RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Screenshot Thread

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Randomizer - GIAW 11Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Best Veteran2011 Kindest Member2010 Best RPG Maker User (Story)2010 Best RPG Maker User (Technical)
I know I've already posted some screenshots, but for the sake of keeping this thread going I'll post some more.

You can always enjoy a good old-fashioned barbeque here on Devil's Island.

Shoot the zombies, or use the flash grenade? Wait, do zombies even have eyeballs?

Of all the places I could have gone on vacation, I chose a friggin' island in the middle of the friggin' sea...

A house full of zombies, undead creatures, and monsters...and instead I'm going to get murdered by a woman.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2007, 09:03:23 PM by Zylos »

Rep:
Level 88
Illuminaudio
How would I view those maps, bigger.

...click on them?

Rep:
Level 87
"Dear diary, jack pot"
Well another pratice map.

Deceased, the memories of time flow ever lasting. Let the passion of the living and the dead touch you, and give you their wisdom.

I'd sooner die than leave your side, I'd sooner rust than let you die.

Rep:
Level 90
To join in on the fun here are shots of some maps :-) Anyone care to comment on them? There are quite a few.

MAPS:

Spoiler for:

MIRRO CAVERNS

TERRAKAN CAVE

VELOIT CASTLE

DREAMSCAPE

HEMONIA'S ABYSS

CAVERNS OF HEMONIA

PORT TALRON

PORT SHANALON

TOWN OF VALYON

community project for RPG Maker VX: http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,33789.0.html

Rep:
Level 88
Illuminaudio
9/10, the whole lot. Some of those are goddamn HUGE.

Rep:
Level 89
I love the beach one, just looks awesome, and the fire and earth cave.

Is that beach tileset one of the RTP ones?

Rep:
Level 90
9/10, the whole lot. Some of those are goddamn HUGE.

Some are huge, luckily there are warp points around towns. They are huge, cause towns have to be populated. As for the rest of the huge maps, people always complained about my maps being too straight forward. There are still straight forward maps, but they are not pictured here :-)

So why 9/10 What would bump it up to 10/10?

I love the beach one, just looks awesome, and the fire and earth cave.

Is that beach tileset one of the RTP ones?

The beach is the RTP yes. I love the beach one too. That particular port has no guards, so it is a safe haven for criminals, pirates and sailors. Caves are my faves to do. The fire cave is for the "thrilling oni chase," it is such a great cave, very branching. The Mirro Cave only has one real way, but it looks like there are lots of ways to go. It winds in a big long snake pattern.
community project for RPG Maker VX: http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,33789.0.html

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Best Use Of Avatar And Signature Space
Yeah, those are some great maps maia. I particularly like the fire cave and the beach town. One thing that looks kind of strange is the drop in wall level in the port city along the canal, without any stairs. Of course, it is kind of far up so I might just not be seeing it very well.

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? The nice kind of alien~
Rep:
Level 92
Martian - Occasionally kind
How would I view those maps, bigger.
If you are talking about the posts with attached pictures.
Click on the actual picture. It should then load in the bigger and full image. It will probably not work if you don't have Javascript enabled.

Rep:
Level 87
^^Will Kill You^^
Heres a test one I did from my new game Sol | Lunar.

http://img214.imageshack.us/my.php?image=screenshot1ia8.bmp

You can walk on the log and  the light blue water. The frog gets in the way though.
LOS's pirate sets come in handy ;)
"It started badly, it tailed off a little in the middle and the less said about the end the better — but apart from that it was excellent."

Rep:
Level 88
Illuminaudio

Some are huge, luckily there are warp points around towns. They are huge, cause towns have to be populated. As for the rest of the huge maps, people always complained about my maps being too straight forward. There are still straight forward maps, but they are not pictured here :-)

So why 9/10 What would bump it up to 10/10?

You know, I just looked at them again, and I couldn't remember (or find) what I saw taking off that one point. So 10/10.

Rep:
Level 87
"Dear diary, jack pot"
I'd give that a 10/10 Drift.
Also Maia i'd give your's a 10/10 also.

Comments?
Deceased, the memories of time flow ever lasting. Let the passion of the living and the dead touch you, and give you their wisdom.

Rep: +0/-0Level 86
What's with these people?!?
9/10, it looks great, but the slope at the top that goes up the hill kinda looks flat.

Okay, my turn!

It's not that great, but I think I actually did a somewhat good job. It's probably not complete, but I think this is what it may look like when it' finished(but better of course ;D)

EDIT: A couple mispelled words.

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Randomizer - GIAW 11Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Best Veteran2011 Kindest Member2010 Best RPG Maker User (Story)2010 Best RPG Maker User (Technical)
The stairs and that line of rocks near the stairs looks REALLY weird. I can't even tell if the stairs are going up or down.

Not sure what to give this...

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Yeah, the line of rocks... there's not even a square of wall... :P

Rep:
Level 86
Project of the Month winner for February 2008
@GasparXR: 3/10 I'd say. There are quite a few errors that really kill any and all sense of depth in this screenshot.
The stairs between two even levels as has been previously mentioned, as well as the large rock between the two sections. Also, what's with the little bit of blue on the smaller rocks?

Rep: +0/-0Level 86
What's with these people?!?
The blue? I don't know, it was like that when I put them there.

As for the line of rocks... Yes, that's already fixed, and the big rock inbetween was an oversight of mine when I made it. That's all fixed now.

Rep:
Level 86
Hey, Ruzu, I recommend making your cliffs not so... uniform.  Try something more random.

Here's a canyon that will be shown in a game of mine.  Please, give me your opinions.
Spoiler for "map":

Rep:
Level 87
"Dear diary, jack pot"
10/10 Leon.

Not to sure by what you mean by uniform but just in case

This mgiht or might not appear in my game.

So, comments  ;D

Meet me in the middle
Rep:
Level 89
or left of the dial.
For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam botsSecret Santa 2012 Participant
There are way to many diagonal cliff pieces. It's supposed to be random.

Rep:
Level 90
There are way to many diagonal cliff pieces. It's supposed to be random.

Perhaps it is called diaginal rock quarry?

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
That's the only way I would give it a score but... there's water on top of a cliff. ;-; I just have a feeling that it's kinda off-ish :P

Rep:
Level 87
"Dear diary, jack pot"
Well i wasn't trying to be exact with the water on the hill, but the map is based off a picture i saw before.

Edit: Thought it would look nice.

Rep:
Level 86
9/10, it looks great, but the slope at the top that goes up the hill kinda looks flat.

Okay, my turn!

It's not that great, but I think I actually did a somewhat good job. It's probably not complete, but I think this is what it may look like when it' finished(but better of course ;D)

EDIT: A couple mispelled words.

Hmm, the stairs are kinda confusing, ... but anyway I'm going to rate it 9/10.

Revolution is not a bed of roses.
Rep:
Level 91
Project of the Month winner for July 2009
9/10? That map is very poor. For starters, I see 4 tiles used incorrectly. The rocks also look out of place. That's a 3/10 for me.