RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
HELP! on Bridge making

Rep: +0/-0Level 89
I was wondering how to make a bridge you can walk under and over?

Rep:
Level 89
I have attention problems.
I've done this.  but when you walk under, you can't stop walking till your on the other side of the bridge.  That was the only way that I could get to work.

I'll send you the map later tonight

(i'm asuming you use rmxp, if not, post it)
"...because, you know, whatever."

Rep:
Level 89
Quote from: Redghost13
I was wondering how to make a bridge you can walk under and over?

Which rpg maker do you use? -.-
Started RPG making once again!

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 King of RMRK2013 Best Musician2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Funniest MemberFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]2011 Funniest Member2011 Best MusicianMost entertaining member on the IRC2010 Most Missed Member
Make the bridge the image in the event, meaning if it's 2000 or 2003, it has to be on the top layer in the chipset, and you'll have to make multiple events.

Set the event as Over Hero, and after you pass the bridge, make a switch that turns ON. Make in the event when the switch is on, that the event is Below hero, meaning you'll have to do two pages.

Catch what I mean? You can manipulate it like this. I'm sure you're smart enough to figure out esactly how to do it, unless you're completely new, in that case I'll post it step for step, but it isn't that hard really.
:tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 89
I have attention problems.
but then you could walk right off the bridge when you're over it, right?
"...because, you know, whatever."

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 King of RMRK2013 Best Musician2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Funniest MemberFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]2011 Funniest Member2011 Best MusicianMost entertaining member on the IRC2010 Most Missed Member
:O_o:

I don't think so... maybe that's not how I did it... let me doublecheck.

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? The nice kind of alien~
Rep:
Level 92
Martian - Occasionally kind
An alternative solution would be to start of like Halo said with events having pages activated dependent on whether the hero are walking on the bridge or under the bridge.
These events would however be placed around the the bridge so you can't walk over the edge when you are on the bridge and you can't walk through the bridge up on the land when you are under the bridge.
This being the main idea you should create the rest.

Rep:
Level 97
Bah, I can't find the project I did it in... but I think the way Zeriab mentioned is how I did it.

I'm using xp
but then you could walk right off the bridge when you're over it, right?

Yes exactly that and it makes me mad because when I put the passability with an x I can't go under the bridge and over works perfectly.
I've been able to counter this with teleports but look unnatural.

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? The nice kind of alien~
Rep:
Level 92
Martian - Occasionally kind
@Redghost13 Use events to control the passability

Thnx for telling me about the scripts.I guess I need to learn how to edit them now.I'm sure I can figure that out although I know nothing about scripting.

Resident Cloud
Rep:
Level 91
no no dont use scripts

as lots of people said i had a similar thing going with an arch the you can go under but you coul climb on the roof and walk over it aswell

directional pasdability maybe

i would look but im on a different pc

I've already tried directional passability and it doesn't work so I will stick to scripting.So I will need to figure that out.

Thnx for the sugestion ahref.

Rep:
Level 91
meh try:
either 1:
make 2 tiles, same thing, one only allows left and right and one only up and down thus no bridge crossing from the wrong place

when you walk under the bridge change the pieces you need to walk under using move event to "always on top" and turn always on top when you are over the bridge

way 2:
using move events change the "under the bridge" tiles into dark form of whatever you had there, say you had grass, make shadowed grass
the shadowed grass pass will be left or right while the bridge is up or down
when you exit the shadowed grass zone use move events to make it a bridge again

hope that helps
holy shit my sig was big!