RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Final Knights [New Demo!]

Rep:
Level 87
This looks quite good. I wish you luck.
Poke!
Can you dig it?

Rep:
Level 88
Thank you. Also, a new demo may come out either later today or early tomorrow. Here is what it will have.

- Gameplay extended into the town of Spring Falls.
- A tactical battle.
- Introduction of about 2 or 3 important characters.
- All party members except for 1.
- Some important story points.

I hope this demo will get me a move into Projects/Games. :blizj:

Rep:
Level 88
Critical error! I tried to put the TBS in and I am getting 2 different errors. I am going to see if I can straighten it out, but the demo will probably be delayed.

Rep:
Level 88
Another triple post?!

Anyway, I got the errors all sorted out. The message system is gone, but I have the tactical battle in the demo. I just have to edit all the speech and the demo will be up. I am about halfway done.

:tiredface: <--We need one like that. :blizj:

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
haha, good stuff. Have you tried other AMSes to see if they are compatible?

Rep:
Level 88
That is a great idea, but I already finished editing all the text. :tpg:

Anyway, new demo is up, and by George, this one should get me into Projects/Games.

Its uploading slow so give it a bit. Stupid dail-up... :blizj:

Rep:
Level 87
You're one of the cursed with dial up! >_<

I was stuck with it for years... thank goodness those days are over.
Poke!
Can you dig it?

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
Don't rub it in his face or anything :P

Rep:
Level 88
Damn you dail-up! It kicked me off the internet while the demo was uploading. Now I gotta start over. But my internet is going faster... :blizj:

Rep:
Level 88
Alright, it is finally up. Everything is there, and I'm going to sleep. I'm about half-dead right now... :blizj:

Rep:
Level 97
dling, will play tomorrow

Rep:
Level 88
Demo removed. I just found out that the game will screw up if you try to do a regular battle... I have to figure out how to have more than one battle system and simply call the TBS when I need it, But it made it the default. Anyone have any idea on what I should do?

And whoever says "You can only have one battle system" I will hurt.

Rep:
Level 88
I put up a demo, because I worked hard trying to get all the story up. I still need help with the battle systems, but I wanted to put that up.

Rep:
Level 97
Ummm, is the TBS named Scene_Battle? Because if you rename it to, say, Scene_TBS, then it won't be called up as default and you'd have regular as default, then you could call the TBS by typing $scene = Scene_TBS.new. It might be a little strange to have two types of battle systems though  :-\

Rep:
Level 88
Thnak you! I think that might do it!

And yeah, I will have 2 battle systems. It will work, you'll see. :blizj:

Rep:
Level 88
It almost works. One error. When I finish the tactical battle, this error happens...
Script 'Scene_Battle 1' line 40: ArguementError occurred.

wrong number of arguements(0 for 4)

And the game terminates. Help?

Rep:
Level 97
Is that the TBS or the default?

It means that 0 arguments are given when there should be 4 (or maybe the other way around). I am guessing that the TBS is overwriting a window that is created at that line, and so it is calling the wrong window. Look at it, it should be something like Window_XXXXXX, and see if it is overwritten by the TBS. If it is, it likely means that it is calling that window, which requires 4 arguments, when it should be calling the default one. Again, it can be fixed by renaming the class, but make sure you find all instances that that window is created and change the call appropriately

Rep:
Level 88
I really need to get some scripting knowledge. :-\

I'll check that out and try it. Thanks. You have helped me a ton.

Rep:
Level 88
Added a screenshot. :blizj:

Also, I almost have the error fixed, so the tactical battle will come in a few days probably. Things are going slow because I am working on a total of 10 projects of my own, and helping 2 friends learn how to use RMXP. :tpg:

Rep:
Level 88
All my projects will be running slower now... Since...http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,18237.msg226900.html

Anyway, this one and Cliched Game are the only projects that survived... :'(

Progress will go insanely slow now... Sorry.

Rep:
Level 97
Aww, that sucks. Well, good luck

Rep:
Level 88
Alright, again, I am changing my mind about the battle system. I'm just gonna go with the default battle system. Sorry to all who wanted my other battle system plans... I couldn't figure it all out, so I'm going for an easy approach for now. I am uploading a new demo, so try it out.
New demo features...
- Easy Party Changer by Blizzard
- Further gameplay into the bandit's fort
- And that is about all... :blizj:

Rep:
Level 97
ok, will download when I can. Looking forward to a working demo.

Also, no need to credit me for anything. All I helped with was debugging for a battle system you aren't using.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2007, 10:01:16 PM by modern algebra »

Rep:
Level 88
Alright, I finally got my internet back up. The demo now includes gameplay up until the "Living Statue" mission. I'm uploading it now, so it may take a bit.

Oh, and Modern, I credit anyone who helps me. Even if I don't use whatever they are helping me with. :blizj:

Rep:
Level 88
PSP
hehe ill go check the demo later