RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Boy with incredible brain

( ´ิ(ꈊ) ´ิ) ((≡^⚲͜^≡)) (ી(΄◞ิ౪◟ิ‵)ʃ)
Rep:
Level 102
(っ˘ڡ˘ς) ʕ•̼͛͡•ʕ-̺͛͡•ʔ•̮͛͡•ʔ (*ꆤ.̫ꆤ*)
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2011 Most Unsung Member2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
Link to Video

Note, this is 48 minutes long! =o

Full documentary about Daniel Tammet, an autistic savant who has been diagnosed with synesthesia, where his brain interprets numbers as shapes. This ability allows him to do complex mathematical computations in his head, like solving pi to the 22,500 decimal point. He's also adept at languages speaking more than nine, and able to learn a new one within one week. Though others have similar abilities, what sets Daniel apart is that unlike most autistic savants he does not seem to suffer from disabilities common among other autistic people.

Makes you wonder the capabilities of the human brain - and what's preventing us from using its full potential.

Spoiler for:
In before god
« Last Edit: March 05, 2007, 10:29:09 AM by Silverline »
bringing sexy back

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Best Non-RM Creator2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)2013 Best IRC ChatterboxParticipant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Funniest Member2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Best IRC ChatterboxSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Best IRC Chatterbox
Very interesting. It's hard to believe what he sees in his head and immagin the way he views the world.
Thanks for posting this.

Communism<3
Rep:
Level 91
Watched it all, very interesting but what a shame it brings up so many questions with so few answers. Definitely worth watching. Reminded me of X-Men.

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
Lol xmen, nice thing, INCRADABLE BRAn.
Arlen is hot.

Rep:
Level 88
That kid's lucky...

I think the day we understand even a bit of the human mind will be the day we truly rule our planet.

EXA
Rep:
Level 92
Pikachu on a toilet
Project of the Month winner for April 2007
I don't think he's lucky. I know the burden of an over-average intellect. =/ Believe me, he's everything else than lucky. =/
Get King of Booze for Android, for iOS, for OUYA or for Windows!
Visit our website.
You can also love/hate us on Facebook or the game itself.

Get DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is!

Rep:
Level 97
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantSecret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Most Successful Troll
Teacher: Whats 3+3?
Daniel: TRIANGLE!

EXA
Rep:
Level 92
Pikachu on a toilet
Teacher: What's 1+1?
Me: Squareroot of 2.
Teacher: WTF?!
Me: You haven't told me the number of dimensions. =P
Visit our website.

Rep:
Level 88
im at skool so i cant watch it...but i have seen something like this on history channel??
some kid is iran or something(somewhere in india) was like a super genius and was at levels with college professors in the subject of genetics and stuff. it was cool. but his common knowledge was pathetic at the same time, sorta weird.

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
     I saw a documentary once...It said the svant had his abilities because the two hemispheres of his brain were attached. Maybe the brain's "hemispheres" are a natural inhibitor? Maybe we can surpass our capabilities by removing that inhibitor, like the MPH limiting chip in an automobile?

At this point of course I'm probably talking in mad scientist.

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
Synesthesia is a very interesting occurrence. There are some people that claim peyote and mild hallucinogens can give you something of this effect, and I have experienced it mildy when drifting off to sleep. Sometimes when fading into unconsciousness, and listening to music, I will see colors and shapes that go along with the sound. It's a fairly common thing, and many people don't realize that the sense of smell is connected to synesthesia very closely. Also, on the topic of savants, I watched a program about a child who was autistic, but could play the piano perfectly. His brain could not handle everyday activity, but he could play a piece by Mozart the way it would've sounded if Bach wrote it, and many other things. Incredible.

EXA
Rep:
Level 92
Pikachu on a toilet
Synesthesia is a very interesting occurrence. There are some people that claim peyote and mild hallucinogens can give you something of this effect, and I have experienced it mildy when drifting off to sleep. Sometimes when fading into unconsciousness, and listening to music, I will see colors and shapes that go along with the sound. It's a fairly common thing, and many people don't realize that the sense of smell is connected to synesthesia very closely.

I TOTALLY know what you're talking about. I always get in that state when I listen to music while traveling. I am just sitting there in the car/bus and listen to music as my eyelids start to get heavier and heavier until my thoughts are starting to fade away... Soon I find myself in a state neither awake nor asleep. I start seeing things... scenarios, not only shapes and colors. Sometimes its so intense, I feel as it is real. I always thought this would be the so called State of Trance. So, it's called Synesthesia...
Visit our website.

Communism<3
Rep:
Level 91
     I saw a documentary once...It said the svant had his abilities because the two hemispheres of his brain were attached. Maybe the brain's "hemispheres" are a natural inhibitor? Maybe we can surpass our capabilities by removing that inhibitor, like the MPH limiting chip in an automobile?

At this point of course I'm probably talking in mad scientist.
I think I saw that and somewhat agree that it's a definitely a possibility, although it would have to be through manipulation of DNA at early stages before birth, which I am fully for ^.~.

In the same field of chat, disconnecting the corpus colossus, rather then extending it as you proposed, showed to be a very bad move in an experiment, I think in the 50's or late 60's (not sure). The connection of the two halves of the brain act as an "information highway", allowing the two haves of the brains to communicate between each other. The brain is designed so it can run a human quite well with only one half (considering), but if the two halves are separated without one half dieing, the two essentially can't talk and will fight for dominant control over the body. Really in quite disturbing ways too...

Look up a "alien hand syndrome" for more details. I found this in a documentary were they tried to eliminate heavy seizures and operated on a small group of people to disconnected their corpus colossus. It worked but this was the side effect.

EXA
Rep:
Level 92
Pikachu on a toilet
I know about disconnecting the brain halfs a little bit. I remember seeing a documentary where the guy closed his one eye and his one hand had no idea what the other was doing. It IS an information highway.
Visit our website.

Communism<3
Rep:
Level 91
I know about disconnecting the brain halfs a little bit. I remember seeing a documentary where the guy closed his one eye and his one hand had no idea what the other was doing. It IS an information highway.

That's totally it! But it went further then that to, they had this one girl, about 20 or so, and they gave her a board with two answers on it, and she was asked to pick the correct one. One hand pointed at one thing, the other at another answer and apparently she had no control over the other hand, in fact it her hands where even fighting o_O quite odd...

Other people experience it as there one of there hands randomly grabbing things without there control. I thought the whole thing had to lead to the idea of two separate consciences that are only joint.

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
The nazis supposedly did experiments like this on prisoners. I am against cruel punishment such as this sort of thing, but I have to admit, its pretty interesting.