RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
marijuana should be Lagalized

Poll

Marijuana should it be Legalized?

Yes, and other drugs also
6 (15%)
Yes
12 (30%)
Yes, but only for medical use
8 (20%)
No
14 (35%)

Total Members Voted: 40

Rep:
Level 88
Even Yoda likes Weed
I want it to be legalized, do you?

« Last Edit: January 21, 2007, 07:34:43 PM by Woompa »
You can only get 100% of video games when your STONED

EXA
Rep:
Level 92
Pikachu on a toilet
Project of the Month winner for April 2007
No. Drugs are for the mentally weak with no will power to withstand the social pressure.
Get King of Booze for Android, for iOS, for OUYA or for Windows!
Visit our website.
You can also love/hate us on Facebook or the game itself.

Get DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is!

Ancient Mummy
Rep:
Level 90
It's already legal in my country ^^

But i wont ever EVER use it..
It stinks

EXA
Rep:
Level 92
Pikachu on a toilet
rep++ for that one. :)
Visit our website.

( ´ิ(ꈊ) ´ิ) ((≡^⚲͜^≡)) (ી(΄◞ิ౪◟ิ‵)ʃ)
Rep:
Level 102
(っ˘ڡ˘ς) ʕ•̼͛͡•ʕ-̺͛͡•ʔ•̮͛͡•ʔ (*ꆤ.̫ꆤ*)
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Most Unsung Member2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
Maybe you could provide some reasons as to why you think it should be legalized?
bringing sexy back

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
2014 Funniest MemberParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
Of course it should be legal. People have the right to do whatever they choose to their bodies, as long as it doesn't adversely affect anyone else.

Rep:
Level 88
Even Yoda likes Weed
It does not harm your health many studies prove it

-"No acute lethal overdoses of cannabis are known, in contrast to several of its illegal (for example, cocaine) and legal (for example, alcohol, aspirin, acetaminophen) counterparts."
(9/20/03) British Medical Journal

Some people consider it safer than alcool
-http://www.progress.org/2005/drc68.htm

if it was dangerous they would not of legalized it in holland
« Last Edit: January 21, 2007, 06:30:42 PM by Woompa »

EXA
Rep:
Level 92
Pikachu on a toilet
Marihuana can change the way you act and behave after some time. You can usually recognize people who are stoned often by that.

I don't judge Marihuana, because I have heard a lot about it. I have heard it doesn't do damage, I have heard it does. Fact is, that now it is not legal for reason and maybe it should stay like this.

Other than that, I still keep my statement about drugs. I also consider alcohol a drug as well as cigarettes. They ARE drugs after all. Pain killers are also drugs, they are just legal. But there is a difference between legal and illegal drugs.

And you shouldn't believe everything you read, Woompa...

EDIT:

In the Netherlands (Holland) it's also allowed to have sexual relations with 14. =/
« Last Edit: January 21, 2007, 06:37:24 PM by Blizzard »
Visit our website.

Rep:
Level 88
Even Yoda likes Weed
No. Drugs are for the mentally weak with no will power to withstand the social pressure.

My friend is in the top 20 best HighSchool students in mathematics(in Canada) and he is a pot head. You should not call people mentaly weak just because they use pot. If you did not tried it once in your life you can not realy judge us because you don't know what it is.

EDIT:

Marihuana can change the way you act and behave after some time. You can usually recognize people who are stoned often by that.

I don't judge Marihuana, because I have heard a lot about it. I have heard it doesn't do damage, I have heard it does. Fact is, that now it is not legal for reason and maybe it should stay like this.

Other than that, I still keep my statement about drugs. I also consider alcohol a drug as well as cigarettes. They ARE drugs after all. Pain killers are also drugs, they are just legal. But there is a difference between legal and illegal drugs.

And you shouldn't believe everything you read, Woompa...

EDIT:

In the Netherlands (Holland) it's also allowed to have sexual relations with 14. =/

I don't belive everything I read but I use pot and I do not feel any different than before I started to use it but I am still careful I believe its okay to use pot as long as you do not abuse it
« Last Edit: January 21, 2007, 06:47:28 PM by Blizzard »

EXA
Rep:
Level 92
Pikachu on a toilet
No need to double post, just use the Modify button.

Sorry, I didn't clarify myself, with mentally weak I meant with not will power. So it should be:

Drugs are for the ones with no will power to withstand the social pressure.

You don't have to take drugs, nobody's holding a gun in your face.

The thing is that there are 3 phases of taking drugs:

1. You take the drug.
2. The drug takes the drug.
3. The drug takes you.

The problem with nearly all the people is that they think "I can control it.  I can stop wherever I want.". And they are wrong very often.
Visit our website.

Rep:
Level 88
'They'
I agree with Zypher. So long as it effects no one but yourself, it should be okay. However if it does end up hurting someone, whether it be emotionally or physically, then it is considered wrong.

Personally, I can't make a strong statement one way or another whether or not it should be legal. Neither I, nor anyone I know, have tried it, so I can't say if there are certain effects or not.

Hm... and what use is making it illegal? They tried that with alcohol too once, and that didn't blow over so well. Fact is, legal or not, someone will always chose to use it.
Who made up all the rules? We follow them like fools. Believe them to be true, don't care to think them through. And it's ironic too, 'cause what we tend to do is act on what they say, and then it is that way. Who are they? And where are they? And how can they possibly know all this? Do you see what I see? Why do we live like this? Is it because it's true that ignorance is bliss? And i'm sorry, so sorry, it's like this. I'm sorry, so sorry, I'm sorry, we do this.

Rep:
Level 88
Even Yoda likes Weed
Pot is not like other drugs it is proven that pot is not or very litle adictive.
You should not compare pot with other illegal drugs, because pot is much safer than crack(wich by the way I will never try).

If you are addicted to pot it is because its all in your mind. Its just like people that are addicted to video games or to food, there nothing in the video game or the food that makes you addicted to it, pot addiction is just the same.

By the way blizzard most people who use pot dont use it because of social pressure, they use it to have fun just like people use alcool to have fun.

if it was dangerous there would not be 3 million of canadians who take pot (according to Statistics Canada), if it was dangerous there would not be such a big culture created around it. The people who at least tried it once know it is not dangerous and also not addictive.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2007, 07:30:52 PM by Woompa »

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
2014 Funniest MemberParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
1. You take the drug.
2. The drug takes the drug.
3. The drug takes you.

Uh, what?

Rep:
Level 96
2010 Most Attractive Male Member2010 Best Musician
Maybe you could provide some reasons as to why you think it should be legalized?
So I can get ahold of it easier. (joke)

I didn't read any other posts in this thread, but I'm sure all the "I don't do drugs" people are getting all self-righteous and hateful for no reason other than somebody mentioned marijuana.

:tinysmile::tinysmile:

Ancient Mummy
Rep:
Level 90
Well like i said it's legal in my country  but still
I isn't bad to legalize it as its limited !
Like say, for only having it in some small amount.
That wouldnt hurt..
I think  ::)

EXA
Rep:
Level 92
Pikachu on a toilet
That's the social pressure I was talking of.

Person A: C'mon, just try it. It'll be fun. It's nothing bad like crack.
Person B: Alright. It'll be fun.

You think they would have ever tried if nobody didn't give them that stuff?

It's true, addiction is an psyche illness, but that doesn't mean you can take everything, just because you are immune to addiction. Addiction is nothing you can control. You can't be immune to addiction. It's usual that people with inner unhappiness (of what kind ever) take drugs. It's all on psyche level.
Don't get me wrong, but I think people who need a drug to be happy or cool or have fun or whatever are pathetic. I mean... "What?! You need a drug to have fun with us?!" I think that's pathetic.

I don't take drugs, because I don't want to. Fuck that non-sense if I actually don't even know what that stuff can do to my body. Did you know that every organism reacts differently on drugs? There are people who became mentally challenged for the rest of their lives only because they took this one little pill of Ecstacy.

@Zypher:

1. In the beginning you take a drug just for the sake of experimenting.
2. Later it becomes an everyday routine. Stoning yourself is nothing more, but a usual thing in your life.
3. You can't live without your drug anymore. You need it physically and psychically. You feel pain if you don't have it, you feel sorrow if you don't have it. As soon as you get your daily dose you start thinking about how to get your next one.

It doesn't mean you get through all trough phases. There even people who go straight from 1 to 3.

@Snailer: Then alcohol should be treated as well. "Are you nuts?!" People would go crazy if you try to limit alcohol possesion.
Visit our website.

Rep:
Level 96
Every new experience is a social pressure.

Person A: Ever had poutine before? Come on, try it, it's delicious.
Person B: Alright. It'll be delicious.

You think anyone would have tried anything if nobody gave them the stuff?

So, anyway, I smoke pot usually when I go out drinking. And I go out drinking usually every weekend. But you know what, these last two weekends I stayed in. I just didn't feel like partying. I didn't go into withdrawal, or freak out. Know why I started smoking pot? The same reason I started drinking. It's fun. It makes you feel happy, basically. I certainly wasn't depressed before I started, and I certainly don't do it because I'm trying to compensate or blahbalhbalh psyche blahblahblahblah.

And I used to be the same way, thinking "I don't need to drink to have fun with people." But guess what. Speaking from experience, I have even more fun when I drink with someone. More fun than I would have otherwise.

I don't know why I'm typing this response.

Blizzard, do you even drink?

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
@Zypher:

1. In the beginning you take a drug just for the sake of experimenting.
2. Later it becomes an everyday routine. Stoning yourself is nothing more, but a usual thing in your life.
3. You can't live without your drug anymore. You need it physically and psychically. You feel pain if you don't have it, you feel sorrow if you don't have it. As soon as you get your daily dose you start thinking about how to get your next one.

It doesn't mean you get through all trough phases. There even people who go straight from 1 to 3.

You forget to realize that there are still people who never go past 1. Besides, why should you care? It's not like any of these people are shoving a joint in your mouth.

Ancient Mummy
Rep:
Level 90

Wel.. i think you will try to be though or something when someone will
shove it up ur mouth and hope they like but after that u are addicted and DIE alONE !!
I changed my oppinion /

Rep:
Level 96

Wel.. i think you will try to be though or something when someone will
shove it up ur mouth and hope they like but after that u are addicted and DIE alONE !!
I changed my oppinion /
What the hell are you talking about? Nobody shoves anything in your mouth.

The incoherency of this post rivals old Nightwolf's posts.

Rep:
Level 96
Here's another thing. I've never had anyone be all

"wanna smoke some weed"
"no thanks"
"COME ON MAN WTF YOU LOSER DO IT"
"no"
"ILL FUCKING KILL YOU :shoves it in your mouth:"

My first time someone asked me was like this:
"Wanna hit?"
"Ehh.....no thanks."
"Alright, man. That's cool."

The first time I did it was like this:
"Wanna hit?"
"Ehhh....yeah, sure."
"Alriiight."

Maybe I just have friends that don't suck or something.

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
"Wanna hit?"
"Ehh.....no thanks."

Same for me.

Ancient Mummy
Rep:
Level 90
"wanna smoke some weed"
"no thanks"
"COME ON MAN WTF YOU LOSER DO IT"
"no"
"ILL FUCKING KILL YOU :shoves it in your mouth:"

I lol'd  :tpg:

But you are right about that >.<

Rep:
Level 88
Even Yoda likes Weed

We just use pot to have fun, just like you play video games to have fun.

By the way the first time I took pot me and my friend(wich was his firts time too) bought it, placed it in our home made bong and smoked it alone, we were not influence by anyone.

I believe that if cigarets(wich are more harmfull and much more addictive) are legal, then pot should be legal.

EXA
Rep:
Level 92
Pikachu on a toilet
I do drink. I know, I know...

But I see it like that:

"I don't need a drink to be happy. But hell, who cares?! Bartender! A double Jäger!"

I drink with friends, because I want to, not because I need to. I don't smoke on the other hand.
And yeah, I also think cigarettes should be made illegal, but there is too much cashflow in that business, so they can't.

"Wanna hit?"
"Ehh.....no thanks."

:)

Social pressure is also:

"But everybody does it... I should do it..."

It's wrong to think like that. If everybody jumps of a cliff, you have to do it as well?!
« Last Edit: January 21, 2007, 08:05:10 PM by Blizzard »
Visit our website.