RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
making characters. rmxp

Rep: +0/-0Level 87
is there a tutorial on how to make characters in xp with a simple program like microsoft paint maybe?  id like to be able to make different sized ones too.

Shooting for the "MEMBER MODERATOR OF THE YEAR 2007" Award
Rep:
Level 89
Hi, there.
Yes there are many tutorials, just try searching. I'll help you out by looking for one.

Here is a good one from hbgames.org

http://www.hbgames.org/forums/showthread.php?t=232

It has more links to templates and everthing. Hope it helps.

Solved? Add [Resolved] to the topic title.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2007, 03:11:14 AM by ChaosSpartan28 »
Sig by MacGravel

thanks for that, its a big help. theres one more thing though, i dont understand the whole sizing thing so that when i import in into rmxp the little box thing doesnt only like take half of the sprite. basically how do i know what the sizing should be?

Rep:
Level 92
Welcome Poster of Year 2006 Award
Export the charsets in the RTP, check their sizes, and try to fit around the same. =P
Do you want to be part of a growing Gaming Community, with many galleries, comics, active community, and gfx artists? Also known to be friendly. Also want some free anime music just for signing up? Play in the arcade?

Click Community Forums to join!

< Zelda Fan Club

Shooting for the "MEMBER MODERATOR OF THE YEAR 2007" Award
Rep:
Level 89
Hi, there.
each sprite should take up the same amount of blocks. 

Example: Sprite Template
  --- --- --- ---
 | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Moving Down
  --- --- --- ---
 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Moving Left
  --- --- --- ---
 | 9 | 10| 11| 12| Moving Right
  --- --- --- ---
 | 13| 14| 15| 16| Moving Down
  --- --- --- ---

Each one should take up 1 block if this is how big your sheet.

Do you get it or do you need more help?
Sig by MacGravel

thanks i get it! onemore thing thoug. it would be extremely helpful if i could convert chars from tpg maker 2000/2003 into rmxp. know any way i could do this? ???