "crank" "eye"

Rep:
Level 87
LOSER
I got 2K3 from the main site crankeye.com

2003 is ok, but not many people use it anymore, you should switch to XP.

There are hundreds of resources for 2K3..... probably not here but if you look around people still do use 2003

moew
Rep:
Level 91
Queen Princess
2013 Most Missed Member2012 Most Missed Member;o hee hee <3For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki
Rm2k3 rules. The only reason I switched to XP was because rm2k3 had a real bad damage calculation system. Other than that, I'd advise you to use rm2k3.
:taco: :taco: :taco:

Rep:
Level 87
I remember RM2K3 I liked it, the default battle system is something more to my style, it reminds me of the Lunar games which is one of my favorite RPG series of all-time.

I think RMXP is better because it's more useful when customizing. Besides there are people like Blizzard who makes the default battle system look real good.

Rep:
Level 85
RPG Maker 2003 is the best one out there for 3 reasons:
~It's free x3
:chocobo:

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Randomizer - GIAW 11Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Kindest Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Deserving Of A Promotion2010 Best RPG Maker User (Technical)

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for August 2008Project of the Month winner for December 20092011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon