RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Exporting RTP

Rep:
Level 88
I'm back :P
If anybody here is new and wonders "how come I cant play my game on other computers?" or if you want to make the game available for people who dont own rpg maker xp then this is simple for you to learn how.

First of all go to your resource manager

Now if you have imported images their dot will be red, the rtps are blue. You don't have to export things you already imported because they will be saved in your animations folder, or whatever folder theyre saved under.

Next you select all the blue rtp images/media and click export

Export it under the proper folder, animations would go under the animations folder etc.

The animations folder would be found under graphics, for audio files look under the audio folder.

And thats it! Not too hard ;)

When the dawn breaks...
Rep:
Level 88
...tonight will be just another memory.
Cool, I was wondering how to do this, thanks  ;D

Rep:
Level 88
Random-Idiot
You'd better do this:

1) Download XP-RTP by going here:
http://www.enterbrain.co.jp/tkool/RPG_XP/eng/xp_rtp102e.exe
2) Installing the RTP  on the pc you want to play.
3) If using the illigal version, copy the RGSS100J.dll to your games directory and if it does not work, copying it to %home%%systemroot%\system32 which is by default C:\Windows\System32

Sorry, but that is way less time consuming.
ALL HAIL ME™

Rep:
Level 88
i guess, but downloading can be somewhat time consuming too. i guess depends on which way you prefer really.

Rep:
Level 88
Random-Idiot
That is true. I usually just burn the rtp on a cd.
ALL HAIL ME™

Rep:
Level 89
2012 Best RPG Maker User (Story)Project of the Month winner for May 2007Project of the Month winner for July 20082011 Best RPG Maker User (Story)2011 Project of the Year2011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
Orly, I've always copy pasted the files manually, ty for this.

Me™; the main difference between the two methods is that downloading RTP is less time consuming for the maker and more time consuming for the player, where as this method is vice versa. I usually use this method (except manually copying files) for distributing to a target audience that might contain people without RMXP.

P.S. Is there anyway to let the system figure out automatically all the files used in a project and import them, while leaving the rest that are not used to save file size? It's annoy to keep track of used files at times :/

Rep:
Level 88
hmmm oddly it organizes it by each folder, so i dont think theres any other way except one folder at a time.

Rep:
Level 89
2012 Best RPG Maker User (Story)Project of the Month winner for May 2007Project of the Month winner for July 20082011 Best RPG Maker User (Story)2011 Project of the Year2011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
Ah, is there a way to do that by each folder then? Figuring out which RTP used in a project?

Either way, this method makes things much easier compared to doing them manually, as I had to switch between folders back and forth~

Rep:
Level 88
oh sorry i didnt understand your question before lol. but umm for figuring out what images are used, i dont think it can, because once you import it its saved to the folder. so it cant track whether its used or not. usually image files are small, so you dont really have to worry that it will take up a lot of space.

Rep:
Level 88
Random-Idiot
@Reives, that is not really true actually. I used to do it Chirstna's way. Automaticly off course, script wise. Just Like I did automatic font installs, however, let's say your game is 5 MB. the rtp is more then 25 MB. You release version one. And send it to a friend. He downloades 30 MB (that would be the same time consuming as 5 + 25 MB) Now you send version 2. Again 30 MB (that could be decrease d because if you did not include the rtp, you would only need to download 5 MB.) and that did not maked sense. You gave him the whole RTP twice.

See, youd better be off, once giving them the RTP. Godd knows he or she (or it) will be playing more RMXP game  :D

And THAT was the original idea of the RTP, not needing to download mass projects everytime. So, when you say less time consuming for the maker I say yay, but when you say more tume consuming for the player I say nay, as that will be there in both cases.
ALL HAIL ME™

Rep:
Level 89
Yeah I understand what you mean, but I'm just saying that there are several occasions that that does not apply. For example, if I am only using a minor portion of the RTP file itself, and so a large proportion of deadweight loss is created. Or, the distribution of a final copy of something.

The main trade off here is size over convinience. Most people wouldn't care for 20 more megabytes on their computer now days anyhow, but they (whom with no RMXP) might be annoyed with having to go somewhere to download a file and put it into C:/~~~ (though not that much of a chore, people are lazy now days :p). Although I guess I'm mainly speaking from a RL distribution perspective, since online it would still require DLing time.

Rep:
Level 88
Random-Idiot
Aha, but there is another thing. I did not mention that this method COMES in handy when you are using ery little of the rtp (but this tutorial does not implies that, it tells you to copy all files). In that case you could just copy those files you use.

And there are still ALOT people on dial-up. Not me, off course, but there are alot ;)  ;8
ALL HAIL ME™

Rep:
Level 88
Aha, but there is another thing. I did not mention that this method COMES in handy when you are using ery little of the rtp (but this tutorial does not implies that, it tells you to copy all files). In that case you could just copy those files you use.

And there are still ALOT people on dial-up. Not me, off course, but there are alot ;)  ;8
there is a lot of people who use dial up? i dont think that many people do. generally in this age most people are computer savvy and know the best internet connection stuff

Rep:
Level 88
Hell... What did I mess up now... I'm Back!
I wouldn't say that... there are tons of people that don't even HAVE a computer...
----Current Games working on----
--Rage O' Delusion - Overall Percentage Finished : 4% -- Expected release... Unknown
--The Other Dimension - Overall Percentage done : 1 - Expected Release : No time soon...
v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^
Feildmaster Productions
Made By One Man Run by the Same...
Making Games for Everyone...
Oh yeah, and everything else web based
For a charge... Of course...

Rep:
Level 88
I wouldn't say that... there are tons of people that don't even HAVE a computer...
reallly? where do you live? lol

Rep:
Level 88
I live in the U.S. and are one of the only ppl in my neighborhood that has a computer... and AM the only person with cable internet cuz i can pay for it... the rest if they even have a computer either don't use the net or have dial-up.
--Rage O' Delusion - Overall Percentage Finished : 4% -- Expected release... Unknown
--The Other Dimension - Overall Percentage done : 1 - Expected Release : No time soon...
Feildmaster Productions

Rep:
Level 88
oh...well i dunno. i live in canada so i dont know things

Rep:
Level 88
Random-Idiot
Ive once tried making a poll on rmxp.net. You know, around 50% had dial-up.
ALL HAIL ME™

Rep:
Level 88
hmmm well thats sad. but thats ok. i dont think i could live with slower internet, im used to things being fast

Rep: +0/-0Level 88
you can also find the rtp in C:\program files\Common Files\Enterbrain\RGSS\Standard

Rep:
Level 88
Random-Idiot
@Chirstina, me neither -_- I can't see really how they still have it.
@SpEc7eR, only if you installed it there  ::)
ALL HAIL ME™

Rep:
Level 88
lol.
the RTP is on my sig.... but i am sure u can see that... XD
hmm... what else should i put on there...
Feildmaster Productions