RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Lady in the Water

Rep:
Level 88
Your greatest flaw is that you have a soul.
Warm greetings. I'd like to hear your opinion on this movie, and please, if you generally do not fancy these kind of films and prefers things like Fast and Furious or Hellboy, do not reply and waste time on pointless critic. If you, however, take closer look on these kind of movies than your critic for and against is welcomed if well argumented.

Personally, this movie restored my faith in movie industry. Just when I was about to think that today they make movies solely to earn money (although Sin City and Pirates of the Carribean II are masterpieces of art and therefore were a bit moving) and that I'll never see a movie that is magic, fun, art and purpose, Shyamalan made this movie, this perfection of movie which inspired me. I really did not know what's going on in it and just went into the cinema expecting some horror that will freak me once and make me feel sorry for a couple of bucks I spent. However, although the begining explaining the story, what I did not like since I thought I'll know what's going on, made me less suspicious of movie but more wandering into it's, by the half of the movie I was completely stunned, and the rest just made me incredibly thrilled and happy. Not only do I consider this as is the most original presentation of some fairy tale through a modern world but I was also so inspired and revived with this movie that I wished I could give them some kind of reward and felt very dissapointing knowing that many will not share (or discover, from my opionion) the beauty of this film and that it will not earn atleast an oscar. And I'd give them an oscar for best movie, acting, soundtrack and story. Technically, all of the movies I've seen before were imediately relegated and their ratings degraded for at least a bit, including movies such as the legendary Pulp Fiction. The way the very original and cliche-free story unreveals itself and how every single character, their acters, dialogues and purpose, blends into magical flow in both silence and most beautiful soundtrack I've ever had luck to hear, which I bought the next day, was something I have never seen before and I did watch almost every movie that came to cinema and stores since, well, 80' I'd say. The atmosphere they built around human emotions and fascinating, mystical and warm music of James Howard Newton, for whom I think is one of best scorers, was simply thrilling and the movie pulled me into its pool of magic almost instantly. I do not remember that any movie got me like that and I definitely don't believe any will after this. On the top of this epic science-fiction, the movie had several scenes to laugh at and one that made entire cinema laugh and thrill, where I remember I couldn't catch my breath and it's this movie that made me laugh more than about every other comic movie or comedy since Dumb and Dumber (Except for Pirates of the Carribean II). This is utterly a masterpiece, a beautiful, inspiring movie that changed my view of art and the world around and I will just live another day to remember of its perfection. Blim - blam.