RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Subliminal Messages

I'M SUPERMAN!
Rep:
Level 88
HURR DE DURRR
Alright, I'd like to know what you all think about subliminal messages in the media.
Examples:

Modern day Disney: It's all a bunch a liberal bullshit mixed with PETA and Greenpeace.

The Last Mimzy: Saying that "even kids can change the world", when no one really gives a fuck about what a seven year old says.

News on T.V.: It's all liberally biased, and misinforming. it's exactly what Hitler did.

Just leave opinions and other things including messages hidden underneath them.
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

HELLS YEAH
Rep:
Level 88
Alright, I'd like to know what you all think about subliminal messages in the media.
Examples:

Modern day Disney: It's all a bunch a liberal bullshit mixed with PETA and Greenpeace.

The Last Mimzy: Saying that "even kids can change the world", when no one really gives a fuck about what a seven year old says.

News on T.V.: It's all liberally biased, and misinforming.
Just leave opinions and other things including messages hidden underneath them.
Edited to remove stupid reference to Hitler.

Now, what the fuck'd you just say?
Quote from: Elegy
It's fucking sad that you and the cat can't stick to the subject and even attempt to defend your little bullshit religion without jumping to personal attacks, maybe thats because evolution is such a stupid idea it's hard to back it up with any claims pertaining to reality.

Communism<3
Rep:
Level 91
Ahh, actual subliminal messages have been proven to be ineffective, completely, and what your talking about seems to be plain advertising. They control news stories for ratings, and telling kids to believe in themselves doesn't seem like a bad thing to me.

There is nothing at all to fear about advertising in telling us to smoke below the threshold of consciousness, as it doesn't work, the brain knows something is there, but doesn't register anything specific.

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
No offense, but this is another meaningless topic. Of course media is going to be biased. Its nearly impossible to have an account of events without leaning toward a side. And The Last Mimzy? Who even cares?

Absolutely the one chosen by fadark
Rep:
Level 94
GAAAAAAAAY
TEH LAST MIMZY WILL BE THE GREATEST MOVIE EVER!!1!oneone11!1  YOU SHUT UP HOLK.  Also, I dissagree with your views, and I am a heartless bastard.

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
TEH LAST MIMZY WILL BE THE GREATEST MOVIE EVER!!1!oneone11!1  YOU SHUT UP HOLK.

Lol...

I'M SUPERMAN!
Rep:
Level 88
HURR DE DURRR
Ahh, actual subliminal messages have been proven to be ineffective, completely, and what your talking about seems to be plain advertising. They control news stories for ratings, and telling kids to believe in themselves doesn't seem like a bad thing to me.

There is nothing at all to fear about advertising in telling us to smoke below the threshold of consciousness, as it doesn't work, the brain knows something is there, but doesn't register anything specific.

Than how do you explain the "Peace Project" in my school literally saying that 5-7 year old's can accomplish anything. And that love will conquer all. i mean God, they even painted fuckin mailboxes without the owner's consent telling people to hand in fire arms, and got nothing but praise! They're trying to eliminate one of the Bills in the Bill of Rights! They even quote modern Disney movies, and try to make those "miracles" happen!

Where did these ideas spring from?! Not their parents, I've met them, and they all are super conservative, and hate Disney for false allogations.
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

Communism<3
Rep:
Level 91
Yeah I heard that Walt Disney had some type of shady doings put on him, forget what it was.

But it sounds like your talking about supraliminal, not sub, messages that are plain to see. Are you talking about subliminal, as in messages sent in a low frequency, or just images and words plainly seen as an "idea planting" method??

I'M SUPERMAN!
Rep:
Level 88
HURR DE DURRR
Almost forcing someone to agree with what is being said.
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
See, what you have is not a problem with subliminal messages. Oh no. What your probem is is that you are living in a town that is infested with over-reactive activist morons. In simpler terms, you have an infestation of idiots. Call an "exterminator", or quite easily, gtfo of dodge.

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Best Use Of Avatar And Signature Space

Than how do you explain the "Peace Project" in my school literally saying that 5-7 year old's can accomplish anything. And that love will conquer all. i mean God, they even painted fuckin mailboxes without the owner's consent telling people to hand in fire arms, and got nothing but praise! They're trying to eliminate one of the Bills in the Bill of Rights! They even quote modern Disney movies, and try to make those "miracles" happen!

Where did these ideas spring from?! Not their parents, I've met them, and they all are super conservative, and hate Disney for false allogations.

I'm guessing they originate in the school system and when it is explicitly promoted and taught it is probably a mild form of indoctrination: nothing subliminal about it. In my school, we were given Unicef boxes to carry around on Halloween. On some level, all schooling is a mild form of indoctrination. Subliminal messages don't really bother me. I don't care if the sand swirl in aladdin spells out sex :P And the fact that all the enemies from the Lion King are dark-skinned never gave me an impression that black people were bad. I think people over-react.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2007, 07:15:18 PM by modern algebra »

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
In my old High School, I Subliminize message!

Licks
Rep:
Level 91
Sexual Deviant
They used to use subliminal advertising in old McDonalds commericals. It would make people hungry. I wish I could do that >:)