RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[Visual] Environment Designs

Varied Artist
Rep:
Level 87
Silent Ruins:

The forsaken ruins of a once mighty empire.  Aimed for a gloomy and forlorn feeling.

Initial Drawing
Grayscale
Colours

Secluded Temple:

A secluded temple nestled deep within the forest.  The goal was the create a nice contrast with the Silent Ruins.

Initial Drawing
Grayscale
Colours

« Last Edit: May 25, 2015, 06:49:31 PM by boe »

I am epic, you are not.
Rep:
Level 93
Defender of Justice
I really like the second one, although for some reason in its current form the shrine/temple appears to be a bit flat, especially when compared to the great flora.

The first one I've seen in a different thread of yours, but it's still awesome. It reminds me a little bit of the architecture in Oblivion, which is a good thing. I really like your Corinthian capitals ^^

Varied Artist
Rep:
Level 87
The one you saw in another thread was the first rough.  The one in this thread is revised and recomposed.  Also, the shrine appears flat now but that is an issue I plan to solve once I colour it.

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2014 Most Unsung Member2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2010 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Best Use Of Avatar And Signature Space
I think I found DoOM

That was fun.

They look good by the way garygill.

Wandering Artist
Rep:
Level 86
You got a problem? Fix by yourself.
Project of the Month winner for July 2009
Yeah, I found it too! Feels like playing puzzle. ^__^
Those are very nice drawings... <3<3

Varied Artist
Rep:
Level 87
Haha, thanks!

A lot of my pictures have hidden things in them.

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 King of RMRK2014 Best Counsel2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2014 Best Writer2014 Most Mature Member2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Counsel2011 Best Writer2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Funniest Member
Gary please design the next Myst game ;o;
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
Project of the Month winner for October 2008
I think I found DoOM
Yeah, I found it too! Feels like playing puzzle. ^__^

What? Where? The second rough?
Oh, and garygill - Really like the trees all round, the branches, and the dead holow stump.
Great job as always! :lol:
Be kind, everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

Varied Artist
Rep:
Level 87
@Anski - Haha, I wish!

@Levent - Yeah the second rough has the hidden word.

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
Well, it certainly is well hidden! :lol:

Varied Artist
Rep:
Level 87
You're probably looking too hard.  It's not actually that hidden. =P

Varied Artist
Rep:
Level 87
Alright, finished one.

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Randomizer - GIAW 11Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Best Veteran2011 Kindest Member2010 Best RPG Maker User (Events)2010 Best RPG Maker User (Story)
Garygill, you are a god. Nothing more needs to be said.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
Garygill, you are a god. Nothing more needs to be said.

But there is.

I love you GG. ;____;

Spoiler for:
:nazid:
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Varied Artist
Rep:
Level 87
Wow, I'm so glad you like my work, but I'm far from a god.

Also,
Spoiler for:
:nazid:

Varied Artist
Rep:
Level 87
Alright, updated with the last one.

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Randomizer - GIAW 11Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Best Veteran2011 Kindest Member2010 Best RPG Maker User (Events)2010 Best RPG Maker User (Story)
Wow, I'm so glad you like my work, but I'm far from a god.

Lies. You are a god. Admit it.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
The second one looks awesome colored. But the first one, IMO looks cooler in Gray scale. It looks like an ancient temple lost from time. Doomed to sit in a timeless void.

Gray Scale FTW
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2014 Most Unsung Member2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2010 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Best Use Of Avatar And Signature Space
Oh god, those are amazing. I didn't even notice you added the coloured and grayscale ones until today. You're awesome garygill.

Varied Artist
Rep:
Level 87
Woot, thanks a lot!

Yeah some people like the grayscale version of the silent ruins better.  I'm not very experienced with using such dark and gloomy colours.

And rofl I'm not lying Zylos!

Rep:
Level 97
Oh god, those are amazing. I didn't even notice you added the coloured and grayscale ones until today. You're awesome garygill.

By the way, when I said god it was a term for addressing you.

Wandering Artist
Rep:
Level 86
You got a problem? Fix by yourself.
Project of the Month winner for July 2009
I'm kinda agree... No, I agree with you.

Only a fool who can't understand the beauty of your art! ...God. LoL

Varied Artist
Rep:
Level 87
Oh you guys are being silly.  :-[

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
Awesome.
Simply awesome work.

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? The nice kind of alien~
Rep:
Level 92
Martian - Occasionally kind
There. You now have a more fitting custom title mr. Art God. :3
Truly amazing