RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
How do you think we can improve the forum?

Shooting for the "MEMBER MODERATOR OF THE YEAR 2007" Award
Rep:
Level 89
Hi, there.
Basically what the titles says.
This is so mindless arguments are put at ease.

If the members of the community have an idea, then post it here.

If you have an idea, post it. I will try to list them all here.
Simple right?

Suggestions
  • Place for the Advanced RPG Makers
  • More Attention to the RM Section 
  • Extra Acess Should Post Spam In the Spam Section Only 
  • Mods Should Be More Active 
  • Spam Section Could Use Improvement(ie:Members Must Have A Certain Amount Of Posts To Post
  • Make a Resource Pack
« Last Edit: April 21, 2007, 07:07:36 PM by ChaosSpartan28 »
Sig by MacGravel

Mne eto nado kak zuby v zadnitse.
Rep:
Level 89
U H N
2012 Most Attractive Female Member^_________________^f*ck u >:(LO !!
I love you, ChaosSpurtin
an6uof hw to aLeme ozle we I

Rep:
Level 89
Hi, there.
No problem... I guess
Sig by MacGravel

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Lol... Anyways, we should maybe ignore feedback from the non-regulars? That includes me, excluding this post.

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
I used to remember this being an RPG maker forum, yet there is a special section for chatty members called Extra accesses and no such title or place for the advanced RPG makers on this forum.
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

Rep:
Level 89
Hi, there.
I just really want this situation to be resolved. I mean, with this thread we can hear what the communtiy has to say and not the ideas of a set few.
Sig by MacGravel

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
@Nouman: Oh yeah, I remember you bringing that up. Maybe a place where all the teachers of the RMRK Teacher-Student Organization can get together? Because they should be the most advanced to be at a level of teaching.

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
How about stop it. No need to distance yourselves from your people.

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
How about stop it. No need to distance yourselves from your people.
The definition of EA is now official.

Rep:
Level 96
Oh, harhar. :V

But really, the forums has expanded by at least four boards as of late. Make better use of what you've got, yo. EA is to get away from the Elegy posts and the Fu flamewars, really. It's a quiet zone. (Plus, since it's not all access, we can do do more in there.)

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?

Rep:
Level 96
That doesn't mean it's the ONLY thing...

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Best Non-RM Creator2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Funniest Member2012 Most Successful Troll2012 Best IRC ChatterboxSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Most Successful Troll
The forums will never be improved. It's the members and what it's become.

It's supposed to be about RPG Maker.

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
I'm honstely ashamed of myself for letting me stray from my roots, I came here for RM. Not all the extra crap. I'm actually pretty happy nouman is speaking his mind. Now I don't feel alone in my belief things can be improved.

Here are some issues that need to be helped.
~ The Rm section is largely ignored. It was the reason this place was started.
~ Extra Acess, Seriously, this is just stupid. If you guys want to spam, just post in spam like the rest of us.
~ Mods aren't active enough, Seriously, I see Gil post like once a day, IF that.
~ I stopped trying to be funny a while ago, the sad part is most of you are actually trying.

Irock touched your custom title
Rep:
Level 89
Make the spam section better. Make it so that members have to have 200+ posts to post there.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
Make the spam section better. Make it so that members have to have 200+ posts to post there.

I think taht 1k - 1.5k posts would be best.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
 :moar:

More suggestions every one! We're starting to get some where!

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best Musician2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Best Musician2013 King of RMRKFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Musician2012 Best UsernameFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]Most entertaining member on the IRC2011 Best Musician2011 Funniest Member2010 Most Missed Member
Perhaps the best thing to improve the forums would be for you all to start posting better posts, instead of bitching about everything sucking.
:tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 89
Hi, there.
I know what you mean Halo, but this is so the rest of the community can get a word in of how they think(not must) the forum could improve rather than have the usuals decide.

Also, it was meant to stop that "Holkeye isnt funny" dispute.
Sig by MacGravel

( ´ิ(ꈊ) ´ิ) ((≡^⚲͜^≡)) (ી(΄◞ิ౪◟ิ‵)ʃ)
Rep:
Level 102
(っ˘ڡ˘ς) ʕ•̼͛͡•ʕ-̺͛͡•ʔ•̮͛͡•ʔ (*ꆤ.̫ꆤ*)
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2011 Most Unsung Member2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
Every forum once it's large enough is going to have its critics. What's worse when it becomes a bandwagon and instead of just getting on with stuff like normal everyone jumps on and turns into moan and complain mode about what's (compared to all the drama around it) essentially nothing.

I like how some people complain about this place being boring but then those people are the first to campaign for changes when something actually interesting happens.

Holk and Fu are adults, probably both of them aren't being totally serious. I mean, this is a forum. They obviously realise that a little drama makes a great read and some excitement every now and then. The arltree, in it's all knowingness, was spot on :3

But anyway, since my interest in RPG Maker stopped years ago I'm a bit out of touch with the actual RPG Maker forums. So is Crankeye, if not the whole forum itself =o

You want a new forum made in the RPG Maker section that's hidden to regular members and they have to be given privelages to it? or members below x (say like, 100 or something) postcount?
« Last Edit: April 18, 2007, 06:29:57 AM by Silverline »
bringing sexy back

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2014 Most Unsung Member2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Best Use Of Avatar And Signature Space
Contrary to previous statements of my opinion on the matter, I don't think a forum for "advanced" RPG makers is really going to accomplish much, since essentially, the problem that RMRK is facing (as far as the RM section goes) is that it is not attracting people who are good with RPG Maker, and I don't think that having a board which excludes everybody else will help. As for suggestions, it's kind of hard to say what will work. In order to attract talented people we need a broader range of resources (I was attracted by Blizzard's scripts and, well, also because the arltree is hilarious, but that is neither here nor there), and to have a broader range of resources, we need people who are good with the program to put more effort (maybe more than it's worth) into creating those resources. I don't think that it is fair to somehow expect Silverline to propose an instant fix, or to blame it on mods who have lost interest in RMXP.

I do kind of like the community part of this board, as opposed to .org (where the number of douches - cool people is vastly disproportionate: yeah, I'm probably being a little unfair in my estimation of .org). Personally, I don't believe that the fact that many of the prominent members make their posts in the Community Section necessarily detracts from the RM section, but the relation it has with the slope downwards is due primarily, I believe, to the fact that with the loss of these members, we also lose people proficient with RM. I don't know if it is possible to "fix" the problems with the RM section (which do exist), but I think that if there is a resolution to be found, it would have to be in an increased effort by the members who are talented with RM to post unique resources and other things that will somehow give the RM section a boost. Whether the amount of work that would be required is actually worth it or if it might be better going to another board is something that I guess is up to individual members. I will try a little harder to aid in that endeavor, and I don't think I will move to another board.

The improvement in the RM Section even with the addition of the Resource Database is noticeable, as well is the appointment of Nouman as moderator, though I think that may have been slightly overshadowed by the departure of Blizzard and Darklord. So basically, to sum up my opinion: Yes, I do think that there should be more emphasis on the RM section of the board, as I think the fact that it is not a very noticeable presence on the board drives away talented members, but I think that that emphasis can only really be accomplished by the members, as it is unfair to expect or require of Silverline and the mods to somehow renew their interest in RM. The only thing that we can feasibly expect of them, in my opinion, is perhaps the appointment of suitable RM mods as they arise, as I think they have shown already with Nouman. (and maybe the removal of those giant orange tags that scream "We're excluding you, bitches!". You can keep the board itself if you like, but maybe make it less obvious)

That was a long post, probably worthless, and it's late so I probably wrote stuff that I won't even agree with in the morning. Don't be surprised if my opinion changes in the future, because I'm practically asleep. Anyway, I'm a big fan of the arltree.

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
Isn't this topic already madeth?
Arlen is hot.

Resource Maker
Rep:
Level 91
I think this forum is slowly gaining momentum again...

I was worried when Blizzard stepped down from modding but now we have Nouman, so thats cool...

Only one suggestion Make Nouman a Fully Fledged Mod !! Pleazzzzzzzz !!!

My RMRK Wikki:- http://wiki.rmrk.net/index.php/Landofshadows
Make a Donation for my Resource making:- https://www.paypal.me/landofshadows

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
*agrees with LOS*
Nouman deserves to be a mod more than anyone.

but me that is XD
Arlen is hot.

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
You want a new forum made in the RPG Maker section that's hidden to regular members and they have to be given privelages to it?

that would be lovely, only a selected group so we can discuss on what needs to get done. (what tuorials need to get made and such)

Pretty much an EA for the advanced RM users here. this is my only complaint.  :)