RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Favorite Music Genre

Poll

Which is your favorite type of music?

Rock
Punk
Metal
Rap/Hip-Hop
R&B
Jazz
Pop
Funk
Rhythm and blues
Latin American
Funk
Country
Electro / Electro Funk
Electronic dance music
Electronica
Melodic
Classical
Ska
Reggae
Dub
Contemporary African
Ambient
Instrumental
Trance
Techno
Melodic Trance
Goa
Hardtrance
Acid
Gothic
Power Metal
Black Metal
Death Metal
Heavy Metal
Dance
Folk
Swing
Emo

EXA
Rep:
Level 92
Pikachu on a toilet
Project of the Month winner for April 2007
Get King of Booze for Android, for iOS, for OUYA or for Windows!
Visit our website.
You can also love/hate us on Facebook or the game itself.

Get DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is!

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
Project of the Month winner for April 2008
Fuck genres.

My favorite music is the music that sounds good to me.
I go to that Point when it's about those bands and singers.

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
My favorite bands are Lost Horizon, Protest the Hero, Bjork, Rush, and David Arkenstone. You can see that I like a lot of styles.

OMG!! IVE RUN OUT OF EYELINER!!!
Rep:
Level 88
More man than everyone here put together.
I should've known that you would like Fall Out Boy. You look like you could be in one of their videos making out with their bass player. Those guys are dicks.

Pete? I don't know, maybe if I was really drunk.
Although I wouldn't mind Matt from 'From First To Last' or Davey from 'AFI'.
The opposite of intelligence is not stupidity, it's patriotism.

Rep:
Level 96
2010 Most Attractive Male Member2010 Best Musician
Is Davey the one that looks like a queer?

Oh wait, they all do.

Actually, I like AFI. Not the old stuff, though.

:tinysmile::tinysmile:

OMG!! IVE RUN OUT OF EYELINER!!!
Rep:
Level 88
More man than everyone here put together.
The opposite of intelligence is not stupidity, it's patriotism.

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
I like AFI, too, but I don't like anything after The Art Of Drowning. To me, Black Sails in the Sunset is their best, and AoD is second.

Fuck mandarines, I'm the real thing.
Rep:
Level 88
0_0
Fuck genres.

I go to that Point when it's about those bands and singers.
That, and my taste changes too frequently to choose genres or favorite bands. I'll usually like at most 3 songs of one band/singer. More than 3 is rare.
My cycle:
Like a song -> Listen to it frequently (and nothing else) -> Find another song later -> Go back to 2nd phase
I feel really lame...

Rep:
Level 96
2010 Most Attractive Male Member2010 Best Musician
Jeez. It's very rare for me to NOT like a song from a band I'm already into.

Or, rather, it's rare for me to NOT like a song on a particular album that I'm already into.

:tinysmile::tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 88
0_0
Jeez. It's very rare for me to NOT like a song from a band I'm already into.

Or, rather, it's rare for me to NOT like a song on a particular album that I'm already into.
Well I DO have those bands that I really really like and that I love all their songs on an album, but it hasn't happened in a long while (the last one was The Starting Line's Based On a True Story, but that was almost more than 2 years ago).

Rep:
Level 94
I played with The Starting Line a long time ago. They were nice people. That was one of the first big shows I ever played. It was The Starting Line, Finch, Brand New, and us.

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
Fuck genres.

TRUE. I AGREE WITH HIM.

but the music which doesnt sound good to me, is usually death metal (as Halo says) or maybe i like it
dunno just to loud and....WHAWHAOHTEOWHTOWEHee.

;-;
Arlen is hot.

Rep:
Level 88
0_0
I played with The Starting Line a long time ago. They were nice people. That was one of the first big shows I ever played. It was The Starting Line, Finch, Brand New, and us.
Us meaning?

Rep:
Level 94
I used to be in a band. Well, two bands actually. My latter one was called Coat Of Arms. We broke up before we could really get widespread, but we played with some awesome bands, and played Warped one year. If you want to hear us, go to www.myspace.com/coatofarmsmusic

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Best Non-RM Creator2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)2013 Best IRC ChatterboxParticipant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Funniest Member2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Best IRC ChatterboxSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Best IRC Chatterbox
I used to be in a band. Well, two bands actually. My latter one was called Coat Of Arms. We broke up before we could really get widespread, but we played with some awesome bands, and played Warped one year. If you want to hear us, go to www.myspace.com/coatofarmsmusic
Are you serious? You guys rocked!
Which one are you?

EXA
Rep:
Level 92
Pikachu on a toilet
Project of the Month winner for April 2007
LOL, perfect example of the repetetive, cliche, predictable talent lacking stuff I hate so much :tpg:

Here's something that isn't repetetive. ;)

http://www.sendspace.com/file/wyqsop
Get King of Booze for Android, for iOS, for OUYA or for Windows!
Visit our website.
You can also love/hate us on Facebook or the game itself.

Get DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is!

Rep:
Level 94
Which one are you?

I am the drummer, and thank you.

Rep:
Level 88
0_0
Which one are you?

I am the drummer, and thank you.
O hey, i've hard of you guys...
When I used to go on Purevolume a lot (before everyone else and their mom did)I think I saw your page somewhere...
The first time I was on there was when I found TSL, so it wasn't too long ago.

Rep:
Level 87
Punk 
Metal
Gothic 
Power Metal   
Black Metal 
Death Metal 
Heavy Metal
Emo

Anything with fancy guitars, fast and intricate drumming, lots of bass and a throaty scream (with a sexy voice occassionaly) is fucking good for me.

Rep:
Level 94
You should listen to:

Saosin
He Is Legend
Protest the Hero
At The Drive-In
HORSE the Band
Lost Horizon
Circa Survive
Strung Out

Rep:
Level 87
I have listened to Saosin, I like them.

Haven't heard the rest though.

Rep:
Level 88
MAN! you forgot zen!!!!
It's from a movie, and is like just yelling and gunshots and shit!
Its fucking whack!

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
Punk 
Metal
Gothic 
Power Metal   
Black Metal 
Death Metal 
Heavy Metal
Emo

Anything with fancy guitars, fast and intricate drumming, lots of bass and a throaty scream (with a sexy voice occassionaly) is fucking good for me.

wintersun
megadeth
anthrax
testament (thrash and "demonic" is a great deth metal album)
Vader
NILE < takes some getting used to
amon amarth
AT THE GATES
Blind Guardian
Vital Remains.
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

Rep:
Level 90
Go away Hakumen...
METAL PWNS ALL!!!
"Think outside the box, collapse the box, and take a fucking sharp knife to it." - Banksy