RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
unlockables and other suh stuff

Rep: +0/-0Level 89
ok in my game you get all your campaigns from this gm. once u start the selected campign then you cannot start anther till your finished with the first. Ok so ers wat I need to know
1: how toset it so taht one you finish a camping new npc aprer and old ones disapere and nes that stay do difernet things and certain maps are locked.
2: making it so certain campigns will unlock a new campign when finished. Creating a system that unlocks new charaters an allows yo to use them on all unloked maps and campings. thanks in advane
I'LL EAT YOUR BABYS!!!

Copella
Check out my website for details about my upcoming game

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 King of RMRK2013 Best Musician2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Funniest MemberFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]2011 Funniest Member2011 Best MusicianMost entertaining member on the IRC2010 Most Missed Member
Hm... I remember explaining this to Blaze once. XD That was really hard to do.

Anyway, the way I would do it is all with switches. Make a switch at the end that turns on other NPCs etc. If you need further explanation, I'll explain later, I have to go now. (AGAIN). But, hopefully this will give you an idea on how to start going about doing it, or maybe someone will explain it for me, or will have a better method.
:tinysmile:

Rep: +0/-0Level 89
but wouldnt making that mnay ssssswtches lag the game?
I'LL EAT YOUR BABYS!!!

Copella
Check out my website for details about my upcoming game

Rep:
Level 91
Quote from: Ayden

the switches already exist -.-
5k of them exist.. it doesn't matter if you choose to use them or name them or anything, they are already there
holy shit my sig was big!

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? The nice kind of alien~
Rep:
Level 92
Martian - Occasionally kind
Quote from: blueXx
Quote from: Ayden

the switches already exist -.-
5k of them exist.. it doesn't matter if you choose to use them or name them or anything, they are already there

I'm afraid that's not true as the switches are stored in a hash.
You don't have to boggle your mind with what a hash is. All you have to know is, that this method generally keeps the amount of information needed to be stored lower than just having an array of 5000 booleans.
Still the difference in speed between using no switches and all switches (5000) is so little that you wouldn't notice anyway.

But 5000 switches fill a lot!!!
Not really. You can represent a switches by a 0 for off and 1 for on. In doing so 5000 switches would only be 5000 bits in the memory, which is 625 bytes or about 0,000596 MB (megabytes). You must have at least 128 MB for running RPG Maker XP.
As you can see the memory needed for this is insignificant. Besides RPG Maker won't check them except when necessary.
Checking the switches require time too. So do operations on and and with switches.
So having lots parallel events that do dozens of operations on switches may cause the game to lag.
Having enormous amounts of switch-operations in an non-parallel event (like Action Button) might cause a hold when the event is processed.

Conclusion:
Having many switches alone will not cause the game to lag.
Having many (very very many) operations on switches in the events may cause slowdowns.

Resident Cloud
Rep:
Level 91
im writing a script 0.0000000000001% done

for my game "mission"

the script makes a new scene called mission select

which features a word map and they can select different missions around it including some that must be completed to progress and sub-storylines

ill keep you posted

Rep:
Level 91
that's quite easy thinking about it.
copy the menus script method for the options and use a teleport to a map command when each is chosen
holy shit my sig was big!