RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Deadly shooting at US university. 22+ dead - Worst in history

Banned
Rep:
Level 88
metalcore loving gay pride christian
well here is a source I just looked up:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Race_and_intelligence_(test_data)#IQ_test_score_gap_in_the_US

A Wikipedia link is not proof for anything, especially one about IQ and especially one with a {{totallydisputed}} tag.

also just look up the average IQ for america on any search engine and you'll get the same answers.

Also how about you link to all those non-wikipedia sources you've used to determine that Americans are idiots, because I can't be bothered.

Rep:
Level 90
well here is a source I just looked up:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Race_and_intelligence_(test_data)#IQ_test_score_gap_in_the_US

A Wikipedia link is not proof for anything, especially one about IQ and especially one with a {{totallydisputed}} tag.

also just look up the average IQ for america on any search engine and you'll get the same answers.

Also how about you link to all those non-wikipedia sources you've used to determine that Americans are idiots, because I can't be bothered.

I'm sorry if this has nothing to do with the topic, but I've known too many idiots here in this country personally.

The actual average is 100 because really anything above 110 is actually above average. In america it would be very possibly for the average to be lower considering the only amount of people willing to learn as most (at least in california) don't even graduate highschool. And most really don't have much commonsense. This generation anyways.

Also if you watch idocracy, although it may just be a comedy, every year the IQ average actually drops.

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
This is the last off topic thing I am going to say.

Since when did the average matter anyway? The people who want to actively increase their intelligence will do so. The people with low IQ's may be a majority, but IQ is not the only kind of smarts and intelligence there is.

As far as the shooting goes, its over. People are dead, blame is being set, lives are going on, and as far as I can tell, nobody here was personally affected by it. It is a real shame, but I'll be moving on with my life now~
« Last Edit: April 17, 2007, 06:39:23 AM by Holkeye »

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Best Musician2013 King of RMRKFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]2011 Funniest Member2011 Best MusicianMost entertaining member on the IRC2010 Most Missed Member
Not to mention IQ is completely irrelevant here. The score has too many factors to even matter, most notably age and location. You could score a 90 in one place, and go somewhere else in the world and score 20-30 points higher, because the average of that area's IQ will effect your score. Hence, going to an area full of highly educated people with excellent reasoning skills, your score will not be as high as you might think it should be.

Oh wait, this isn't a topic about IQ, it's about a school shooting, how silly of me. Non-Americans, commence commenting on how insane everyone in the US is, and Americans, continue not caring. I'm gonna go to bed.
:tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
Its not that I don't care. Its just that these things have become the norm these days. This is just another form of terrorism, and I will not let myself be frightened by it. I feel bad, yes, but it doesn't stop my life. If someone close to me happens to be gunned down in a mall or a school, then I will do my part in mourning and anger. This incident is none of my business though, and I can't claim to understand why it happened.

On a side note, it seems that there is possible evidence that the shooter was actually in America on a Visa from Shanghai. If this is true, it renders all ill comments about America in this thread irrelevant. (if they weren't already.)

Banned
Rep:
Level 88
metalcore loving gay pride christian
This is just another form of terrorism,

No it isn't. Spree killing is not in any way like terrorism except that people die in both situations. A terrorist has a greater goal in mind when he commits an act of terrorism; spree killers have achieved their goal by killing people.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2007, 07:07:54 AM by Saladin »

Rep:
Level 90
This is just another form of terrorism,

No it isn't. Spree killing is not in any way like terrorism except that people die in both situations. A terrorist has a greater goal in mind when he commits an act of terrorism; spree killers have achieved their goal by killing people.

that makes sense.

Rep:
Level 94
Notice that I said "another form of terrorism." It may not be politically-oriented, but it still causes terror. Kindly take your 83 posts and gtfo of ID.

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
Holk it really isn't terrorism at all. Terrorism incites fear into people for a purpose, this case any fear created by this is solely because peple get killed. There was no message behind the shooting. There's always a messagebehind terrorism. Just admit you're wrong already.

OMG!! IVE RUN OUT OF EYELINER!!!
Rep:
Level 88
More man than everyone here put together.
Interesting, 33 killed by some little punk with anger management issues.
Never hear about anything like that happening outside of the US, but then again mass murder is the american way of life, now isn't it?

Really, what do you expect would happen when every 5-year old can get their hands on a gun without too much trouble?

Is the option to carry a gun really worth 10,000 lives a year?

What a shame. Totally unnecessary.
The opposite of intelligence is not stupidity, it's patriotism.

Rep:
Level 88
Back with RMVX!
I'm sorry, but I'm gunna have to side with Holk. It is another form of terrorism. The objective of terrorism is to kill as many as possible, and to instill fear in those that survive.
PROPERTY OF TEABAG!!! ALL HAIL TEABAG!!!

Rep:
Level 90
I'm sorry, but I'm gunna have to side with Holk. It is another form of terrorism. The objective of terrorism is to kill as many as possible, and to instill fear in those that survive.

ter·ror·ism      /?t?r??r?z?m/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[ter-uh-riz-uhm] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–noun
1.   the use of violence and threats to intimidate or coerce, esp. for political purposes.
2.   the state of fear and submission produced by terrorism or terrorization.
3.   a terroristic method of governing or of resisting a government.

Rep:
Level 88
Keep on Baggin'
I was gonna define terrorism too..  you found a better def.

This is NOT terrorism.  There is a great difference between planned mass attacks to force a political agenda, and a single unbalanced individual who decides to shoot up his school.  It's a bad idea to start branding anything involving fear as terrorism, as it takes away from the situation.  What about a masked bank robber with a gun?  He instills fear... is he a terrorist?  If someone threatens you for your wallet, is he a terrorist?  Calling someone a terrorist implies that they are an enemy of your country, and that thought probally gives some people some comfort, that all Americans are in it together.  Well, sorry guys, but this was an attack on American students by an American student, theres no evil shadowy turban figure behind it, it's just good old fashioned mass murders.

BTW it's not just America that has this kinda crap.  A while ago there was a shooting up here in Canada, although it wasn't as bad.  This isn't a USA only kinda thing, theres fucked up kids all over the world.

Some friends mend.  Some friends depend.  Some friends lend.  Some friends send.  Friend.

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Best Musician2013 King of RMRKFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]2011 Funniest Member2011 Best MusicianMost entertaining member on the IRC2010 Most Missed Member
Its not that I don't care. Its just that these things have become the norm these days.

I didn't mean not caring about the people dying and whatnot, I meant not caring the foreigners think we're psycho gun-toting morons. ^___^ But you make a good point nonetheless.

And for those of you who think only "evil shadowy turban figures" have to be behind an attack for it to be terrorism, go kill yourself. Americans are capable of terrorism, and it doesn't necessarily have to be a politically driven attack. In addition, that's a poor definition that's been posted above, not to mention that you can't define a word with itself in the definition.
:tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 90
well I mean terrorism is used as a source of power, technically gangs, the mafia, I guess could also be considered terrorists.
But either way if your only objective is to kill people, and instill fear into people without a motive or a purpose for a higher standing then it couldn't be terrorism really.
When we look at school shootings, it's usually an act of revenge. Sometimes however they do it just for kicks. I don't think it would ever be classified as a terrorist type attack.

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
Interesting, 33 killed by some little punk with anger management issues.
Never hear about anything like that happening outside of the US, but then again mass murder is the american way of life, now isn't it?

Really, what do you expect would happen when every 5-year old can get their hands on a gun without too much trouble?

Is the option to carry a gun really worth 10,000 lives a year?

What a shame. Totally unnecessary.

Yet again, your outragous stupidy makes me want to slap the taste out of your mouth. Just stop saying any of your opninions, because you always make a retard out of yourself.

Rep:
Level 88
Said the pot to the kettle.. You really ought to re-evaluate your situation and lay off the alcohol before your opinions can even attempt to instill any sense of worth.

If it's not driven by political ambitions it cannot be classified as terrorism, it's just murder.

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
Bullshit, unlike you I actually put thought into posts in a situation like this. I'm seriously just sick of people tossing around the 'americans are cavemen with guns' crap. When ever some one spouts it it make them look incredibly ignorant.

By the way, I drink because they let people as fucking stupid as you roam the streets.

Rep:
Level 96
2010 Most Attractive Male Member2010 Best Musician
lol tippicall americans always killing each otter...   in my country noone is allowed to haev a gun bcuz this is whut happens coz they hade an gun an if they didnt this would nevar have happen... ammerica has the worst crimenals in the world 50% of americans wil be shoot with an illeagel gun nd 25% of den will dye frum thair wounds  evry one in america is a sikopath wut is rong wit u ppl
haha

:tinysmile::tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 88
*Plays the world's smallest violin*