RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
how to show Varible numbers? (rpgxp)

Rep: +0/-0Level 87
I want to make it so when your showing text it displays the value of a varible is it possible?
« Last Edit: April 22, 2007, 05:02:41 AM by TwichyBoy »

Rep:
Level 88
Yes, it's possible, and it's quite simple too. Just type \v[n] in the text box to display the value of the variable. The "n" represents the variable you want to display. For example, if you want the text box to show the value stored in variable #7, you would type \v[7]
Spoiler for My Game Recommendations:
1) Demon Gate --- A great game with a terrific character-relationship system, an engaging story, and plenty of secrets and options for players who wish to be good/evil.
http://www.raizap.com/demongate/

2) Midnight --- A survival-horror game created with RPG Maker XP. Combat plays out in the smoothest running real-time battle system I have seen yet.
http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,23239.0.html

3) The Healer --- A charming game with beautiful mapping and a fun battle system. One of the few games to use a healer as a main character, and so far it's pulled off well.
http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,23524.0.html

but the value of the varible constantly changing

Rep:
Level 88
Legend of Mana Fan
Constantly changing? Well I've never tried it, but I don't think that while the text is showing, the variable can change....unless you have some kind of parallel common event.
Game I'm Working on:
-ADVENT-
Progress:
Story: 96%
Maps: 4%
Characters: 70%

the varible isn't changing during when it's being shown
here is what i'm working on
I put in day to night feture and you have a certain amount of days to do reach a certain area
and every night the varible increases one per night and i want to make it so you can check how many days you have left

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Oh... Well, you're going to either need scripts to show it, or you're going to need 10 pictures that you can use a parallel process to display the 10 digits for the time. I think... Script works best but eventing takes a bit longer (unless you can't script, but still XP)

Rep:
Level 88
Legend of Mana Fan
If you want to check how much days you have left, and you want it through events. Here's what you could do:

- Make another variable. We'll call it, "Max Day". We'll call the variable that increases one every night, "Day Count".
- Lets say the "certain amount of days" is 10.
- Make "Max Day"'s value 10.
- To check the amount of days left, simply substract the "Day Count" from "Max Day".
- Then, in the text. Make it show Max Day. It will show you how much days you have left.
- Make the "Max Day"'s value 10 again.

And thats it!
Game I'm Working on:
-ADVENT-
Progress:
Story: 96%
Maps: 4%
Characters: 70%