RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Favorite Music Genre

Poll

Which is your favorite type of music?

Rock
Punk
Metal
Rap/Hip-Hop
R&B
Jazz
Pop
Funk
Rhythm and blues
Latin American
Funk
Country
Electro / Electro Funk
Electronic dance music
Electronica
Melodic
Classical
Ska
Reggae
Dub
Contemporary African
Ambient
Instrumental
Trance
Techno
Melodic Trance
Goa
Hardtrance
Acid
Gothic
Power Metal
Black Metal
Death Metal
Heavy Metal
Dance
Folk
Swing
Emo

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Best Non-RM Creator2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)2013 Best IRC ChatterboxParticipant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Funniest Member2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Best IRC ChatterboxSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Most Successful Troll
What's your favorite music genre?
Feel free to discuss, or suggest a poll option.

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
Project of the Month winner for April 2008
=/ Instrumental, And it ain't there.

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Best Non-RM Creator2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)2013 Best IRC ChatterboxParticipant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Funniest Member2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Best IRC ChatterboxSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Most Successful Troll

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
WHO ARE YOU TO SAY WE CAN ONLY HAVE FOUR FAVORITES? OR THAT WE CAN'T LISTEN TO SPEED METAL?!

EXA
Rep:
Level 92
Pikachu on a toilet
Project of the Month winner for April 2007
You forgot Trance, Techno, Melodic Trance, Goa Trance, Hardtrance, Acid Trance, Gothic, Power Metal, Black Metal, Death Metal, Heavy Metal... Well, you get the point...

EDIT:
Dance, Folk.
Get King of Booze for Android, for iOS, for OUYA or for Windows!
Visit our website.
You can also love/hate us on Facebook or the game itself.

Get DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is!

OMG!! IVE RUN OUT OF EYELINER!!!
Rep:
Level 88
More man than everyone here put together.
Post-Hardcore, reggae, punk and classical/opera.

And Techno, Trance, Rap etc. aren't even music, they're something, thats for sure, but it's not music.
The opposite of intelligence is not stupidity, it's patriotism.

EXA
Rep:
Level 92
Pikachu on a toilet
Just lol. Where is written that it's not music? You've never heard a decent Trance song obviously.
Visit our website.

Holier then Jesus.
Rep:
Level 87
No techno uses notes and by my rules if it uses notes in cordination with each other then it is music

Rep:
Level 102
Post-Hardcore, reggae, punk and classical/opera.

And Techno, Trance, Rap etc. aren't even music, they're something, thats for sure, but it's not music.
Oh, your pic reminded me to add emo.

Rep:
Level 88
Quote from: Blizzard
You've never heard a decent Trance song obviously.

And I never will.

EXA
Rep:
Level 92
Pikachu on a toilet
Visit our website.

( ´ิ(ꈊ) ´ิ) ((≡^⚲͜^≡)) (ી(΄◞ิ౪◟ิ‵)ʃ)
Rep:
Level 102
(っ˘ڡ˘ς) ʕ•̼͛͡•ʕ-̺͛͡•ʔ•̮͛͡•ʔ (*ꆤ.̫ꆤ*)
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2011 Most Unsung Member2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
Astral Projection - Infinite Justice

The name is already intriguing. =P

LOL, perfect example of the repetetive, cliche, predictable talent lacking stuff I hate so much :tpg:
bringing sexy back

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
Punk, Metal, Ambient, Power Metal, and Emo. But only good Emo. Not shitty bandwagon bands like Hawthorne Heights and Fall Out Boy. Those bands can burn in hell. Im talking about bands like Red Animal War, and Cursive.

EXA
Rep:
Level 92
Pikachu on a toilet
LOL, perfect example of the repetetive, cliche, predictable talent lacking stuff I hate so much :tpg:

But isn't nearly every genre like that? I don't think calling a genre a cliche has much sense, since it's a genre: It just has to be like that to be within the genre. =/
Visit our website.

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
Heavy metal. More THRASH.
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

Rep:
Level 88
Badmouthing Fall Out Boy? :'( You're getting a minus in rep for that one..

Rep:
Level 102
Badmouthing Fall Out Boy? :'( You're getting a minus in rep for that one..
You get -rep for -ing rep because people don't like your little band.

Rep:
Level 88
Yay, more -rep! ^_^

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
Ya, don't -rep people for not liking your stuff..
I dislike them as well xD
and:
sum 41
Green day
Fallout boy
Good charlot
metallica ( YES I SAID I LIKE THRASH AND I SAID I DON"T LIKE THEM STFU)
ALMOST ALL NEW BANDS
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

( ´ิ(ꈊ) ´ิ) ((≡^⚲͜^≡)) (ી(΄◞ิ౪◟ิ‵)ʃ)
Rep:
Level 102
(っ˘ڡ˘ς) ʕ•̼͛͡•ʕ-̺͛͡•ʔ•̮͛͡•ʔ (*ꆤ.̫ꆤ*)
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2011 Most Unsung Member2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
Quote from: Blizzard
I don't think calling a genre a cliche has much sense, since it's a genre: It just has to be like that to be within the genre. =/

I mean in the sense you can have a beautifully dynamic orchestral peice that blows you away and fills you with emotion, or you can have the plain obvious chord progression and techinque you always hear noobs with music programs churning out =o
bringing sexy back

Rep:
Level 96
2010 Most Attractive Male Member2010 Best Musician
Fuck genres.

My favorite music is the music that sounds good to me.

:tinysmile::tinysmile:

EXA
Rep:
Level 92
Pikachu on a toilet
I agree with the emotional orhestra, but trance is not emotional music. It's supposed to sound "cool and fun". It's music you dance to, not music you actually listen to. Here are two more songs, they are both a different style. The first is my 2nd fav, the second is my fav song. :O

http://www.sendspace.com/file/qicbwb
http://www.sendspace.com/file/qt8jc2

@arl: Yeah, genrelization sucks. :) But it's useful when you want to tell somebody "Have you heard that song?" - "No. Which genre is it?" - "This and that." - "I won't like it most probably then. =("
Visit our website.

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
I should've known that you would like Fall Out Boy. You look like you could be in one of their videos making out with their bass player. Those guys are dicks.

Rep:
Level 97
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantSecret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Most Successful Troll
Contemporary African

Rep:
Level 96
2010 Most Attractive Male Member2010 Best Musician
Blizzard, even in those situations, I don't pull genres. I say things like "ever listen to this band? No what's it like? It sounds like this other band. If you like that band, you'll like this band."

:tinysmile::tinysmile: