RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
New Information of Life in Outer Space

Rep:
Level 87
¥¥Death is Peace, and it is your friend¥¥
I lol'd you're fucking rediculous kid. Stop coming up with these lame ass articles. We will never colonize Mars. Gtfo. Going to the Moon for natural resourcess, however, is a reality.

cursing doesnt make you look smart, just the other way around...

also, im not responsible for what articles the internet provides me....

Scientists say theres a high chance of terraforming mars, as did all my science and physics teachers said.

Pure Awesome.
Rep:
Level 87
Narrowing Fabrications of an Elusive Mind
You're science and physics teachers are retarded then.

Rep:
Level 87
nah, i'd just say give me 10 reasons why they are.....

if they were retarded, they wouldn't be teaching anyways...

im thinking you're denying the fact that mars will be terraformed.

Pure Awesome.
Rep:
Level 87
1. You haven't taken physics.
2. It isn't hard to become a teacher (especially middle school)
3. I know more about half my college professors subjects than they do.
4. Your articles are from unreliable sources.

Rep:
Level 87
1. i take advanced classes...
2. as do all teachers...
3. good for you, no one cares...
4. not my problem...

Pure Awesome.
Rep:
Level 87
Advanced classes still wouldn't take you to physics unless you were a freshman right now.

Communication begins with understanding
Rep:
Level 89
Project of the Month winner for October 2007
Stop arguing Lackluster. I know you have your own thoughts and stuff, but..

First of all.
I lol'd you're fucking rediculous kid.
Isn't that flaming?

Second of all.
Stop coming up with these lame ass articles
I found these artical very intersting, so they are not lame ass articals.

Third Of all.
We will never colonize Mars
With the futuring tecnoligy, nothing is impossible.

Anyway, back to topic. I found this interesting. Some says that water has been on Mars long time ago, and I belive that we someday will colonize other planets. Nothing is impossible.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2007, 07:24:01 PM by Black Shadow »

Rep:
Level 87
some scientists say that mars has frozen water at its poles, and the canal like structures on mars served as bodies of water.

Rep:
Level 87
ooooooooooooooppppzzzzzzzzzz, what exactly is yer purpose on this here forum? to spam us to death?

By the way, they're planning to colonize on the moon and mars.
i agree but if we survive nd  earth is like dead .....we might have to colonize.....itz not gonna happn in my life time so im gud

Communism<3
Rep:
Level 91
@ChaosSoldier92- Learn how to fucking spell and use proper English, especially in this section.

@Lackluster- Why don't you think the terraformation of Mars is possible..?

Pure Awesome.
Rep:
Level 87
@ChaosSoldier92- Learn how to fucking spell and use proper English, especially in this section.

@Lackluster- Why don't you think the terraformation of Mars is possible..?
Possible? Yes. Will it ever happen? No. The Earth will collapse in upon itself before that happens....

Rep:
Level 88
The Earth will collapse in upon itself before that happens....

That's beautiful. I really doubt people won't want to check out forming a civilization on another planet though. Apparently it's interesting and... stuff. Colonizing Mars sounds unrealistic simply because of how much work and effort it'd require, getting natural resources from either sounds a lot easier to do and so it's more likely... right?

Okay so I do find it a little interesting. But really... how much evidence do we have? Beside knowing that the temperature of this planet is hand-in-hand with water existing and that signals have been sent is there anything else?

To clear it up ataraxy~ No we don't know if water's there, it may have evaporated in the early stages of the planets life. It's still very exciting though =)

You mocking me? xD I read the whole thing... anyway I'm missing what's exciting about it. Sure it's sort of interesting but at the moment it's just a possibility, and will we ever actually set foot on the planet?

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
Every thread gets shit on.

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
I find the topic very interesting. This thread actually gives me a very good idea...

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
Yeah, the topic was interesting. Until it got turned into another boring terraforming thread.

Rep:
Level 96
That's the interesting part. When people learn of a new place that may be inhabitable, what's the first thing they think of? CONQUEST! Why is that the way we work? That's what I'm interested in.

moew
Rep:
Level 91
Queen Princess
2013 Most Missed Member2012 Most Missed Member;o hee hee <3For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki
It's not very hot right now, I don't think we'll have to move out of this planet in... like, 200 years...? ???
:taco: :taco: :taco:

Rep: +0/-0Level 87
"I'm a son of the South"
   When human population becomes too big for our small planet, outer space colonization will become a necessity. And that might happen in the next centuries if you take in consideration that the world's population has grown over 6 times since world war II.
   But of course it can only be done if humanity doesn't destroy itself first.....
"In war and politics, half of what we are told is a complete an utter lie, the rest, are lies covered with truths"

Rep:
Level 94
   When human population becomes too big for our small planet, outer space colonization will become a necessity. And that might happen in the next centuries if you take in consideration that the world's population has grown over 6 times since world war II.
   But of course it can only be done if humanity doesn't destroy itself first.....

I'm quoting you, but this is directed at everybody.

I don't think a lot of you have your date estimations very clear. Mars being colonized, (or even colonizable) is a long way off. Anyway, this topic isn't about Mars. It's about Gliese 581 and the Gliese system. If I wanted to start another boring Mars topic, I would have.

Absolutely the one chosen by fadark
Rep:
Level 94
GAAAAAAAAY
Are you going to?  ;8

pokeball WcWOfflineMale
Rep:
Level 87
2 + 2 is a math problem, NOT 4.
Well, first of all, it is NOT along way off.  None of this is.  It is very possible for technology to suddenly have a growthspurt and advance itself long before it is suplposed to;  for example, on a small scale, the airplane was invented a year before the Model T.  Now,  how do you figure that flight comes before land?  It doesn't.  So, going to the Geise planet and colonizing Mars are both possible - especially Mars, which would only require enough time to grow some trees and set up some bases.   Of course, the only problem with any of this is air, which I'll leave you guys to think about.
If you are reading this, the government of the U.S.A. is currently planting a chip in your brain.
People like decreasing my Rep. In fact, people like decreasing most others people's rep.

Rep:
Level 96
WcW. Your opinions about how far off Mars colonization is have NO PLACE IN THIS TOPIC. If you wish to discuss it, do so ELSEwhere!

Communism<3
Rep:
Level 91

1) As Arrow said, off-topic. Especially so given that the author has expressed he didn't want this to be about Mars two posts before yours.
2) You know fuck all about terraformation.
3) Both in all likeliness are a long way off. Know otherwise? Show it. (Your pathetic reasonings don't count ;))
4) With the closest technology that could be used to terraform Mars, it would take a minimum 100years to do so.
5) We personally won't be visiting this planet in a very long time. It comes down to one little theory;

While it may seem probably that we could make a giant spacecraft to slowly take us to the planet over a handful of centuries with us in stasis (which may be possible "soon" enough) the people who stayed behind will have already invented something that could take them to the planet faster and get there before team one is even half way through.

If you can't travel at a reasonably fast speed, there's no need to go for that very reason.

We're not going to the planet for a looong time, unless forced. Simple.

Any more posts made on the terraformation of Mars, or similar, will be deleted.

Rep:
Level 94
I'd like to terraform Saucy...

Absolutely the one chosen by fadark
Rep:
Level 94
GAAAAAAAAY
I'd like to terraform Saucy...
Ditto.  We should really be more on topic, so, someone be on topic.