RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[Writing] Synopsis of 2 games (to increase the presentation)

Rep:
Level 90
My games don't really list their stories, I'd much rather have people play the games and be pleasantly surprised. Now people have been complaining that I don't state their stories. So I was wondering what everyone thinks of these two Synapses.

WILLA & ROTT

Willa & Rott is the unnatural tale of a girl and her dog. Years ago, an orphan Willa drowns in a nearby lake. The only one to hear her cries of help was her faithful dog Rott. Neither one of them survived, but they will walk the Earth again with a purpose. Since their deaths, they have watched over another orphan like Willa. He is a boy named Toby, and Willa is always there with him.

It is only when Toby is put in mortal danger from the evil Macovius that she can return from the dead for a single night. Willa will have to fight her way through creatures of the night, priests, dream sprites and a zombie hunter named Christian in order to get into the large complex keep of Macovius. Once inside the keep, Will and Rott will need to solve unique puzzles and meet magical allies to help them along the way, before Macovius sacrifices Toby.

MAIA 2K3

Pretext:
With the world of humans consumed in a war, the troops of the empire have been spread thin, and many have seen this as an opportunity to overthrow the organized government. The isolated continent of Annakova remains untouched by this war. It is a small continent populated by fishermen, farmers and an evil governor that will do anything to oppress his people so they do not rise up as others have.

The Awakening:
The oppressive governor has been murdered the previous night and the woman that killed him faces an execution if she cannot escape. This woman, Maia quickly finds her way out of her prison cell and releases three allies, one; Geo was a squire, unjustly thrown into prison for a crime that he claims he cannot remember. The next ally Kraus isn’t just a petty thug or bully, his true allegiance is much larger than anyone anticipates. The final ally is Morgan, the foreseer that was imprisoned for not being able to foresee that the governor would be murdered. The four of them quickly escape the prison, only to have Kraus ditch their party and rejoin his secret allegiance.

Chapter 1: Absolved:
With Maia marked for death, the first thing the party must do is be absolved of their crimes. There are only two people on Annakova that can do that. The governor’s widow is one of them, but she wants the head of Maia, and later wants the heart of Geo. The next is the previous governor that was exiled to a haunted tower on a tiny fog covered island.

However, getting to the tower is the challenge. The trio must first find a way out of their chains, by seeking out a locksmith who is not pleasant to escapees. In the meantime, the trio can find refuge in the guilds. Magic, fighting and thieving guilds are the main three on Annakova. With these guilds come quests, gold and a reputation.

Once the trio have earned a key from the locksmith, they will soon meet a ship’s captain named Baux who will demand treasure. Not your treasure, a treasure that is hidden in a shrine at the southern point of the continent. The party of four will gain the treasure, but not before encountering, Seiko, the undefeatable reaper that takes souls to his master. He knows all, he knows Maia, because she was around the governor’s death.

After the treasure is obtained, Captain Baux will take the trio to the tiny island where all four of them will fight their way to the top. The mysterious man in exile is untrusting, and requires the party to perform good deeds. He will also give them orbs that will recall the good deeds, so that the exiled man can see them.

The major good deed is when the governor’s mansion is burning down. It has been invaded and set ablaze by a band of rogues that have seen the governor’s death as an opportunity to strike! The trio will join forces with the guards of the mansion to retake it by force and face off against the leader of the rogues! After which, the governor’s beautiful young widow will come face to face with the handsome young Geo. He will be captivated by her beauty.

The trio will not be greeted as heroes though until they are absolved of their crimes.

Chapter 2: Tringala
On their way home from the tower, the ship of Baux is blown off course and the ship slams into the small island of Tringala. It might be a small island, but the forests are so thick and dense that it makes travel difficult. Maia and Baux set out to gather wood to repair the ship, but they are soon captured by the hostile natives.

Morgan and Geo set out to find them in the village, but once they are found, there is another problem, Baux and Maia are frozen solid from a paralyzing poison. Geo and Morgan must find a potion to cure them, which is where alchemy comes to be used in the main quest.

Once they have found the ingredients to make the potion, Geo and Morgan return to find Maia gone. She has been taken to the top of a mountain to be sacrificed to the local legendary blue dragon! The heroes must get through the natives and their chief in order to save her, before the blue dragon comes for his sacrifice.

When the heroes rescue Maia, it angers their gods of the underworld and the mountain opens up into a volcano! The party is swallowed into an erupting volcano and must escape not only the volcano, but the island as well!

Chapter 3: Immortality
This is the first step into the massive world of the game. The four of them travel with Morgan’s girlfriend to the huge continent of Bronga, which is a continent being tapped by the empire for its resources and soldiers. Bronga features a fighting arena, where the heroes must compete in a tournament against other parties!

With the victory of a tournament, it gives Maia, Geo and Morgan to a meeting with the governor of Bronga, whose daughter has been kidnapped by a wizard named Magnus. The trio set off to save the governor’s daughter, and encounter a swordsman named Kilmer, who joins them to save the girl. The heroes meet an old foe from Annakova inside the cave, before they face off against the wizard Magnus.

After saving the governor’s daughter, they are invited to a dinner. A dinner of nobles, commanders and last but not least, the governor’s widow and her council will come face to face with Maia.

At the dinner, the governor will tell the heroes of a way the humans can win the war abroad. Immortality. There is a legend of a god named Garuda who has granted sea travelers immortality so they can live to get back to their home. The tower of the winged Garuda is on its own huge island. If Garuda will not give immortality, the heroes are to kill the immortal Garuda.

When the heroes fail to defeat Garuda, they are imprisoned for failing at their task. The only way out of this stronger prison is for Maia to tap into her powers, unknown even to her, but awakened when she dreams.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2015, 10:17:28 AM by boe »
community project for RPG Maker VX: http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,33789.0.html

Rep:
Level 90
Is the second synapse too long? I fear people falling asleep.
community project for RPG Maker VX: http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,33789.0.html

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
OKaaaaaayy...
All i can say is that it's a nice synapase (yes, i read it though not full)
Arlen is hot.

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
I feel like a dickhead for saying this, and it doesn't really matter at all, but I'm kind of a word-nazi.

A Synapse is a thing that fires off inside your head.
A Synopsis is an overview of a story.

Don't hate me. Please?

Rep:
Level 90
I feel like a dickhead for saying this, and it doesn't really matter at all, but I'm kind of a word-nazi.

A Synapse is a thing that fires off inside your head.
A Synopsis is an overview of a story.

Don't hate me. Please?

It is funny, and thank you. Just be happy that I was close to the correct word.