RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Tell me if this is possible?

Rep: +0/-0Level 88
Ok, so I am using RPG Maker XP and what I want to do is make it so my people had starting money, like say 3000 of the currency I use but I want it to be a one time thing like that they get in the begining of the game. I had the idea that I could just make an event to add 3k money to my people as an autorun function in the main starting town then have it delete the event and I thought that would solve the problem but the next time you exit the game and go back to the main city you get another 3000 money. Is there a way to get around this and make them start with 3k? Thanks!

Revolution is not a bed of roses.
Rep:
Level 91
Project of the Month winner for July 2009
Use switches. Read some tutorials.

Rep:
Level 88
I'm back :P
use a local switch so on the next page itll be set to go when local switch a is on, but nothing will happen.

Rep:
Level 88
Ironic!!
Wow!! I'm a newbie, yet I'm not that stupid. Keep it up!!
What seems to be your boggle?

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? The nice kind of alien~
Rep:
Level 92
Martian - Occasionally kind
You should indeed use switches.
Click on my sig for a tutorial.

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?

rude.
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

Rep:
Level 88
Hell... What did I mess up now... I'm Back!
theres another way of doing it... going into the script ....

"Game_Party" and on line 22 that says @gold = 0 change to   @gold = 3000...
----Current Games working on----
--Rage O' Delusion - Overall Percentage Finished : 4% -- Expected release... Unknown
--The Other Dimension - Overall Percentage done : 1 - Expected Release : No time soon...
v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^
Feildmaster Productions
Made By One Man Run by the Same...
Making Games for Everyone...
Oh yeah, and everything else web based
For a charge... Of course...

Rep: +0/-0Level 88

>:(
your not a newbie your a noob....

dont make fun of people who dont understand things seeing as how you yourself probably didnt understand this till just now
im learning how to make a game >.> takes a lot of reading

title: fantasy dreams:memories shadow
completion %: 0 >.> im still reading how to make a game

very true quotes :) especially the third one

"A lot of fellows nowadays have a B.A., M.D., or Ph.D. Unfortunately, they don't have a J.O.B."
"A word to the wise ain't necessary -- it's the stupid ones that need the advice."
"Hard work never killed anybody, but why take a chance?"