RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[RESOLVED] RMXP event colides with event

Rep: +0/-0Level 87
Iv'e never used forum's or anything before, this is my first time, so if i do something wrong, you'll know why.
This is my first post and the reason i chose this site is because i get really annoyed when i can't get what i want out of RMXP.

I just wanted know how you do this:
when an event touches an event it triggers another event

Basically i just want to make it so that there are 4 rocks that you move by pushing them, i know how to do that, but then i want it so that you push them into different holes and when the last one goes in it trigers an event, hope someone can help, thanks.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2007, 02:56:59 PM by Zeriab »

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Well, I'm probably going to make this sound too hard or make it sound completely wrong. I'm not even sure if this will work! Anyways, make it so the event activates on collision. Then, as the eventing, put a "Move Event" that has "Move away from Hero" or something like that. Then, put a "Proceed with Movement" right after that. And then the other stuff I don't know how to do. XD Also, for the move event, make it ignore impossible movements.

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
He said he knows how to make the rocks move. Anyway, I've never really thought about this sort of problem before, so I may make this more complicated then it needs to be since I haven't really tried it before, but what you could do is use variables to determine boulder position ... I attached a demo.

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
That's the way I would have done it but I was too lazy to. XD Anyways, that would be just what you do, except when the Boulder's X = w/e and the Boulder's Y = w/e, you would remove the graphic so it would be like it was dropped through the hole. If you're doing it like pokemon and the dropped boulders are going to be reused, use the "Move Event Location" event.

Sidenote: Teacher and pupil working together to solve a problem! :D :P

Rep: +0/-0Level 87
Great, thanks this should help me a lot!
i hadn't used variables much before, mainly because i didn't know a lot about what they could do, i only knew a few basic things so this has helped me more than you might have thought!
I like this site already you seem really helpfull, cheers

if i have any other problems i'll ask on this site again

thanks   

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
Solved? Add [RESOLVED] to topic title
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun