RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Need Help With choosing an RPG Maker for a Project ...

Rep: +0/-0Level 90
" I know they await, silently, amongst the dark cathedrals and green-emerald rivers of the Sleeping City. Within I know they await, eagerly, for the return of the night. What promised have I made Israfel, to pledge God to destroy our breed forever? That, I do not know... "

- Alexander

GAME STORY

The game begins with a character walking across the Bransfield Strait, a line of thin ice that runs across western Antarctica, minutes before sunrise. The character, a young man shrouded in a cloak, is the game’s main character, Alexei Rashmaninov, a Russian prince. Turned a vampire in the middle of the Communist Revolution, Alexei, now called Alexander, wandered the world aimlessly, maintaining himself away from the affairs of the Dark Society, who watched him at the distance, labelling him an Outsider. During this time, Alexander became a villain, an artist, a murderer and a poet, writing down extensive works of violent poetry. The world as slowly accompanied him forwards towards
Now, Alexander waits the sunrise, in the deepest heart of Antarctica.
Has he reaches the centre of the plain, the sunset begins the trail the far away mountains, but before it can reach him, a distant thunder echoes in the distance. Heaven turns red, and the snowfall weakens. Alexander sighs and embraces himself, as a billowing, dark and deep voice resonates in protest for his attempted suicide. Alexander knows the voice all too well: Israfel, the angel of prophecy, sent by God to torment him since Alexander cursed the name of the All Mighty within a cathedral in Rome. Alexander openly defies the angel, who demands to know the reason for this petulant desire to die. Alexander then begins to tell his tale, a 500 year tale, from the ice steeps of Russia to the hot climate of Spain, from the lost jungles of Peru to the mysterious channels of Venice, The Sleeping City, Alexander begins to weave a tale explained in chapters of coded poetry, one that revolved around a particular poem that hid within the darkest secrets of both the Dark Society and Christianity itself.

The game itself is a more Point-And-Click graphical adventure of a great complexity in terms of storytelling. It mainly revolves by following the life of Alexander, from the moment he was turned into a vampire until he his sentenced by God to find a mysterious code hidden within a poem written by a 12th century vampire in Venice.
I could think about implanting some kind of spellcasting system, but the game is mainly graphical adventure and puzzle solving. Also, the game requires a lot of travelling around. It begins in Russia, then eventually Germany, Spain, Brazil and Peru, and it evens passes Egypt, Portugal, England and Europe.

I was just wondering. I am a seasoned user of RPG Maker since 95, but I don't truly understand a bit about programming or coding.

- What RPG Maker should I use, that could convey a greater sense of gothic and scary enviroments?

Suggestions will be heavily appreciated, specially of RPT and graphical add-ons that represent gothic enviorments and scenarios and vampiric like characters. I will present a larger, bigger and more explained topic once I have chosen the right RPG Maker.

Thank you all.

Rep:
Level 89
2012 Best RPG Maker User (Story)Project of the Month winner for May 2007Project of the Month winner for July 20082011 Best RPG Maker User (Story)2011 Project of the Year2011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
XP imo. You pretty much do everything in XP that you can in 03 but not vice versa. The only draw-back is slightly more difficult to learn.