RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[Solved][VX] Doing a script call for YEZ CG Gallery

Rep:
Level 56
RMRK Junior
I want to use Yanfly's CG Gallery (there is a lot of hand-drawn, western-style art and animation used) in this game (well, really, I want a mostly-functional complete game I can then market out to interested parties talented in scripting and composing music to complete it and make it an original commercial project--I want this project to be an accurate representation of what I want the game to be.)

Anyways, the problem I'm having is, of course, I'm not using YEZ, so while I'm 99% sure there's a way to make it work (I am no scripter), I'm not sure how to word a script call to call the gallery scene through an evented menu option in Main Menu Melody.

I tried using this script call:
$scene = Scene_CG_Gallery.new

...but I get this error:

ArgumentError occurred while running script.
wrong number of augments (0 for 1).

I was basically copying what I'd seen other script calls using. I admit I have little understanding of what these actually do. I'm attempting to improve, even though I don't plan on becoming a scripter any time soon (as an actor, I know that it pays to have understanding of what it is that scene designers, ect. do, so it makes sense that I should understand more about scripting), but I am stumped on this one.

Is there a script call that can bring up the gallery or am I way off base?

EDIT: EURG! I'm a moron. Forgot to attach the script for the gallery. It is now attached. Sorry.

EDIT 2: I should mention that I won't be able to check this site in a couple of days. I'll be returning home where there is no internet connection. If I could get an answer within the next couple days it would be most helpful. Hey, at the very least, I won't be able to bother anyone here with my n00b questions for at least a few weeks.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2012, 12:04:13 AM by dudeguy119 »

I support:

Rep:
Level 71
I think you do it like this.
Code: [Select]
$scene = Scene_CG_Gallery.new(x)
The script probably wants you to open it to a certain picture or gallery. I'll look over it better to see if that's the case.

Rep:
Level 60
Not quite. It is asking for the menu index to return the cursor to on the main menu. Of course, as it is written, this is a necessary argument. Just make that argument the menu index of the selection in your main menu that opens the gallery and it should work just fine. :)

Rep:
Level 56
RMRK Junior
Yes! It worked! Thanks guys! This one is now solved, and a special thanks credit is going to be added for the both of you.

I support: