RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Screenshot Thread

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
I see what you mean. Also, upon closer inspection, I hacked a pixel off of it when I moved the uppermost tiles. :o

*fixes*

Communication begins with understanding
Rep:
Level 89
Project of the Month winner for October 2007

Rep:
Level 96
Oh whoops! That looks great Zhuge, nice work for sure! It all looks very natural, and the fog is a nice touch. Nix the brown spots at the end of the logs on the roof though, it looks like missed transparency.

EDIT: Mine is updated now too. ;8

« Last Edit: October 14, 2007, 04:46:08 PM by Arrow-1 »

Rep:
Level 89
Hmmm. the brown thing is like that on the original also. I tried to transparent it.

They look a bit sharp now..

Rep:
Level 96
Do a little shading on the ends and they'll look a million times better :D

Nice work!

Also you skipped me in much the same way I skipped you ;9

Rep:
Level 89
Sorry ;9

The pink roof looks alot better now :D. Is it possible to add some more trees? I think it looks a little bit empty.

Rep:
Level 96
You're right, it probably does need more trees, the trouble is trying to find where to put them and not make them look strange/block part of a house

Rep:
Level 89
I have only posted parts of the village, so I will post the whole village now.

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
Zhuge your mapping is out of the world.
Great job.
Arlen is hot.

Rep:
Level 89
Thank you.

Needs alot more work on this one, ;9 but I just wanted to point out how I want the map. :)

Rep:
Level 88
Back with RMVX!
Very nice, Zhuge. A couple of the trees are a bit too symetrical for my tastes. As Zypher (at least I think it was Zypher, might have been someone else) always said in his mapping tuts: Nature is random. 8/10
PROPERTY OF TEABAG!!! ALL HAIL TEABAG!!!

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
Project of the Month winner for October 2008
Zhuge's maps are always great, I wish I can map as good as that.
Great Job. :)
Be kind, everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

Hurr durr
Rep:
Level 87
Hamburger? What Hamburger?

The Forest Path, from my RPG, titled Altaria: _____, that's because I haven't thought of a second part for the name yet.

Zhuge Liang's Map: 9/10
Current Project:
Altaria: Deus ex Machina (in progress)

Rep:
Level 89
6/10 Miles. You can add some more vegitation.

Final Version of the frames for the faces in my menu. 1000 times better then the old one >_>

And I have changed the message system. Instead of Dubealex, Im using Ccoa. I used to have chibi faces, but fixed my own. Just need to find a darker windowskin.

Hurr durr
Rep:
Level 87
Hamburger? What Hamburger?
Both Maps: 10/10, great job.

This is the new The Forest Path, remapped it with a diffient tileset.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2007, 08:20:13 PM by Miles Castea »
Current Project:
Altaria: Deus ex Machina (in progress)

Rep:
Level 89
It would look much better if you putted a bunch of trees near eachother like a forest, then using that forest autotile :P.

Rep:
Level 87
"Dear diary, jack pot"

What do you think?
Deceased, the memories of time flow ever lasting. Let the passion of the living and the dead touch you, and give you their wisdom.

I'd sooner die than leave your side, I'd sooner rust than let you die.

Rep:
Level 89
2012 Best RPG Maker User (Story)Project of the Month winner for July 2008Project of the Month winner for May 20072011 Best RPG Maker User (Story)2011 Project of the Year2011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
Not bad of a start, but you suffer greatly from ESS (Empty Space Syndrome). :> For the interior, one way to get around it is to make the room smaller, and put some shapes into it. (By the way, you can use the autotiles to put a top on walls, if you didn't already know that.)

For the exterior, there are a lot of empty spaces as well - perhaps you can manipulate the fences so they have some odd shape that fits into some of the spaces. And try to break that hill from being shaped as a square, to look more natural. More details, before things get clustered, is always good.

Keep it up, you'll get there! :>

Rep:
Level 89
I agree with Reives. I posted some links to tutorials in your project topic. Use them well.

Rep:
Level 87
"Dear diary, jack pot"
Alright used the tutorials some more and got this.

Deceased, the memories of time flow ever lasting. Let the passion of the living and the dead touch you, and give you their wisdom.

I'd sooner die than leave your side, I'd sooner rust than let you die.

Rep: +0/-0Level 86
Hi everyone,
(sorry for my english, but I'm a french maker ^^)

So, graphics are "custom", (make with CharacterMaker 1999, a pixel-art program) and it's the first map of my game. As you can see, the theme of my game is piracy.  ;D

Thank you for your comments!

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Best Non-RM Creator2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)2013 Best IRC ChatterboxParticipant - GIAW 112012 Best IRC Chatterbox2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Funniest Member2012 Most Successful TrollSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Best IRC Chatterbox
Hi everyone,
(sorry for my english, but I'm a french maker ^^)

So, graphics are "custom", (make with CharacterMaker 1999, a pixel-art program) and it's the first map of my game. As you can see, the theme of my game is piracy.  ;D

Thank you for your comments!
Well, the graphics sure do look original, and I really like originality. But, i can't rate, since I don't know the capabilities of the tileset you are using.

Rep:
Level 89
Alright used the tutorials some more and got this.

Still not good enought. It's still to empty. You need to add either more houses, or more plants and trees.

Rep:
Level 89
Just testing Inquisitors new tileset. As you can see, Im not used to map with this type of tileset.

« Last Edit: November 04, 2007, 12:32:43 PM by Zhuge Liang »