RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Screenshot Thread

Rep:
Level 88
Illuminaudio
Oh god, I'm screwed...

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Best Non-RM Creator2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)2013 Best IRC ChatterboxParticipant - GIAW 112012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Funniest Member2012 Most Successful Troll2012 Best IRC ChatterboxSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Best IRC Chatterbox
There's lighting in the building, but no light source.

Rep:
Level 88
Illuminaudio
There's lighting in the building, but no light source.

Huh.
I didn't really consider that, I guess.
I was just illuminating the focal point.

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Randomizer - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Best Veteran2011 Kindest Member2010 Most Deserving Of A Promotion2010 Best RPG Maker User (Technical)
The tileset and everything look great with the atmosphere. My only critique is that it feels a bit too spacey/large, and the barrels feel like they were placed there only to kinda fill in that space as a result.

Rep:
Level 89
slate furry thing
Yeah, certainly needs a light source.

... give the player a torch?

Rep:
Level 84
puking up frothing vitriolic sarcastic spittle
@Taylor - those maps look awesome.

@Griever - looks like a unique project you have going there.

Thanks, I think. I'm trying to make a game that doesn't feel or look like every other RM2K3 game I've played (with varying degrees of success!)

@Dertt: I agree with the other comments, you definitely need a light source. Also, ordinarily I would say that the room is far too big as it looks too open and, if those enemies are touch-encounters, then I still think that it is. However, if they are ABS-based encounters then I'll let you off because the extra space might be needed to move around in...
« Last Edit: July 21, 2010, 12:32:21 PM by Griever »

Rep:
Level 84

Still not happy with this one. Something about the desk/computer doesn't sit right with me...

Rep:
Level 84
Will you join me in the dark side...?
looks pretty well pixl'd to me. thats a 10
My Puzzle/StandAlone game in a week:

Rep:
Level 84
It's human to misdo
Looks really good Griever. Though, as you said, the computer looks a bit strange. Try placing it more to the right so that the screen itself is pointing into the middle instead of having it pointing to the left of the desktop. At least I never have my screens pointing to the left or right of me...

Rep:
Level 84
Yes, hoh my gawd!
These may not seem like much but all the effects you see are done through scripting and c++
Spoiler for:
Events

Map

Other

Rep:
Level 84
This text is way too personal.
Bronze - GIAW 11 (Hard)Silver - GIAW Halloween
I think you should change the choice "Black and White" to Grayscale, though it doesn't really matter. Anyways, that looks like a nice tool which can make it easy to make recolours. And your RPG Engine seems to be coming along nicely. Great work!

Rep:
Level 84
Yes, hoh my gawd!
Oh, sorry if I was unclear xD I made a DLL in c++ and used in in rmxp to initiate the effects. My RPG Engine however is coming along great xD I just havent posted anything about it yet.

Thanks though ^_^

Rep:
Level 84

Maybe it was just an innocent crash...

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Best Non-RM Creator2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)2013 Best IRC ChatterboxParticipant - GIAW 112012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Funniest Member2012 Most Successful Troll2012 Best IRC ChatterboxSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Best IRC Chatterbox
These graphics; they are super works in progress!!

Rep:
Level 85
I solve practical problems.
For taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
Change the yellow lines on the street to be a more brighter orangey yellow color, right now they look pretty neon like. XD

Rep:
Level 76
<3 XP
1. Beach Cave kinda scene.
Spoiler for:
2. Cave1 Lower level
Spoiler for:
3. Cave1 Upper level
Spoiler for:
4. Cave2 Lower level, reason the "rock" is in front of the exit is because your supposed to blow it up with a bomb to get by.
Spoiler for:
5. Cave2 Upper level.
Spoiler for:
6. Outside cave2. Foresty area.
Spoiler for:
7. Near Foresty area. Beachy spot.
Spoiler for:
8. Above foresty place. River area.
Spoiler for:
9. Same as above but across river next to "tent"
Spoiler for:
10. Inside of tent, "Adventurer's Pavilion guy.
Spoiler for:
11. As I'm about to "rest"
Spoiler for:

I'm looking for some pretty harsh criticism here. Not blatant rudeness, but you get the point.  ;)

These shots are all from my current game. This is the first game that I'm "serious" about so I really want it to look good. :)

Completion: ██████████40%
Demo: ██████████70%

Rep:
Level 85
Your maps need more stuff in them, more trees, more flowers, etc etc. Get yourself a grass autotile, it helps out quite a bit

Rep:
Level 84
Tileset being worked on.

Rep:
Level 76
<3 XP
8/10 You can see the "grid" on the floor pretty easily.
Looks really good, but where is the light source at?

EDIT: Umm, IAMFORTE, what do you mean by "grass autotile" like a tall grass one? I looked on HBGames.org  for something of the sort but didn't find anything. If I could just get some clarification on that I'd appreciate it.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2010, 09:36:15 PM by Haydenap »

Rep:
Level 84
none, would be something that the char would be holding.thx btw =)

Rep:
Level 76
<3 XP
Alright I'm trying to improve upon my mapping skills. So I decided to try and make a nice looking map with the Grassland tileset. I added a Fire script made the map darker, and added a blueish fog. Also I used the round water autotile, and two tall grass autotiles. Lastly I edited the base of the trees so that it appears  they are "in grass" when they are in taller grass.

Lemme know whatcha think :D

Rep:
Level 85

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Randomizer - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Best Veteran2011 Kindest Member2010 Most Deserving Of A Promotion2010 Best RPG Maker User (Technical)
@DarkGamer - Maybe it's just my screen, but it seems just a bit /too/ dark.

Rep:
Level 84
I like it a lot 10/10.

Rep:
Level 76
<3 XP
Thanks! I thought it looked better also. As for the darkness, it was meant to be dawn. Also I wanted it dark enough to see the glow around the fire.

Ill post or edit later with another practice map.  ;D

I don't know much about using the canopy, but here's my attempt on this tileset.

EDIT:
« Last Edit: August 04, 2010, 09:15:33 PM by Haydenap »