RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Lineage; My first game

Rep: +0/-0Level 89
Ok, so i used to love RM2k bakc when it first came out and made lots of very short games on it. I was surfing the net a couple of week ago and found that there was a new version... Great!

So heres an anouncement my first project with RMXP, It's caled lineage. I hope i can expalin it.

Opening/Intro; 4 space pods containg 1 child each are headed for a small planet, sent by their race to conquer. Along the way one of the pods gets damaged (or is sabotaged, havnt decided yet) and takes 200 years longer to reach the destination planet.

The player wakes up in what appears to be a crash not knowing who he is. After a little exploration a strange man rushes you off into hiding. After some starter quests you find out that the current leaders of the planet are imortal and have ruled for nearly 200 years, and are searching for you. They intend to kill you because you were their prince, when they realised you hadnt made it all that time ago they took the power for themselves. Living as god among men, with their technlogy.

The strange man knew this as he was once one of there old elite knights but quit when he found out the truth.

So, so far theres you and this guy hiding from the authorities with orders to kill you. Aswell as this theres and underground movement, who kno the truth about the rulers and plan to kill them along with you for fear you might do the same.

The planet itself is a standard fantasy fare with some bits of technology injected into, especially wherever the rulers resdie.

Above is a pic of the island your pod crash lands on ( the rubble). Credits to Inq for the tileset, its awesome.

A pic of the crash site, just using rtp and a crystal charset from phylomorits, After doing this i realised that superman seems to be a source of inspriration. Dont let that put you off though im gona steer away form it abit more from here onwards.

Opinions, suggestions or feedback?

Rep:
Level 90
Well it sounds great and the world map looks brilliant, keep it up!

Rep:
Level 91
Thanks For Coming
Looks pretty cool actually, im impressed  :)

(Give us some more screens heh)

[EDIT] May wanna change the name though  :|

Thanks for the replies. Ill post more screenies when i get mroe done, Im pretty muc settign up alot of the boring stuff at the mo, and i got lots of college deadlines for monday.

As for the name, Im likely to use Lineage as a subtitlte for a main series title. You think that would work better?

Rep:
Level 91
Thanks For Coming
Lineage is a good name, but its the name of a world famous MMORPG...

A japanese one anyhow  :P

Yer, i saw it in game station the other day, Korean i Believe. Anyways, does using RTP graphics put people off? Im starting the mapping process now and wondered wether it had the same taboo as rm2k.

Edit; Got my first map screenie in the original post

Got my first character concept pinned!... Its the main character, his name is Kamza; heres an ink picture, I might turn this into a battler eventually but for now it just what im going to base my sprites on. Hope you like;

Maybe colour it tmorow or come up with more of the main casts look.

Edit; put some oclurs on it.

redone with battler.

and

fits pretty well in gmae aswell, but no screenie on that cos non of the battle stuff is sorted.

your intro kind of reminds me of dragon ball z....when goku come on earth and such....that my opinion...why did you want to name it lineage
Silence is Golden.
Duct Tape is Silver.....

..............SHAZZAM!!!!>>>>>>>I AM YOUR MASTER OF COMMAND>>>>>HAHAhahAHAHHAAHAHh only jokin'

completion: 8% (i think lol)
DEMO: http://files.filefront.com/Hero2exe/;4883008;;/fileinfo.html

Rep: +0/-0Level 90
Definately DragonBall Z'esq...
Nice maps though,and you're also a good artist.Keep feeding us!! :lol:
"Have you read your STICKY today?"

I am epic, you are not.
Rep:
Level 93
Defender of Justice
i love your mapping, but if you use rtp charsets people will be put off, and definatley get your own music, windowskins, and...battlers, of course, if you are using your own charsets

Rep:
Level 90
Yeah I like where this is going hehe. The maps are good. Personally tho, I don't really like the art style but proportions are good and the faces could use a little work but eh who cares? lol

The name is allready taken by NCSoft for there online game you know you can get sued alot of money for Name Taking...
I WANT RGE OLD FORUMS BACK

Which character are you test by Naruto - Kun.com
Wondering Quest: World War 3%

I am epic, you are not.
Rep:
Level 93
Defender of Justice
you cant get sued if you dont release it commercialy. Do you know how many people use Square Enix's music and other game's music in their games? alot.

Rep:
Level 91
Thanks For Coming
Your mapping isnt that great. The world map is fine, but the other one doesnt look right.

Grass with no cliff edge on the top right corner... just looks wrong  :whoa:

Quote from: dwarra
Your mapping isnt that great. The world map is fine, but the other one doesnt look right.

Grass with no cliff edge on the top right corner... just looks wrong  :whoa:

Like to be pefect :D
I WANT RGE OLD FORUMS BACK

Which character are you test by Naruto - Kun.com
Wondering Quest: World War 3%