RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Making something else appear in an event

Rep:
Level 87
Fighter: This is called a Random Encounter.
This is for RM2K3. Suppose I want an enemy (Monster Sprite) to walk into the/appear in the room during the event. Is there a way to make this happen?
« Last Edit: April 07, 2007, 09:39:21 AM by RedKnight »

Rep:
Level 88
Legend of Mana Fan
You could use a switch. Make the enemy event and on the conditions switch set it to the switch you wanted to make the enemy sprite appear. In the middle of the event, turn on the switch and the sprite will appear and turn it off to make it dissappear. Thats how I would do it.
Game I'm Working on:
-ADVENT-
Progress:
Story: 96%
Maps: 4%
Characters: 70%

Ancient Mummy
Rep:
Level 90
He is right .
Make a empty event and set it to trough and make a new page that goes on with a switch and set the sprite you want.
now out it where u want it to enter but outside the screen so you cant see it goes on else you will see it popping up and thats lame.
Finnaly use a move event

Rep:
Level 87
I'm not sure I understand. Could you elaborate a little better please? Sorry. I know I'm a newb.

Rep:
Level 88
Legend of Mana Fan
Okay, here is the steps:

1. Make the monster event and set the conditions to be a switch 1 (you could change this)Set the trigger to be action key.
-That switch is for making the monster appear and dissappear(incase you wanted to fight it...)
2. In the middle of an event, if you want to make the monster appear, turn switch 1 (or the switch you used) on. That should make the monster appear.

Well thats it!
Game I'm Working on:
-ADVENT-
Progress:

Rep:
Level 87
OK. I think I got how to make the Monster appear. Basically, I set an Event's Conditions to a Switch, then set it's Trigger to whatever, then make the Messages or whatever else I want there, then turn on the switch after the conversations, making the monster appear, then continue as usual, then turn it off to make to make the Monster dissapear, correct? If that's all correct, is there a way to make the Monster walk around, rather than the event, which is the Hero?

Rep:
Level 88
Legend of Mana Fan
Wait, do you want to make the monster appear in a cutscene or normally?

If its in a cutscene....you don't need to put anything in the event editor in the monster event. To make it walk just use the move event option in the 2nd page in the event editor.
Game I'm Working on:
-ADVENT-
Progress:

Rep:
Level 87
No No No. See, I want it to move during an event. Say, during the event/cutscene, it appears and the Main Character runs to hide somewhere. Well, I want to make the monster move to look for them. How do I do that?

Rep:
Level 88
Legend of Mana Fan
Ooh... Well in the event for the cutscene, just use the move event command from the second page of the events editor.

Oh, do you want the monster to automatically move by itself or do you want to control it?
Game I'm Working on:
-ADVENT-
Progress:

Rep:
Level 87
I wanna control it. What I mean is, make it move a certain way. Not control it as the PC. However, using Move Event makes the Hero move, not the event. And when I tried what you told me, it didn't work. The Monster was always there. Maybe I'm just not getting this. Perhaps you could explain a little better? If not, I'll stop asking and think of another way to make this event happen.

Rep:
Level 88
Legend of Mana Fan
To change who the move event command moves use the scroll down on the upper left.

For the monster...I don't know...I've tried it on my RPG maker and it worked....hmm... what did you put for the trigger? Put action key...
I tried it on both RPG maker XP and 2003... I wonder what's the problem...
Game I'm Working on:
-ADVENT-
Progress:

Rep:
Level 87
I did have it on action key. The Monster was already there though.

Rep:
Level 88
Legend of Mana Fan
Okay...thats not normal. Did you figure out the move event command?

ANd for the monster event, maybe somebody else knows whats wrong....
Game I'm Working on:
-ADVENT-
Progress:

Rep:
Level 87
I hope so. Going back to the move thing, that scroll down box and click This Event, rather than Hero? If yes, then I did figure it out. Thanks.

Rep:
Level 88
Legend of Mana Fan
Well actually, if you set it to this event....it means that the cutscene event will move. So, go to the monster's event editor. You should see the event ID on the blue thing or somewhere on the editor. Choose that ID at the move event command to make that event move.
Game I'm Working on:
-ADVENT-
Progress:

Rep:
Level 87
Man, I am not getting any of this. Can someone else please assist me?

Rep:
Level 87

Rep:
Level 88
No.. i think he some sort of Midboss
for the monsters event do you have the graphic put in already or are you using the other event to give him a graphic after the certain point?What i usually do with theses types of events is create a new empty event then use the event that is already runnning to "move event" and change graphic to the sprite i want...
« Last Edit: April 08, 2007, 12:07:37 AM by Yukimora »
"Life is a struggle; technology creates more idiot proof things, and the universe creates better idiots; so far the universe is winning" -Shino_Ryuu

Rep:
Level 87
Other event? There is no other event. Just one. And yes, he does have a graphic.

Rep:
Level 88
alright so the monsters event has all the stuff thats going on in the cutscene?
"Life is a struggle; technology creates more idiot proof things, and the universe creates better idiots; so far the universe is winning" -Shino_Ryuu

Rep:
Level 87
What? No. It's not working. OK. Here's the deal. Let me explain it again. I want the Hero to be looking at something in the room, then to hear the Monster roar, which I know how to do, then for him to hide, then for the Monster to walk into the room, to walk around the room looking for the Hero, then to walk towards the Hero, or away from them, whichever I decide. Then, more talking, then for it to end.

Rep:
Level 88
ok this is how i would do it...

1: Create a new event for the monster and for the text/ commands

2:make the text the movements for the hero etc etc...

3: Use the "move event" to change the monster from no graphic to the monster graphic and then just put in so random directions and faceings to make it look like he is searching then if you want him to get closer just put in the directions to get closerif you want it to still look like he dosnt know where the hero is maybe put in som random directions then you end this move event with another change graphic back to none if you want him to dissapear then start with the text again...

Rep:
Level 87
Alright. I'll try that. Just a moment.

Rep:
Level 87
OK...How can I explain this? I stepped on the spot where the event is triggered, and then a message happen, as I planned it, but that's where things went wrong. The Hero walked over to the spot that I wanted them to go to, but the sound effect and messages continued to proceed while he was walking, rather than waiting for him to get to his destination. Then, the monster appeared and walked around like I wanted him to, but now I can't make him dissapear, becuase there's no empty pink graphic in the move list. Also, was I supposed to select This Event in the move box, because after it ended and I walked over to the monster, I was able to step on it, and the Event happened again.

Rep:
Level 88
insert a wait for however many frames is needed(sry i dont remember if Rm2k3 has the wait option)

for the empty pink graphic it would problebly take 2 sec to make.

Rep:
Level 87
What about making the monster dissapear? And was I supposed to choose "This Event" in the move box, then use a switch to make it go away so it doesn't happen again?

Rep:
Level 88
alright you should be able to change the graphic to none throught the move event but i guess a switch would work too.

Rep:
Level 87
Hmmmm...I just got confused. No matter. I'll go try again.

Rep:
Level 88
Legend of Mana Fan
Well, instead of using the wait command, you could just use the "Proceed with movement" command on the 2nd page of the editor...
Game I'm Working on:
-ADVENT-
Progress:

Rep:
Level 87
Nothing works. I think I should just give up. What I want to happen won't happen.

Rep:
Level 88
na dont give up just experiment that how i get things done and find out new things... but its not up to me i tried my best to get it to work for you sry it didnt.

Rep:
Level 87
Yeah, I know, and I really do appreciate it, but I just can't get this to work.