RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[Writing] Story Idea

I am epic, you are not.
Rep:
Level 93
Defender of Justice
Ok, so...I while ago ideas for some form of story began to manifest within my head-thing.
Whoever reads this i hope will comment on it, and if there are any good writers here I would like some C+C on the ideas and/or writing I've done (i did it for fun one night).

The year...Unrecorded. Humanity has lived on this Earth for years, and once they covered every inhabitable area of the planet. Eventually, tensions rose and all-out war broke out. After cataclysmic battles, the remaining vestiges of Humanity's dominion forged an alliance. Centuries pass. The Earth begins to reclaim the ruins of many of humanities cities. Where humans once conquered the deserts, the sand swallowed the skeleton-like shells of sky scrapers. The sea englufed cities whence its fury was kindled by the earth, and now only a dozen cities, shielded from the elements, are centers for human life.

Recently, in the continent of North America, stunning evidence has proved the existance of an ancient city knows as "Las Vegas".
Teams of archaeologists depart from Civilization's beacon of Atlanta. Arrivving in the desert, they eventually uncover the bones of a city. This discovery leads to a mass advance to inhabit the "lost zones". After many years, one reclaimed zone, known as "Seattle" becomes the second center for the UNAD, or, United North American Directorate. Seattle would soon become something far greater, facing the icey peaks of what was once Canada.

As colonists move to the West once again, they begin to depend less and less on Eastern cities. They begin taking weapons with them, and eventually want independance. UNAD, acting in "the good of the people" refuses, as they belive the new colonies will be vulnerable. The colonies are allowed to function independantly, but cannot have a standing army or make their own descisions.
Soon, the Western beacons of UNAD begin to form their own opinions, however, this new regime belives the new colonies are a fruitless attempt, and disagree with UNAD's spending. Eventually, they form an underground army and begin attacking colonies to drive pioneers out.

Soon, these attacks escalate into an all out, 3-way war for dominance. The Western Regime becomes known as the Black Army by the colonists, who use are using the war to become independant.

So far, this is all I have...Ive been kinda stumped on characters.

And now, for a short "excerpt"!!!

A dark sky of clouds writhed and squirmed like a giant black organ, sharp strings of lighting jumped from crest to crest, while others shot down onto the ashen plain. A shell of a city, its grand buildings which once stood resolute and shining against a great blue sky now were burnt and cracked, with only their skeletons hunched over like old men. No longer did even smoke waft up from the streets. No more did the laughter of children echo through the parks, and gone was the sound of cars from the street. The sounds of a utopia adbandoned that world as a spider and her young. Or, maybe, it was the utopia that ate itself, as a spider's children devour her. The result was unavoidable, and now that city, the world for so many, was gone. What was left was then a staging ground for a war, battles, conflicts...The souls imparted there were intwined in an eternal struggle, trapped in anguish...

The city, so dark and cold now, is a perfect place for the spider's children. She taught them how to live...and now, they have returned. They hate the world outside their nest, so mysterious and hateful. They weave their miserable lives like webs around relics of the lives they helped destroy. The spider's children aren't left alone...and when the fog begins to spread, they know that they have come. Two columns of men, veiled in black armor, marching. They advanced down the road like a great black snake, their red goggles like drops of blood glowing in the fog. Behind them walked what seemed arachnidial, with four legs moving sequentialy. It seemed to have replaced tanks in the latter years of fighting, being able to possess a greater range of weaponry. Ironically, it seemed, the others had spiders to. It had no head, only soulless systems guiding it...two railguns poised to kill, giant barbed claws ever-ready to rend the living in two.

A bright yellow flash erupted from a building, accompanied by a resounding sound that echoed as it struck the empty fog. A soldier dropped. Confusion soon ensued, as unseen grenades erupted in the streets, sending soldiers flying by the dozen. Issuing orders, an officer ducked behind a pile of rubble. His men began to lay down withering hails of gunfire to the windows, as not even the splashes of blood or the small strips of their comrade's flesh, dispersed throughout the road, could unnerve them. The Arachnid's railguns fired, sending an explosive shockwave through the alleyways and causing the sound of the world to drain out for a moment. They recoiled from their shots, but the soldiers knew the positive effects. Across the street, where the artillery shells had hit home, behemoth plumes of bright fire burst into life, causing chunks of rubble to fall from the wall. The building collapsed, and the screams of pain of the guerillas could be heard, whether they were being crushed, burned, or impaled.

But, there were still many buildings. The soldiers were becoming depleted, as the grenades hadn't stopped falling and the gunfire never desceased. As they begin to retreat, having less than half of their number left, morale shattered, a rocket, emitting a vicious hissing sound associated with a demon's grin tore from one of hell's windows. It penetrated the Arachnid, and a great bloom of flame blossomed like a rose out of its hull. Its remains turned into mechanical shrapnel that shot into disheartened men. Adbandoning their fight, what remained of the soldiers ran for their lives. But, before they could reach the open barrens 3 shadows raced overhead, blocking the sun. They seemed to be heaven's messengers, and as the bombs fell, the men knew that the light of righteousness would envelop them. That it did, and not only them, but the flames licked at the bones of all who were in the city that day. The pain ended with a single strike, to entwine the souls of those therein in an endless struggle, trapped in anguish.

C+C!!!
« Last Edit: May 25, 2015, 10:21:11 AM by boe »

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
Wicked awesome. Who was bombing them?

Rep:
Level 88
I'm back :P
hmmm very interesting. a little too much info that it gets a little confusing. maybe its just cause im tired, i dunno. anyways i like it, very descriptive. your story is very good and descriptive, but using too many similes and description will almost make it seem like your trying to make it too good. if you know what i mean...lol

I am epic, you are not.
Rep:
Level 93
Defender of Justice
hmmm very interesting. a little too much info that it gets a little confusing. maybe its just cause im tired, i dunno. anyways i like it, very descriptive. your story is very good and descriptive, but using too many similes and description will almost make it seem like your trying to make it too good. if you know what i mean...lol
Whoa. Youre back, wierd. lol.

Eh, i guess I could tone down similies and such...*shrug*, but its better than just saying "the platoon of black-armored soldiers walked into the street, where they were attacked. They fired their rail gun at a building, but they were still out numbered. Then, planes flew overhead and dropped incindiery bombs on all their heads. They all died."

Wicked awesome. Who was bombing them?

Thanks. The UNAD was bombing them. ^^
« Last Edit: December 20, 2006, 04:46:17 AM by Lord Dante »

Rep:
Level 88
I'm back :P
hmm yeah, i think the description is good, but also maybe a little too smart for some people. lol if you know wat i mean :P but if you like how it is, then leave it. you dont have to change it because im stupid :P lmao