RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Final Knights [New Demo!]

Rep:
Level 88
What would you do...

If you could enter a world of your dreams...

A world where magic is real and there is danger...

Would you run? Would you hide?

Or... Would you fight?

Would you fight even if it meant that you and all you love would...

Perish?

STORY
Backstory
200 years ago in the land of Daien, there flourished 4 nations. Each of the nations controlled a certain element. One nation decided to attack the other nations. Chaos broke out soon after. The nations were at war with each other. 3 more factions joined in, causing even more devastation. There was one man who ruled over the entire land. He was know as the Overlord. A mysterious man and no one knew how he became the Overlord. He was the most powerful magic user in the land, able to control all the elements. He created a spell to end the war. A spell known as Final Magic. The spell was designed to remove all wrongly-used magic from the world. Hoping this would end the war, the Overlord performed the spell. However, the spell caused a kickback. It destroyed all the magic in the world, both good and bad. This caused many disasters. Eventually, half the world was destroyed. And the Overlord disappeared without a trace. Until about 20 years ago...

Main Story
Vince was bored.

Bored with his life. Bored with his home. Bored with everything. One event changed that forever. He and his friends were whisked away to a new world. The world of Daien. There they learn that they must activate eight crystals in order to be able to face the "Overlord" of this world. All goes good for a short while. That is until... Vince disappears. Then the friends search for him, not knowing that Vince knows exactly what he's doing. Even though it may well kill him. But, then... He won't have a boring life.

WARNING ABOUT STORY!
At the beginning, it sounds like its gonna be some lame Final Fantasy knock-off. Well, it changes. Things that you wouldn't think of will happen.

Spoiler for Major Spoiler: Major Plot Twist and Major Conflict!:
It turns out that all the Magic Knights have to do is kill the Overlord. However the Overlord is Vince's father. How this happened was that Vince's father and all his friend's missing relatives were the Magic Knights before him. It also turns out that the Overlord, once defeated, takes over the body of one of the Magic Knights that defeated him and uses that body to kill all the others. He then lies low for ten years, then he summons more Magic Knights in order to keep his rule and his "immortal" life. Vince notices something when he reads into the history of the Overlord. That the overlord has always possesses the Magic Knight of Darkness. Knowing this, he comes up with a plan... And that's all you get in this spoiler. :)

Playable Characters
Vince Rayen
The Main Hero

----

Weapon: Broadsword of Darkness
Element: Darkness
Description: Normally pretty laid back. Others consider him lazy even though he has an extreme desire for adventure. He gets what he wants when he gets to Daien, and a lot more. He takes responsibility for all that happens, even if it isn't his fault. After losing his father at a young age, he has been the main income in his home, so he has learned some of the hardships of life. At times, he can be considered cynical. However, he will protect his friends no matter what. Although, he is socially inept, so often doesn't realize when a girl likes him.

Mae
The Support

----

Weapon: Staff of Light
Element: Light
Description: Her family has always been somewhat separated, so she longs for other's presence. She gets nervous easily and is naive at times. She also has a stubborn side. She doesn't always speak her heart, so she is usually very indecisive. She doesn't like conflict, and doesn't like the new world at all since it always seems to just be fighting. She loves her friends, and...
Spoiler for:
...she also loves Vince.

Sinu Siku
The Average Hero

----

Weapon: Pendulum of Water
Element: Water/Ice
Description: He grew up in a rich family, but always hated it. Other people would try to be his friends only because of what he had. It took him many years, but he finally found friends in Vince, Mae, and Caleb. He wants to be strong, and always tries his hardest. However, he tends to not listen and go his own way. This usually leads him into dangerous or embarrassing moments. He also has ill feelings toward Sonya.

Rose
The Hot-Headed Girl

----

Weapons: Twin Axes of Fire
Element: Fire
Description: A fighter all the way. She was soon to be kicked out of school because of all the fights she picked with other people. She will agree to anything if it involves violence. Her morals aren't the best in the world, but she isn't evil. She never really had a family and lived with Sam most of her life. Her and Sam have a strong rivalry. And...
Spoiler for:
...She likes Sinu.

Samantha (Sam)
The Quiet Strategist

----

Weapons: Chakrams of Earth
Element: Earth
Description: Almost the complete opposite of Rose. She is a straight-A student and is very quiet. In the new world, she serves as a strategist. Her and Rose share a rivalry. Her family ran a farm, so she understands hard work. She isn't very good in battle, but her strategies make her useful. Socially inept, but not naive. She is very keen to her surroundings, but not to the feelings of others. And...
Spoiler for:
She likes Caleb.

Sonya
The Trickster

----
(Faceset coming soon)
Weapon: Arrows of Time
Element: Time
Description: She loves tricks and games. This has made her unlikable at times. She isn't very well known in Vince's hometown, but she could fix that easily. She has amazingly keen senses and helps find traps. Although, sometimes she won't tell Sinu about them just to watch him walk into them. Because of this, Sinu doesn't really like her. She is playful and slightly naive, but overall a good person. And...
Spoiler for:
...She likes Vince AND Sinu. Big problem here.

Caleb
The Normal Person

----

Weapons: Dual guns of Wind
Element: Wind/Lightning
Description: He was relived to find that his weapon in the new world was a pair of guns. He likes normalcy and just wants to go home. He's nice, simple, and just plain normal. But, he is an excellent pathfinder and marksman, so he proves very useful. And...
Spoiler for:
...You were expecting me to say he liked someone didn't you? Well, you were wrong. ::)

Jin
The elder Sister

----

Weapon: Whip of Non-elemental
Element: Non-elemental
Description: The voice of reason in the group. She tries to direct the party in the safes direction, but is usually ignored. She taught at Vince's school and was well-liked even as a teacher. As Vince's sister, she is the only family Vince has in the new world. She is stern but kind. She's quite capable in battle and a good bargainer.

Important Characters
Odin

A young boy who helps out the group with knowledge.

The Overlord

A man as old as time. He is the cause of all the chaos in Daien.

The Red Death

A mysterious assassin who has supposedly been hired by the Overlord to attack the Magic Knights.

Features
- Large world
- Up to 8 characters in battle at once
- Combination Attacks
- Weapons that get stronger as you do
- Deep story line that changes constantly
- Artwork by Jinny (My sister [Note: character name "Jin"])
- Will have 2 versions. MP3 and MIDI
- Much more...

Scripts
- Large Party by Fomar0153
- Zooming Battle Camera by XRXS [Small edit by me]
- Custom Menu System by Rune
- Blizzard's Tons of Add-Ons
- Title Screen based on Level By Eccid

Screenshots
Spoiler for Menu:

^The menu screen by Rune^
Spoiler for Battle System:

^Beginning of Battle^ Note, I'm currently trying to fix the battler's alignment.

^Select an enemy and the camera zooms in on them.^
Spoiler for Maps:

^Spring Falls^

^Oden^ (The hometown of Vince on Earth)

^Volmen^
Spoiler for Events:

^Remade warp scene^ Better than it looks, I promise.

^Jin Appears^

Progress
Maps: Real World- 80%
          Daien- 35%
Sprites- 80%
Items/Weapons/Special Moves- 90%
Scripts- 100%
Enemies- 40%
Story- 100%
Battlers- 100%? (I think I'll just want to use facesets.)
Music- MIDI- 100%
           MP3- 100%

Demo

DEMO DOWNLOAD

Known problems with Demo:

- Battle system looks very cramped when 8 people are present. Also it's hard to see the last person's health.
- Not everyone has modern clothes, yet. I'm still working on it.

If you run into an error, please tell me. That is all.

Credits
Scripting help- Modern Algebra
Icons- Ferenn
Spritesets- Cha -Rehoko -Satana
Story- Final-Knight -Merb -Sinu Siku
Music- Ghost -HalooftheSun
Artwork- Jinny
Tilesets- LoS -The Inquisitor
Scripts- Blizzard -Rune -XRXS -Eccid -Fomar0153

Related Projects
-------
Final Magic (Story of 200 years ago)
-------
Final Memory (Story of Vince's Father)
-------
Final Hope (Sequel to Final Knights)
-------
Final Chance (The Grand Finale)
-------

Well, any comments? :blizj:
« Last Edit: April 14, 2008, 10:58:18 PM by Revo »

Rep:
Level 87
^^Will Kill You^^
"It started badly, it tailed off a little in the middle and the less said about the end the better — but apart from that it was excellent."

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
hm...naming a game after your username (or other way around) slick move. =D

also says 75% done with maps, so screenshots?  :lol:
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

Rep:
Level 88
Yeah, I meant to do that... Kinda forgot... I'll put them in as soon as I can...

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
No problem. =D
put them up when your ready.

pokeball JAPOfflineFemale
I used to know nothing
Rep:
Level 89
Good idea, though cliche (man it seems my hands love this word so much :P). Well, sorry. It's just... Okay, forget bout the story.

Why don't you add more details in characters?
By the way, Axer sounds... weird? I think Axewoman is better (though I still think it's weird too).

Rep:
Level 88
Well, I got the screenshots up. I'm hoping someone can help come up with some of those class names.. I agree with you, jap0911, Axer is wierd.. And I know it is cliche. It will get better as more of the story comes.

I used to know nothing
Rep:
Level 89
Okay I'll help a bit with classes names.
For Axer:
Axewoman
Axegirl
Warrior
Axe Knight

Hope that gives you some hints (help if it fits).

Rep:
Level 88
I'll probably use Worrior or Axe Knight. Thanks for the help!

I used to know nothing
Rep:
Level 89
Glad I'm useful. ^_^ Don't hesitate to ask any classes name help to me.

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
mapping can use work. too many empty spots can make a great game turn boring with no visuals while walking around.

I will show you two maps I made using the tilesets you show.

Rep:
Level 88
Thanks for the tip. And by the way, your maps look awesome.

Rep:
Level 88
Back with RMVX!
Yeah, Nouman's an awsome mapper.
PROPERTY OF TEABAG!!! ALL HAIL TEABAG!!!

Rep:
Level 88
Updated characters. Now there is pics.

Rep:
Level 88
FK, I'm gonna steal your Classroom ways. 8) And Ill use faces made with Charas... Maybe.

Rep:
Level 88
Stealing my classroom ways? Go right ahead. Ha! Now you aren't stealing!

Rep:
Level 88
I hope someone told you to make a huge town, fun... Cos from the looks of it... Most boring town ever...

Rep:
Level 88
Please remember that all these maps are still works in progress. I'm not done with them. Not by a longshot.

Rep:
Level 88
Im in the making of a Blackboard set cos I want it to follow my schools boringness. ;8

I used to know nothing
Rep:
Level 89
The faces great! I know you use FaceMaker but it's still so great. WHY? Because it fits with the characters's personality!  8)

Rep:
Level 88
Yeah, Facemaker is great. I'm gonna post some new screenshots soon. When do you think is a good time to release a demo?

Rep:
Level 88
Alright, I updated the first post with some actual spoilers for the characters. I updated the villages. They look better now. I also updated my Progress. Oh, and new screenshots.

Rep:
Level 88
RESTARTED!! I am working on this one a lot right now. Completely redid first post. I'll put up pics and stuff later. Demo will come soon... I hope.

Communication begins with understanding
Rep:
Level 89
Project of the Month winner for October 2007
Take your time, and don't rush. :)

Rep:
Level 89
I is my hero!
Can't wait to see some more progress!

Rep:
Level 88
I updated the first post. Added screens, character pics, and more spoilers. Demo will be coming soon. ;D

Rep:
Level 88
Put up a short demo. Enjoy! :)

Rep:
Level 90
hm...naming a game after your username (or other way around) slick move. =D

also says 75% done with maps, so screenshots?  :lol:

I named my user name after my game Maia :-) My real name is ... wait I'm not telling anyone :-)
community project for RPG Maker VX: http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,33789.0.html

Rep:
Level 88
Found some bugs and fixed them.

New demo is coming later today. It will be longer and actually have battles :P

Just a little farther...

Communication begins with understanding
Rep:
Level 89
Project of the Month winner for October 2007
I will try the demo when I have time. :lol:

Rep:
Level 88
Ah... The demo may come tomorrow... I hit a problem... ;9

Rep:
Level 88
Alright. I fixed the problem. New Demo is up! Try it out!

Rep:
Level 87
i would never blame that on u T_T
Laugh untill we cry,
Dance untill we die.

Rep:
Level 88
Blame what on... Oh... Heh... ;)

Anyway, any comments other than that?

moew
Rep:
Level 91
Queen Princess
2013 Most Missed Member2012 Most Missed Member;o hee hee <3For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki
I got some. You should make the

Spoiler for:
Orb scene a bit more dramatic.

And a minor thing I found.

Spoiler for:
When you get Mae and Sinu, in one of Sinus dialogs it say p\[002].

Other than that, great job!
:taco: :taco: :taco:

Rep:
Level 88
The
Spoiler for:
Orb scene (Why are we putting this in spoilers?)
Will be one of the animated scenes. And it will be comepletely different. The scene I have there right now is more like a placeholder.

And I'll fix the dialog problem.

Thanks for your comments. ;D

moew
Rep:
Level 91
Queen Princess
2013 Most Missed Member2012 Most Missed Member;o hee hee <3For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki
You're welcome.  ;8 I should have remembered that
Spoiler for:
orb thingy
from the first demo.

Rep:
Level 88
Yeah, there will be many animated scenes. I have a friend working on them. She is working on the first scenes first so I may be able to put them in a demo soon.

moew
Rep:
Level 91
Queen Princess
Your 'up-coming' battle system sounds a lot like Grandia 1's battle system <_<'

Rep:
Level 89
In my personal opinion, you are very excited to release demos and because of that there is lack of work time and quality. The demo wasnt terrible, it was good. THough i just think you should halt the demos for a bit and just work on your mapping the ABS and the tidbits that need to be done.
Thats my advice

J man

Rep:
Level 88
Alright. Thanks for the tips. The ABS may take a looooong time to make though. So it won't be in a demo for a while. The demos right now are to show the story. And it will be a while before another demo comes. ;9

Yeah, its inspired by Grandia 3.

Rep:
Level 88
I'm currently working on a world map. It is about 50% done. I'll post it here when I get it done.

Rep:
Level 88
Triple post?!

Oh well, I have updated the first post with more stuff, such as the battle systems I will use. And my almost done map.

(Sorry, no new demo... I'm almost there.)

Here is a mildly big spoiler about the story because I want to tell a little bit...
Spoiler for:
The story will seem quite cliche for a good while, but later the story will be changing a lot. Vince will leave, and the group will be searching for him while taking missions for the mercenary group they make. They will meet many people in thier travels, and in one mission they meet with Vince, but get seperated almost immedatly. And near the beginning of the game they will find motorcycles powered by magic. The original mission(to get back home) is almost lost, but it eventually comes back. There is a lot of stuff I want to tell everyone about this game, but it would take too long.

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Best Use Of Avatar And Signature Space
Sounds like it will be good. Keep working at it. ;D

Rep:
Level 87

^ that made me wet myself. If you got a script for weapon levels then >_> I'm going to ...DO A BARREL ROLL!

lawl but no seriously, grandia 1 script FTMFWHY!

Rep:
Level 88

^ that made me wet myself. If you got a script for weapon levels then >_> I'm going to ...DO A BARREL ROLL!

lawl but no seriously, grandia 1 script FTMFWHY!

Er... What? I'm chatspeak illiterate, so I have no idea on what you said on that last line...

And I still need the weapon script. But that is the only script I need.

Rep:
Level 87
For The Mother F****** Win Hell Yeah!

-cough- >_> sorreh.

Rep:
Level 88
Its alright. However, I'm not going to use that battle system anymore. It would of gotten too confusing.

Rep:
Level 88
PSP
awwww =( i like other battle system coz personaly i dun like the default battle system any way hope you complete your game =)

Rep:
Level 88
Sorry, but the battle systems now are better. The old one would of been awesome, but it would of been way too hard for me.

Rep:
Level 87
This looks quite good. I wish you luck.
Poke!
Can you dig it?

Rep:
Level 88
Thank you. Also, a new demo may come out either later today or early tomorrow. Here is what it will have.

- Gameplay extended into the town of Spring Falls.
- A tactical battle.
- Introduction of about 2 or 3 important characters.
- All party members except for 1.
- Some important story points.

I hope this demo will get me a move into Projects/Games. :blizj:

Rep:
Level 88
Critical error! I tried to put the TBS in and I am getting 2 different errors. I am going to see if I can straighten it out, but the demo will probably be delayed.

Rep:
Level 88
Another triple post?!

Anyway, I got the errors all sorted out. The message system is gone, but I have the tactical battle in the demo. I just have to edit all the speech and the demo will be up. I am about halfway done.

:tiredface: <--We need one like that. :blizj:

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Best Use Of Avatar And Signature Space
haha, good stuff. Have you tried other AMSes to see if they are compatible?

Rep:
Level 88
That is a great idea, but I already finished editing all the text. :tpg:

Anyway, new demo is up, and by George, this one should get me into Projects/Games.

Its uploading slow so give it a bit. Stupid dail-up... :blizj:

Rep:
Level 87
You're one of the cursed with dial up! >_<

I was stuck with it for years... thank goodness those days are over.
Poke!
Can you dig it?

Rep:
Level 97
Don't rub it in his face or anything :P

Rep:
Level 88
Damn you dail-up! It kicked me off the internet while the demo was uploading. Now I gotta start over. But my internet is going faster... :blizj:

Rep:
Level 88
Alright, it is finally up. Everything is there, and I'm going to sleep. I'm about half-dead right now... :blizj:

Rep:
Level 97
dling, will play tomorrow

Rep:
Level 88
Demo removed. I just found out that the game will screw up if you try to do a regular battle... I have to figure out how to have more than one battle system and simply call the TBS when I need it, But it made it the default. Anyone have any idea on what I should do?

And whoever says "You can only have one battle system" I will hurt.

Rep:
Level 88
I put up a demo, because I worked hard trying to get all the story up. I still need help with the battle systems, but I wanted to put that up.

Rep:
Level 97
Ummm, is the TBS named Scene_Battle? Because if you rename it to, say, Scene_TBS, then it won't be called up as default and you'd have regular as default, then you could call the TBS by typing $scene = Scene_TBS.new. It might be a little strange to have two types of battle systems though  :-\

Rep:
Level 88
Thnak you! I think that might do it!

And yeah, I will have 2 battle systems. It will work, you'll see. :blizj:

Rep:
Level 88
It almost works. One error. When I finish the tactical battle, this error happens...
Script 'Scene_Battle 1' line 40: ArguementError occurred.

wrong number of arguements(0 for 4)

And the game terminates. Help?

Rep:
Level 97
Is that the TBS or the default?

It means that 0 arguments are given when there should be 4 (or maybe the other way around). I am guessing that the TBS is overwriting a window that is created at that line, and so it is calling the wrong window. Look at it, it should be something like Window_XXXXXX, and see if it is overwritten by the TBS. If it is, it likely means that it is calling that window, which requires 4 arguments, when it should be calling the default one. Again, it can be fixed by renaming the class, but make sure you find all instances that that window is created and change the call appropriately

Rep:
Level 88
I really need to get some scripting knowledge. :-\

I'll check that out and try it. Thanks. You have helped me a ton.

Rep:
Level 88
Added a screenshot. :blizj:

Also, I almost have the error fixed, so the tactical battle will come in a few days probably. Things are going slow because I am working on a total of 10 projects of my own, and helping 2 friends learn how to use RMXP. :tpg:

Rep:
Level 88
All my projects will be running slower now... Since...http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,18237.msg226900.html

Anyway, this one and Cliched Game are the only projects that survived... :'(

Progress will go insanely slow now... Sorry.

Rep:
Level 97
Aww, that sucks. Well, good luck

Rep:
Level 88
Alright, again, I am changing my mind about the battle system. I'm just gonna go with the default battle system. Sorry to all who wanted my other battle system plans... I couldn't figure it all out, so I'm going for an easy approach for now. I am uploading a new demo, so try it out.
New demo features...
- Easy Party Changer by Blizzard
- Further gameplay into the bandit's fort
- And that is about all... :blizj:

Rep:
Level 97
ok, will download when I can. Looking forward to a working demo.

Also, no need to credit me for anything. All I helped with was debugging for a battle system you aren't using.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2007, 10:01:16 PM by modern algebra »

Rep:
Level 88
Alright, I finally got my internet back up. The demo now includes gameplay up until the "Living Statue" mission. I'm uploading it now, so it may take a bit.

Oh, and Modern, I credit anyone who helps me. Even if I don't use whatever they are helping me with. :blizj:

Rep:
Level 88
PSP
hehe ill go check the demo later

Rep:
Level 88
Heh, thanks for waiting. The demo is now up. Hope you enjoy it.

AND, I hope it gets me into Projects/Games. :blizj:

Rep:
Level 97
glitched. I am guessing you have a move event in this event, but you were acting on the assumption that the player would talk to the girl from the right, not the bottom, and you have him moving down. Anyway, here is a screen:

It's not devastating though, so leave the demo up for now. I'll get back to you once I play through the demo with comments. So far, my only complaint is that the modern world looks too primitive. It shouldn't have dirt roads and the houses should look more modern. As well, the character clothes are out of place, nobody wears cloaks these days.

Rep:
Level 88
Ah, yes. Thanks for catching that. And as for the town... That is kinda what my hometown looks like... ;9

And I'm working on some sprites for the Real world. Those are just temporary.

Rep:
Level 88
Sorta Update...

No new demo, but I fixed that glitch Modern was talking about. I'm now working on new sprites for the "Real World" or as it is now called, "Oden"(That is the town's name).
And it may be a long time before a new demo comes for these reasons...
- I'm trying to find a good Custom Menu System (The one I found is severely glitched.)
- I'm going to try to double the amount of gameplay in the next demo.
- I HAVE to get some animated scenes from my friend before I can do some events.
- I'm working an another project that is taking up a lot of my time.
- And, I have a job now... ;9

Rep:
Level 88
PROJECT RELOADED

Just not restarted. I'm redoing a lot of the events, the main characters have new sprites since I think these are more fitting, story has changed a small bit, "Mira" is now called "Sonya". Why? Turns out Mira in Korean means "Mommy". ;8

Anyway, the old demo is still up, check it out if you want, you'll get a bit of the story, but the new demo coming will be better made, different story, and will look different.

That is all. :blizj:

Rep:
Level 88
I got my sister Jin to let me upload some of her sketches for my game. Here they are!

Picture 1: The Girls!

From left to right: Mae, Sam, Rose, Sonya, Jin

Picture 2: Sinu!

The lower head is Vince. I don't have a picture of him just yet.

Picture 3: Caleb!

He got a page all to himself! :tpg:

Anyway, that is all for now. This also gives you a very small taste of what Jin's art is like. She's gonna work on these some more and get them colored soon.

Rep:
Level 88
Holy crap! 5 posts in a row. (That can't be good. ;9 )

Anyway, soon, I'm going to make a trailer-demo like the one in "Scarred". It will contain key plot points, so watch at your own risk!

It depresses me that it seems like no one cares about this project... ;9

Rep:
Level 97
Those sketches look great.

And don't be depressed, it is just "no major update" syndrome. It happens to every project when there is a long time between demos  :police:

Rep:
Level 88
Yeah, you're right. :tpg:

Anyway, Demo-Trailer is almost finished. (It'll be a lot longer than the one for Scarred.)

Updates for the regular game. I have been busy reloading (And re-doing) a lot of the game. The scene where the party is warped to Daien is completely different and much better. I enhanced the maps some more, the character sprites fit better, I actually have sprites for the home world, and much more.

Character Reloading: Finished!
Map Reloading: 75%
Event Reloading: 90%

Other changes:
- New Title screen
- New window skin
- Facesets for battlers (Until I can get some new battlers)
- Names are now in color!

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Randomizer - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Best Veteran2011 Kindest Member2010 Best RPG Maker User (Story)2010 Best RPG Maker User (Technical)
How's the demo/trailer coming?

Rep:
Level 88
Coming along nicely. I'm making it longer than I originally thought so it'll take me a bit longer.

Update:
Reloading: Completely finished!

Rep:
Level 88
Updates and Such:

Decided to not make a demo-trailer. Why? I didn't really want to. :P

Am now officially finished with 1/8 of the game. Next demo will come when I am about 1/4 finished.

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Randomizer - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Best Veteran2011 Kindest Member2010 Best RPG Maker User (Story)2010 Best RPG Maker User (Technical)
You're mean. Making us wait to play a demo...  :'(

Oh well, I suppose I'll just have to wait with everyone else. Let us know when the demo is ready.

Rep:
Level 88
The demo may take a while now that I've gotten the bright idea of adding in something special. I want to try to make this game look different from all the other RMXP games out there.

But that's really hard.... :-\ But, I will try! And probably fail... And then try again! And then maybe succeed! :tpg:

Rep:
Level 88
Holy crap! I actually did something quick! I'm now working my ass off trying to get an awesome demo ready. I have a good group of updates here for you.

Battle System updates:
- Up to 8 people in battle AT ONCE. This means enemies will be much harder to kill.
- Every time you attack the camera zooms in on the enemy. Doesn't sound like much, but it is a nice addition.

Assorted updates:
- No more party changing! Since all the characters will be in the party at once.
- I know I said I was using Rune's CMS but I have another one that I'm using, but I'll correct that tomorrow as my sugar high is fading. :P
- Mapping looks better, eventing is smoother, dialog is much better, and other assorted little things.

Anyway, check the first post for updated info. I've changed the character bios to make them more detailed. (I've been putting that off way to long) I added a major spoiler to the story. (Read at your own risk.) Added in the projects that are related to this one that I'm working on. (Yes, there is more to the story than just this game!) I will add new screenshots up as soon as I go home. (I'm at friend's house) And...

DEMO COMING 4/13/08

Whooooooo!! Yeah, I'm on fire! I hope this surge of excitement over the progress on this game isn't just the soda... Or I'm gonna need more soda!

Anyway, I figure I'm gonna crash soon. So that's all!

[Note: Before going back through this message and correctly spelling everything, it had 57 typos. This note had 5 6. Sugar rush rocks! :tpg: ]

Rep:
Level 88
Added screenshots. Also, I will be using Rune's CMS as I found out it supports 8 characters.

Rep:
Level 88
Well, the demo is coming along as planned.

I think I've finally decided something. This game isn't going to be very innovative or anything the thing that will make it good is the story. It will have some custom stuff, but the emphasis will be on the story.

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
Project of the Month winner for October 2008
Around two more weeks to go, eh?
Good luck Final-Knight ;D
Be kind, everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

Rep:
Level 88
Well, the demo is finished to the point that I wanted it to be. But, I'll still post it on 4/13. I might take this extra time to make some parts of it better. Or add in a minigame I've been working on! ;D

Rep:
Level 88
DEMO DOWNLOAD

I'm a day late, oh well. Known problems with Demo:

- Battle system looks very cramped when 8 people are present. Also it's hard to see the last person's health.
- Not everyone has modern clothes, yet. I'm still working on it.

If you run into an error, please tell me. That is all.