RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Serenade's big Introduction

Rep:
Level 87
Das Geisteskrank
Ahoy. For those of you who don't know me, this should help a bit. And for those who do know me...well, this might be an interesting read.

I was first introduced to the RPGMaker series in mid-2000 by a friend, and after staying up the entire night at his house experimenting, I was hooked. I joined the internet communty in the summer of 2001, after spending about half a year or so lurking around various sites, doing my best to learn as much as I could. I joined a site called Dark Dominion. Some time passed, and I released a demo of my game Alnetak Moon, which was well-received and above the standards of the time. I also released an ABS minigame demo and a minigame styles after Space Invaders (called Face Invaders, using emoticons). Soon I was promoted to moderate the Game Projects forum, and then the RM2K/3 Help forum, and then the Literature forum. Finally I was promoted to a full staff member. Unfortunately the site died soon after as the administrator lost interest.

During this time, I began really joining other forums and posting elsewhere, including Gaming World, War of the Magi, and even Gaming Ground Zero, as well as countless smaller forums.

I had my own site, called iyCreations for some time after the fall of Dark Dominion. It was spriting-based, following one of my interests, and it got a large community. Many of them "refugees" from the old site. Eventually the old administrator of Dark Dominion regained interest in having a website and created a place called Dev Empire. I let iyCreations go down in order to support the Dev Empire member base, but the community had a hard time holding itself together. During my time there, I released the small demo of a Dance Dance Revolution type game, a dancing game programmed in RM2K3 with original graphics. Eventually, though, the community fell apart. And sick of the drama, I left for a time.

By then I had been a member of rmxp.net for a time, and it was during this time that I began posting more. I began using different names, trying to drop my Dev Empire/Dark Dominion roots. During this transitional time, I released a demo of my first RMXP game, Dreams of Nevendria and became a Moderator of RMXP.net's RMXP sections, during the same clump promotion of members. I think this the promotion of multiple members at once really began to mark that RMXP.net was accepting its role as one of the "big" sites.

I modded for some time, then offline reasons forced me to take a long break. I faded away from the scene, and was eventually demodded. I returned months later, finally having settled into the me that you today. By now I had a different outlook on the internet- one that is less focused on internet drama and accepts the fact that "it's just the internets" and nothing to get too serious about. This is very freeing- it lets me just say what needs to be said without worrying about garbage like forum politics. Sometimes I might even just stir up trouble to see how others react, but nothing ever seriously malicious. It's all just about fun and humor now. Things have been a lot easier for me in this time.

I've been banned from RMXP.net for continually being myself- giving harsh and very real criticism that many children couldn't take, making jokes that lots of children would get offended by, and criticizing the administration. It was that last bit that pushed me over the edge, so to speak, and led to the ban. Even though I am banned there, I am still in contact with that community, though, often popping up in their irc channel to idle or making a new account on the forums just to read the goings-on.

Now, I am primarily a member at Gaming World, and the owner/administrator here.

I'm Ecko, or "Eck" for short, if you want. I've got a good number of years of RPGMaker experience behind me, and I've mastered just about everything in the program. I consider myself a decent composer, illustrator and a very good writer. I admit that I'm often a mean-spirited and seemingly hateful dude, sometimes, and definitely an elitist. But hey- I guess it comes with being an oldbie around the English RPGMaker community. I do not believe in sugar-coating criticism; I'll often be harsh even to my friends because I think that you should tell someone if something is bad.

I consider RPGMaking a hobby, not a career path. That's why I use the program; it lets me tell stories and put my graphics to use, and I do it for fun. And yes, I use the legal version.

Spoiler for Link to my music archive:
Spoiler for A few of my illustrations:

Cheers!

« Last Edit: December 14, 2007, 03:16:12 AM by Serenade »

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
welcome to RMRK
nice introduction  :o
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

If Ham didn't taste like Ham, I would hope it tasted like turkey
Rep:
Level 88
>:O

Pure Awesome.
Rep:
Level 87
Narrowing Fabrications of an Elusive Mind
Summarized version: He wishes he was me.

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Best Non-RM Creator2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Funniest Member2012 Most Successful Troll2012 Best IRC ChatterboxSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Most Successful Troll
Long introduction.

Welcome to RMRK. Enjoy the forums. ;)

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2014 Most Unsung Member2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Best Member2012 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2010 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Best Use Of Avatar And Signature Space
Cool, you seem quite talented. Welcome to RMRK.

:pimp:

Nice intro, I hope you stick around.

And that's my smiley. Ain't nobody can stop me, except perhaps Silverline if he thwarts me by taking him off the smiley list. That guy, he's always one step ahead.

Rep:
Level 87
Das Geisteskrank
Haha, I also apologize for my terrible avatar which I just googled in seconds.

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
WOWelcome to the forums, have a great time!
Arlen is hot.

Communism<3
Rep:
Level 91

<3
Rep:
Level 90
Welcome! Sweet introduction, but I haven't read it...

~Winged

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Sorry, but I don't plan on reading your introduction. :( Nice job, though. :P AND YOUR AVATAR IS KREEPY WITH A K T_T

:welcome:

Rep:
Level 88
Long intro. I read most of it. Well, I welcome you.

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? The nice kind of alien~
Rep:
Level 92
Martian - Occasionally kind
:welcome:

Remember the truth can be told in different ways ^_^

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
I do not believe in sugar-coating criticism; I'll often be harsh even to my friends because I think that you should tell someone if something is bad.
As a heads up, there are... certain members here who will probably cry and then go on an "I HATE YOU" campaign around the forums because of this.
Along with those that will pretend to do that. That brings us to our final category: Those who pretend and get so caught up that they really do get mad. Also, you shouldn't sugar-coat, yes, but you shouldn't turn that candy into a bastard-filling, bastard-coated, bastard ball.

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Musician2013 King of RMRK2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature SpaceFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Musician2012 Best UsernameFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]Most entertaining member on the IRC2011 Best Musician2011 Funniest Member2010 Most Missed Member
?_? Who deleted my post? Oh well, moo quoted it.
:tinysmile:

Communication begins with understanding
Rep:
Level 89
Project of the Month winner for October 2007
Welcome to RMRK ;8

Licks
Rep:
Level 91
Sexual Deviant
Welcome to RMRK, I would say "beware the Diablo post...but yours is longer than his ;)

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
"Beware the Diablo post" is my line >:o And I already thought that so... yeah. Anyways, FEAR TEH DEADLY POST OF DIABLO!!!! But seriously, read it. It has good info.

Rep: +0/-0Level 87
I do not believe in sugar-coating criticism; I'll often be harsh even to my friends because I think that you should tell someone if something is bad.
As a heads up, there are... certain members here who will probably cry and then go on an "I HATE YOU" campaign around the forums because of this.

Along with those that will pretend to do that. That brings us to our final category: Those who pretend and get so caught up that they really do get mad. Also, you shouldn't sugar-coat, yes, but you shouldn't turn that candy into a bastard-filling, bastard-coated, bastard ball.

I have found from past experiences that most arguements comnig from idle chatter...

In the past in have been banned from 7 forums for generally being blunt... I have also personal religious views which forced me to leave on other sites... I hope the same doesn't happen here :D
« Last Edit: May 09, 2007, 07:38:50 PM by supercharlieb »

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Something went wrong there...

Rep:
Level 96
2010 Most Attractive Male Member2010 Best Musician
Mean-spirited and hateful? You and I will get along just fine.

:tinysmile::tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2014 Most Unsung Member2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Best Member2012 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2010 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Best Use Of Avatar And Signature Space
Mean-spirited and hateful? You and I will get along just fine.

Lol, since when have you been mean spirited or hateful? I think the meanest thing I've seen you say is "bunny rabbits are cuter than turtles", and that's hardly even mean. I mean, like, it's true.

Rep:
Level 96
SHUT THE HELL UP DONT YOU KNOW WHO I AM

edit: It's true. I haven't been as mean (on THIS forum) a I used to be (too bust being mean on another forum) so I guess you wouldn't know that side of me, since you're a newer member.

Rep:
Level 97
A cuddly cat, who happens to have more fur than any turtle ever had. You hate those fricking turtles, don't you?

EDIT: I can't remember if I am allowed to swear on this forum...

Rep:
Level 96
EDIT: I can't remember if I am allowed to swear on this forum...
You are.

bitch