RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Vivid Destiny v2.0

Rep: +0/-0Level 91
Gaming Hearts Studios Director
It's Koja again!  Long time-no see!  I've completed Vivid Destiny (v1.0) and now working on VD v2.0!  I promise you this will be far superior to v1.0.

Features:

Run/walk system
Jumping System
Clothes Changing System
Gunman Battle System
Mini Games
Chapter Storyline

The Characters:

Koja (Hero)
Sonnet (Victum)
Haven (Antaganist)
Razor (another antaganist)
Sogi-ki (previously known as "Sanoken")

This will now be a three-part series:

Vivid Destiny (prt.1)
Vivid Destiny:  Destructive Crisis (prt.2)
and Vivid Destiny:  Destiny's End (prt.3)

I'll have screenshots either later tonight or sometime tomorrow. :wink:

Rep: +0/-0Level 89
Sounds great, The cloths changing system sounds good too.
I dont see many games with that function, Not evan real games that release in shops
(exept of corse online fantasy's and the sims)

Rep:
Level 91
Thanks For Coming
Meh.

Post screenshots, a storyline and some proper character information?

Might be nice.

I am epic, you are not.
Rep:
Level 93
Defender of Justice
what about... yeah...whats it even about?

You guys don't remember!?

Well, okay.

Koja and Sonnet are the only teens in their town, Derga.  An ancient relic known to the townsfolk as, "The Key", is seeked by a small group of rebell soldiers from the opposing country (Cappidocia [good] and Galatia [bad]).
Sonnet has a secret that she hasn't told anyone, that the Ex-Galatia Soldiers know.  They seek her and The Key to open "The Gateway" that leads to the lower levels of Hell.  Koja is tasked by being sent out of his hometown (which no one is allowed to leave) to return Sonnet and The Key.

And somewhere in there, I forgot to mention, a war breaks out between Cappidocia and Galatia and Galatia believes that Derga is an HQ for Cappidocia forces. So Koja has alot of crap to do.

I'll have to get the screens tomorrow when I get home. I've got one complete chapter and working on the next.

I'll keep you guys updated. :wink:

Well my computer was messing up, so I can't get the third screenie...at least not all of it...

"The Key" Chamber:

Derga:

and half of the way out of Derga:

I'll get more as I progress through the game.

Resident Cloud
Rep:
Level 91
okies

how did you make the clothe changing systme script or by events sounds good.

also seen that youve used the run time package i like games that use this because the creator usually can concetrate more on the story and release it sooner

Well to my knowledge, you can't use scripts on 2k3, but I'm trying a custom menu and you just change into the clothes you buy.  There's four colors to choose from; normal (red), green, yellow, and black/gray.

Here's a completion review like my last thread:

Chapter 1:

Opening Scene
Derga
"The Cave"
Leaving Derga

Chapter 2:

Caves to Neopolis
Exit caves

To Neopolis

Neopolis (City): Incomplete

I still got a way to go...
about another 4 1/2 chapters worth...

I am epic, you are not.
Rep:
Level 93
Defender of Justice
looks good, although the key room is a bit uniform

if by uniform means "not good", I agree, but the entire game will go through some changes before I release it, so don't worry. :wink:

I've decided to add a battle system using guns insted of the random battle/final fantasy/dragon warrior stuff.

I am epic, you are not.
Rep:
Level 93
Defender of Justice
sounds good. By uniform i meant evrything was all evened out and such. redo it . now.

Quote from: Koja
...the entire game will go through some changes before I release it...

I am epic, you are not.
Rep:
Level 93
Defender of Justice
heheh...right. so, anything new on it?

I finally found a good "frozen" town chipset, even though it only has snow...
But I'm working on mapping the second town now, so not really much has happened...

BTW...If someone could find a good ice town chipset, I would be very thankfull and it would put you in the credits, thanks!  :wink: